Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Another EMH question in the Vacation Planning forums; Is there anything special you need to do or get to participate in the EMH in the evening. I am wondering if there is a wristband or anything like you ...

Another EMH question

Is there anything special you need to do or get to participate in the EMH in the evening. I am wondering if there is a wristband or anything like you used to get when you purchased the E ride nights. Our first day at WDW we are going to MK, but when they close at 10 DH and I would like to hop over to MGM for the EMH hours, but not sure if we will be able to get in at that late time.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    this might answer your questions

Evening Extra Magic Hours typically extend three hours beyond a park's scheduled closing time. You'll need to obtain a wristband at the theme park by presenting a valid Key to the World Card at one of several designated locations no sooner than two hours prior to park close.

NOTE: There has been some confusion regarding the new Magic Your Way tickets and Extra Magic Hour. If your Magic Your Way ticket DOES NOT have the Park Hopper option, you will NOT be able to visit more than one park per day. This means that if you want to take advantage of Extra Magic Hour, you must be sure to visit the park offering it that day or evening.

Example: You visit Magic Kingdom in the morning. Epcot is the Extra Magic Hour park of the day. You MAY NOT go to Epcot that evening if your Magic Your Way ticket does not have the Park Hopper option.

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    this too

Extra Magic Hours

Each day one of the Disney Theme Parks opens an hour early or stays open up to three hours after regular park closing, so Disney Resort Guests* can enjoy easy access to select attractions — even the most popular ones! With Extra Magic Hours, you can make the most of your vacation time and see and do everything at an easy, relaxed pace.

If you want to take advantage of this benefit and have a Magic Your Way Base Ticket, your Theme Park selection must be the Park offering the Extra Magic Hours benefit that day. Remember, you can only visit one Theme Park per day with the Magic Your Way Base Ticket. To get the most out of the Extra Magic Hours benefit, just add the Park Hopper® Option to your ticket. Then you can go from Theme Park to Theme Park on the same day, including whichever Park has Extra Magic Hours.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    The wristbands were still being given out when I left MGM at 11:30 p.m. on an EMH night, so you shouldn't have any trouble.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by crashbunny
    this might answer your questions

Evening Extra Magic Hours typically extend three hours beyond a park's scheduled closing time. You'll need to obtain a wristband at the theme park by presenting a valid Key to the World Card at one of several designated locations no sooner than two hours prior to park close.

NOTE: There has been some confusion regarding the new Magic Your Way tickets and Extra Magic Hour. If your Magic Your Way ticket DOES NOT have the Park Hopper option, you will NOT be able to visit more than one park per day. This means that if you want to take advantage of Extra Magic Hour, you must be sure to visit the park offering it that day or evening.

Example: You visit Magic Kingdom in the morning. Epcot is the Extra Magic Hour park of the day. You MAY NOT go to Epcot that evening if your Magic Your Way ticket does not have the Park Hopper option.
    We have AP's so that won't be a problem....it's just getting the wristband that I didn't want to deal with. Obviously if we do not leave the MK until 10 I will not be to MGM in time for the 2 hour time period before park closes. I was just trying to make it so we didn't have to do a lot of running around. I would think there would be a better way for Disney to handle this. I don't know why you are not able to obtain these wristbands at your hotel before you start your day! Thank you for the information though...

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Melissa - I think you missed my answer. Whenever you get into MGM, as long as it is before EMH ends, they have wristbands available right at the entrance. It can't get any easier!

You can't get a wristband prior to 2 hours before park closing, but you can get them any time after that. For example: MGM closes at 9 pm, EMH run until midnight. You can start getting wristbands at 7 pm and they are available until just before midnight. Got it???
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    Melissa - I think you missed my answer. Whenever you get into MGM, as long as it is before EMH ends, they have wristbands available right at the entrance. It can't get any easier!

You can't get a wristband prior to 2 hours before park closing, but you can get them any time after that. For example: MGM closes at 9 pm, EMH run until midnight. You can start getting wristbands at 7 pm and they are available until just before midnight. Got it???
    Okay...yes I did miss your post. I must have been writing my reply when you were posting yours. Thank you! That is much better and will completely work out for us!