Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Ideas For 10th Anniversary in the Vacation Planning forums; Taking my wife to WDW for our 10th in mid to late September (Friday to a Tuesday). Staying at the Coronado. Hitting the following for dining: Kouzzina for first night ...
    ljutic213 is offline A-Ticket holder

Ideas For 10th Anniversary

Taking my wife to WDW for our 10th in mid to late September (Friday to a Tuesday). Staying at the Coronado. Hitting the following for dining:

Kouzzina for first night
    Maya Grill for second night (before hitting Mickey's Not So Scary)
    Jiko for third night
    The Wave for fourth night (wanting to be close to MK so we can go to the parade and fireworks without a rush and get a good seat)

Special things we plan to do is the Around the World Tour (w/ a Segway) and the Mickey's No So Scary.

I'm open to any other ideas. Places to go, shows to see, or tours to take. We only have three full days but will be around for half days on the days we travel. We've always stayed at the Poly in the past...but, the Coronado is as close as we can get within our current budget and still have left overs for the special things we plan to do as noted above.

I wanted one killer romantic meal which is why I picked Jiko. We're on the dining plan...so, I'm already overbooked by one credit or I'd be all about some other places as well such as the California Grill. But...I only want to pay out of pocket for one meal. Was Jiko the right choice? We've never been.

How can I make this a really special trip as it's the first time we've ever been there without our kids? I'm convinced it will be a totally different experience. I'm sure there are things I've never thought of as we've always geared everything around our two little girls. Thanks so much for the input.

Jed
    Last edited by ljutic213; 05-21-2010 at 05:31 PM.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

Re: Ideas For 10th Anniversary

If you don't already have this in your plans, I would definitely recommend that you get anniversary buttons and also let the concierge desk at your resort know it's y'alls anniversary.
    Just those two things right there netted our oldest DD all kinds of greetings and goodies when we were there for her 16th b-day back in July of '07!

Oh, and BTW...
    Happy anniversary!!!

ajwiseman09 is offline C-Ticket Holder

We stayed at Coronado for our honeymoon this past October and it was lovely. I would ask for one of the rooms to the right of the main building (if you are looking at the layout of the hotel). I felt like it was more of a tropical feel and had some hammocks along the water area. Most people didn't like the hotel and it doesn't have the best rating, but I really enjoyed it. The rooms were recently refurbished and that was kind of nice. While the food court was not as nice as it could have been, we only ate there twice, so it really didn't matter. The Rix lounge is really neat and offers a nice place to get a drink and have some adult time (they have really good pineapple-upside down cake shooters).

Enjoy your anniversary trip and do make sure to wear your buttons. We got lots of free desserts!
    "There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." Walt Disney

Prior to 1998-Offsite (2 trips)
    2000-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2001-Fort Wilderness (5)
    2006-Offsite (3)
    10/10/09-10/17-Coronado Springs (Honeymoon) (6)
    12/31/09-1/4/10-All Star Movies (New Years) (3)
    10/7/10-10/16-Wilderness Lodge (1st Ann.) (8)
    11/24/10-11/28-Lighthouse Keys (2)
    3/9/11-3/15/11-LK & PO Riverside (5)
    7/29/11-8/6/11- LK and Disney Dream (3)
    9/2/11-9/6/11- LK (4)
    12/31-1/6/12 - LK and Carribbean Beach (7)
    3/29-4/2 - Pop Century (3)
    7/27-7/30 - LK (4)
    11/1-11/11 - Poly, Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Dream (5)
    5/23/13-5/27 - LK (5)
    8/3-811 - Disneyland (4)

Total Days in Disney Parks: 72

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

go online and order some bride and groom ears.. and in the fall they have the haunted hayride.. we went on our anni it was fun
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

ljutic213 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks for the ideas everyone...I can't wait for our trip and will definitely get the buttons...that's great advice.

We ended up having to bump our trip a couple of weeks due to the availability of the grandparents to watch our kids. So, we'll even be able to hit the start of the Food and Wine Festival.

Should be fun and thanks again...your thoughts and time are greatly appreciated!

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by ljutic213 View Post
    Thanks for the ideas everyone...I can't wait for our trip and will definitely get the buttons...that's great advice.

We ended up having to bump our trip a couple of weeks due to the availability of the grandparents to watch our kids. So, we'll even be able to hit the start of the Food and Wine Festival.

Should be fun and thanks again...your thoughts and time are greatly appreciated!
    If you've never been to the food and wine festival,you're in for a treat.Not only are there tons of other foods from other countries besides the permanent countries there,but don't miss the Eat to the Beat concert in the evening when at Epcot.Check your schedules and you'll see what band or individual will be performing during your day there.We've seen,Kool and the Gang,Starship,Beach Boys(Mike Love only original),Loverboy.
    But don't bypass the food samples from the booths.Try a little bit of everything,you'll love it.We actually ate at many of the booths one year for our lunch.So many different kinds of food to try.It cost me about $100 for the four of us to eat that day.Not bad when you consider the vast choices of samples from around the world.
    One last thing.We are not able to afford the expensive restaurants,especially with two teenage girls,so we eat at the POP Century's Food Court,which we like.But don't forget about Downtown Disney.Three of our favs are there.Rainforest Cafe(which we have been to at least 6 times,so we've quit going there),Earl of Sandwich,which has awesome sandwiches for about $5 each,plus sides,and Wolfgang Puck's Express.It has a lot of great meals,reasonably priced for a family of four.Hope this helps some.
    Park Hopper Dad!