Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss photopass?? in the Vacation Planning forums; I still really dont understand photopass? We got the card in the mail for end of August trip. How does this work? Is it something we can use on the ...
    Rmesure is offline A-Ticket holder

Question photopass??

I still really dont understand photopass? We got the card in the mail for end of August trip. How does this work? Is it something we can use on the in ride photos as well? Any info is a help...thanks in advance

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: photopass??

Not really sure about the in ride photos, but in the parks it's nice to have the whole family in a picture instead of the dad or mom that's always left out of the picture. Give the photographer the card and then before you leave stop by Exposition Hall to view and purchase pics and or Cd's or at home view them online and purchase there.
    Tiffany~o ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder

Why would it come in the mail? Don't the CM Photographers give them out when your picture is first taken? Is this something new? If so are you supposed to order it in advance now......, wow to many changes I don't know about.
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I received one for my last trip- in the mail that is. It is just another way for them to advertise and get you to use the product. By having you having the pass from the beginning, you may use it more because you won't have to ask for one?

They still hand them out so if you aren't there with a package, etc, you can still do it. It is just an advertising ploy as is the buy the CD before hand. The more you prepay, the more likely you are to use it. This is just my take on the situation.

Last year not every ride let you add it to your photopass but I really like that feature! Sure made me want to use it.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

what rides does use the photopass card.. and i think they all should use it
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Doombuggy13 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking Re: photopass??

As of May, it was still only Test Track that lets you add the ride photo to your card. The prepay saves you a lot of money. Disney's PhotoCD Pre-Arrival Savings Offer

Only $100. Sounds like a lot but we had over 300 pictures and then added boarders and Disney clipart and had over 700 variations. Well worth it having them printed at Wal*Mart. A 5x7 at the world is around $10, so 10 pictures and you break even. Sure you could just take the pictures yourself, but it is not the same. When we didn't do Photopass, I was in like 5 pictures. With the Photopass, I was in over 40 pictures with my family.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i wana do the prepaid disc.. but i think i have to wait to closer to time to leave to get it
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Vadania is offline C-Ticket Holder

Photopass is awesome!!

Take advantage of any photographer. It was really good to get my whole party in the pictures with the characters and they usually have the best positions for key features like the castle.

If you go to any events they also have special positions like outside Pirates or in front of the Haunted Mansion they put a ghost in the background or had you with the Hitchhiking ghosts at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party.

The photographers like to try different things too and are open to suggestions and requests. They also usually take multiple pictures in case someone is blinking.

Really worth it, I've got the money set aside for the CD already as I can't pre-order from the UK
    Kungaloosh!!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

One thing I noticed with the photopass photographers is that some are better than others... so take LOTS of pictures. A few times we would walk up main street and every 20 feet or so stop at another photographer. When we saw our pictures we noticed that some were blurry, some were alright, and some were REALLY good. Also like Vadania said, some will have different poses, and some photographers even had props. One gave us a sword and later our pictures showed us sword fighting with captain hook!...another had HSM cheerleading pompoms and basketballs, etc. And you're paying just one fee for all of them so it doesn't hurt! We ended up taking over 200 photos on that trip. I still bring my own camera (I have an SLR) and take thousands of pictures during my trips, but the photopass helps make sure I'M in some shots. My boyfriend and I don't have many nice pictures together that are recent so I'm going to take advantage for that reason too!

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder

So let me understand, you buy $100 package, they take the pictures (unlimited?) and then you get to have the CD with 200 or so pictures, and you have all the rights to them, to take the CD home and print them and bring it to Walmart to print them unlimited quantities?
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

That's correct. And it is really cool to make a calendar so you can relive a trip all year long. I just saw a thing about a prepay special right now. I just need the money to do it now!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Ya, well for $100 you go home after your trip and order the CD to your house, and for $150 you bring the CD home from the parks. So a $50 savings isn't too bad.

But if you're going to be there for awhile and you know beforehand then its REALLY worth the money. Not so much if you take 10-20 photos...
    I'm excited for this upcoming trip (TOMORROW!!! AH!) because we're going for 2 full weeks, plus we have friends who are going too and we're doing some days with them and some not, but we're going to combine our photos anyways. We're going to see how many photos we can have taken haha.