Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Any other Star Wars related closings? in the Vacation Planning forums; While watching Lou's video from Star Wars weekend, it got me wondering about whether the Star Tours closure would also include the gift shop. Now I highly doubt that it ...
    Disney's Folly is offline C-Ticket Holder

Any other Star Wars related closings?

While watching Lou's video from Star Wars weekend, it got me wondering about whether the Star Tours closure would also include the gift shop. Now I highly doubt that it would since it's unlike Disney to hamper such a bountiful (get it?) merchandising shop. But you never know what kind of construction is being done for the new ride.

Also wondering if any exterior work is going to be done. I'm sad that i won't get one more ride on it (my trip is in October) but I'd love to at least get a few good photos of the AT-AT and Ewok village!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Any other Star Wars related closings?

I wonder if they'd redo the front. I would just as soon leave it all there. The whole "Endor" thing is just a byproduct of the ride, anyway. A trip to somewhere that you never even see, what's the point of theming the entrance to something that's not even part of the ride. So leave it there. It says "Star Wars" to me, not "Star Tours". So no matter what incarnation of the ride they throw in there, the front will still be appropriate. Maybe this ride is still a trip to Endor but you get lost in different ways.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Disney's Folly View Post
    While watching Lou's video from Star Wars weekend, it got me wondering about whether the Star Tours closure would also include the gift shop. Now I highly doubt that it would since it's unlike Disney to hamper such a bountiful (get it?) merchandising shop. But you never know what kind of construction is being done for the new ride.

Also wondering if any exterior work is going to be done. I'm sad that i won't get one more ride on it (my trip is in October) but I'd love to at least get a few good photos of the AT-AT and Ewok village!
    I agree with you, I doubt they would close a gift shop
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Yeah, I never made it to Endor either. That moron pilot always finds a way to drop us off at a Tatooine market.

GoofyMVP is offline A-Ticket holder

Greetings.

I doubt they'll close the gift shop, but maybe a section of it could be closed off, since it's relatively close to the exit of the ride, and they don't want guests to see what the new ride will look like.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Yeah, I never made it to Endor either. That moron pilot always finds a way to drop us off at a Tatooine market.
    Good point. Since ol' Fat Neck Lucas is so heIl bent on throwing in that dreadful podracing nonsense, maybe the ride could be switched to a trip to Tatooine. This way, the shuttle can fly through various scenes, then end up with the podrace silliness and slide into a crashlanding on the planet with the giftshop. That would seem to make the most sense to me. Maybe the shuttle departs from Endor, which is how the entrance is themed, and then lands on Tatooine, which is how the exit is themed. OK, someone make me an official Imagineer already. That was easy to fix.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.