Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Where First?!?!?! in the Vacation Planning forums; I am trying to decide between going to DHS, and AK on one day of our trip. We have only one day for these two parks and this is our ...
    heff is offline A-Ticket holder

Exclamation Where First?!?!?!

I am trying to decide between going to DHS, and AK on one day of our trip. We have only one day for these two parks and this is our only park hopper day. Should we go DHS AK DHS? I guess my main concern is the lines since we are going in mid June. We want to hit the big three at DHS (TSM, ToT, RnRC) and KS and EE at Ak.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Where First?!?!?!

Difficult to get everything in, but you might want to try going to DHS when it first opens (even better if morning EMH). Head straight to RnR Coaster, followed by ToT, then grab a FP for TSM and leave the park for AK. Once at AK, grab a FP for EE, then check the line for KS. If over 30 minutes (most likely), hit other attractions at AK until you can get a FP for KS. Once FP time is up for EE, ride then go to KS. Once you have experienced both of these, head back to DHS where you can use your FP for TSM (yes, it will be after the posted time on your FP, but that is okay). Spend the rest of your day at DHS and try to catch Fantasmic if playing that day.

bety is offline Disney World Beast

I would go to Animal Kingdom first. It usually closes earlier than Hollywood Studios does, so you'll get the most out of your time that way because you can stay at AK for a while and then go to DHS for the rest of the night.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

I would say DHS first because on some days all the fast passes for TSM are gone pretty quickly. I like NC Daddy's idea but get the TSM fast pass and then hit the other two.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

The TSM FP line can be up to 20 minutes within a few minutes fo the park opening. That is why I recommended the other two attractions, followed by getting a TSM FP when there is no, or very little, wait at the kiosk. Your return time will not be until the afternoon, but that will work out okay since you'll be at AK for awhile. Also, once you enter AK, you can get a FP right away. Your ticket will not be affected by the FP you just got in DHS.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder

Good idea, I usually beat the rush for the fast pass kiosk while the family gets in line.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.