Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Mickey's Toontown closing? in the Vacation Planning forums; When they say later in the year mickey's toontown is closing anyone know when approx?...
    petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Mickey's Toontown closing?

When they say later in the year mickey's toontown is closing anyone know when approx?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Mickey's Toontown closing?

I read on allears rehab schedule that Jan. 2011 is the time that Toontown is schedule to close but I've also heard on other sites/podcasts earlier dates.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

I hope 2011 cos then it'll still be open when I go

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by petals3485 View Post
    I hope 2011 cos then it'll still be open when I go
    when are you going?? scratch that, I just saw your ticker, I think it should be opened in August/Sept..
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Going in September can't wait

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I'm going to be there in December and I'll be less annoyed if it's closed and there's nothing to ride rather than have it still be open in its present state with, well, nothing to ride.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

I think they should have closed it years ago.Hey! Matter of fact,they should have NEVER opened that section as Toontown,nor Mickey's Starland.It is and was a waste of space,when a cool ride or rides could be put there.A Meet the Robinsons type ride would be perfect!
    Park Hopper Dad!

Not sure why, but Meet the Robinsons was never a film I considered a Disney movie. I know it is, but it still doesn't register for me.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Meet the Robinsons- a decent movie... not Pixar because Eisner thought he could do better than Pixar did...

end result- Eisner... gone... Pixar... purchased by Disney... and MTR... it doesnt register for supernova and most Disney fans...

who said Eisner didnt have all the answers...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

oh and btw i am not necessarily bashing Eisner... he did some decent things in the beginning... but the death of Frank Wells was the end of Eisner's good run... Wells was the man who could put Eisner in place... and keep things running the right way... which is why it is not surprising that Wells has the highest window on Main Street, USA... that and he was a climber... hey 7 summits...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

So what if Meet the Robinsons is not a "Disney" type movie.It is still an excellent movie and yes Pixar is now owned by Disney,so it's all,one in the same now.Everybody goes ape*****,crazy for Toy Story,1,2,and soon 3.Duh? Pixar!I'm old enough to remember all of the 60's tv shows with Uncle Walt,and I prefer some of the older classic ways,just like anyone else,in my age bracket.But I also know when I see a quality-made animation movie,either painted cells or computer-generated,and MtR is one of those.I also like the Incredibles as well.
    All I'm saying,is,we need to realize that the completely classic days are gone at Disney.Newer generation of imagineers and artists now,and we'd better start enjoying these newer ideas,or before you know it,we will start critisizing all things Disney,and then some may even quit going to WDW.I'm just saying..............
    Park Hopper Dad!

Never said it wasn't a Disney-type movie. Just said that it wasn't a Disney film to me. The same way Home on the Range isn't a Disney film. As for computer animated films, I'd put Meet the Robinsons in the same category as other forgetable films with any other studio (think Ant Bully or Hoodwinked).

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Never said it wasn't a Disney-type movie. Just said that it wasn't a Disney film to me. The same way Home on the Range isn't a Disney film. As for computer animated films, I'd put Meet the Robinsons in the same category as other forgetable films with any other studio (think Ant Bully or Hoodwinked).
    I re-read your post,and I see what you are saying.Got a little carried away on my last post.Sorry.Nothing bad intended.I'm not familiar with Ant Bully and Hoodwinked.Never heard of those two.
    Ya know,our movie likes and dislikes is actually the same as the old saying,"one man's junk is another man's treasure'.So where you may not care for MtR,I guess I do,and I jumped,before I saw how deep the hole was.LOL!Ha Ha!
    Park Hopper Dad!

No problem. There are just films that never registered as Disney to me. Meet the Robinsons might as well have been Dreamworks. Maybe it's because they were released, didn't do too well commercially, and Disney stepped away from them. Same thing with the live action films like The Black Hole and even Popeye, to some extent. Never a Disney film, yet put out through Disney or through Disney Pictures.
    Last edited by supernova; 06-04-2010 at 09:28 AM.

and i am not bashing MtR either... i think it was a victim of its time... the fact is MtR was made during those dark last years of Michael Eisner... when he thought that Disney animation would just start making Computer generated movies and everyone would forget about Pixar...

but the fact does remain... if MtR said Disney*Pixar... it could quite possible be a major player in the Disney parks...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast