Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Villians In Vogue in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey Disney experts, Been trolling the boards for awhile, but I now have a question that maybe one of you can help me answer. I made my first trip to ...
    northegreat is offline A-Ticket holder

Villians In Vogue

Hey Disney experts,

Been trolling the boards for awhile, but I now have a question that maybe one of you can help me answer.

I made my first trip to WDW in 2008 at the ripe age of 32 years old. While on this trip, I purchased a coffee mug with all the Disney Villians on it from this store. In 2009, we made another trip (though this time only 3 days as oppose t0 8) and I grabbed another mug featuring all the Disney Villians from the same store - only with a different design.

My question(s): Is there a new mug design every year? And seeing as how a planned trip this fall was cancelled because of unexpected car repair bills, I'm not going to be going to WDW in 2010. Is there another way to get this mug? I find it's a fun collectible and amaze my co-workers by having the coolest coffee mug in the building.

Any information would be appreciated. Hoping to recoup our hit on the car and take a week down in the Spring. Don't know why I wrote that -- it just kind of came out.

Thanks again!
    May 2008 - POP CENTURY

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Villians In Vogue

Not sure if they do a new mug every year. I have a decent collection of villain merchandise but stopped buying mugs. I actually just got rid of a few old mugs because I'm tired of seeing the same villains on everything (enough with Ursula and Malificent and the Wicked Queen over and over and over and over and over...). To order any merchandise you see in the parks, just call the Guest Services Merchandise line or call the operator and ask them to connect you to the store directly. You know Disney and their worshiping of the mighty dollar -- they're happy to send anything and everything your way. Good luck and keep me posted.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.

I'm an easy mark for Villians merchandise. The Villians In Vouge store @ DHS is always an expensive stop, and the cart outside the HM usually separates me from some cash too (but hey, I have the only Disney Villains beach towel at the pool!). Supernova is correct- anything your heart desires is a phone call away.
    Last edited by Serkazong; 07-22-2010 at 06:44 PM.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

My big problem with that store is that the merchandisers seem to ignore the sign on the front of the shop. There is so little left there for the villains and I leave disappointed every time I visit. The shelves seem to be a dumping ground for Pirates stuff from the movie and tons of Nightmare Before Christmas garbage that doesn't fit anywhere else into any of the four parks. So, they removed the villain stuff to make room for miscellaneous garbage that otherwise wouldn't have a home. So where does that leave us villains fans?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

AuburnDisneyFan is offline A-Ticket holder

I agree, This used to be my favorite store. We just got back on Sunday and I was very disappointed. Now the store is a huge Vinylmation display (like most stores now), with s small section devoted to the new Alice in Wonderland. and just your general Alice merchandise-the new Mad Hatter hat, a Chesire Cat stuffed animal, and a shirt with the new Alice. Even in February there was a bigger Villain display, with the collectible limited edition Alice mouse ears.