Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Question in the Vacation Planning forums; We're going to WDW in mid-September and will be there for the first date of the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (Sept 14). Can anyone give more details about the event? Is ...
    brentbrit is offline A-Ticket holder

Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Question

We're going to WDW in mid-September and will be there for the first date of the Not-So-Scary Halloween Party (Sept 14). Can anyone give more details about the event? Is it worth attending as just two adults? Do they cap ticket sales at a certain number as I've heard, making for short lines at attractions?

We've managed to score Le Cellier reservations for that same night so it comes down to if we want to finally eat there (months before the change to 2 dining credits!) or if we want to experience a special night at MK.

Any thoughts, info, opinions?

Thanks!

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Question

I haven't been to the Halloween party but have some friends who can't say enough good things about the parade and general atmosphere, personally I'd keep my Cellier ressies! Ha, maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

I've been to the Christmas party a few times and there are generally no lines to anything and you can get hot cocoa and cookies, special fireworks and parade and snow on Main Street! The atmosphere is pretty great, especially when guests get into the spirit and wear holiday hats, scarves and gloves. It's really a lot of fun.

So really I am sure I just managed to confuse you even more! Le Cellier will still be just one credit for lunch, if you go there for the soup and breadsticks (like me) then you can always go on a later trip and get a lunch ADR.

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

I'm going for the first time this year as well but it looks like so much fun. Special parade and fireworks as well as villian mix and mingle show and stitchs dance party and rare characters about the park.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i really like the party.. me and the hubby are going alone this year and were dressing up and doing dinner at the royal table.. so i'm using 2 dinning credits and the $$ for the halloween party tickets.. so i guess i more than like it i love it.. were also doing the haunted carriage ride one evening too.. and were also going to the halloween horror nights at that other park..

if halloween is your thing.. then you'll love it.. getting to see all the villans and everyone dressed up.. the headless horse man

alot people wanna eat at le cellier.. but to me thats just a meal.. and its over.. the halloween party is all evening and alot my memories for me than a meal unless your a food person more than a halloween person
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Hubby and I attended the party in October 2008 and had an absolute blast. It was just us two adults, but we really got in to the spirit of things and dressed up and joined in with the trick-or-treating. It was such a fun night out and one of the highlights of our trip.

This is us dressed as Jasmine and Cap'n Jack:

Last edited by missbounce; 08-23-2010 at 12:14 PM.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

babyladykatie is offline C-Ticket Holder

My friends and I went to MNSSHP a few years back and it was SO fun. 3 of us dressed as girls from Harry Potter and the other 3 dressed as characters from Kingdom Hearts. We had SO much fun!

My favorite part though was the fortune tellers. My fortune teller told me that I had a very exciting event coming up very soon. That "exciting event" was my 20th birthday, which was the next day. It may sound silly but I thought it was cool!!

Anyway, Le Cellier is awesome and a wonderful experience, but I would go with the party. Le Cellier is there year-round, the party is only one season a year.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Walt Disney World College Program Alumni - 2003
    *Currently doing everything I possibly can to go back
    to work at WDW.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

1989 - Off Property, First Trip to WDW
    1994 - Polynesian Resort
    2000 - Off Property
    2003 - Walt Disney World College Program, Merchandise Hostess, Disney-MGM Studios
    2004 - Off Property
    2006 - Boardwalk
    2007 - Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
    2009 - Coronado Springs, Got engaged at WDW!!!
    February 2010 - Wilderness Lodge
    December 2010 - Caribbean Beach
    February 2011 - 4-night Disney Cruise on the Disney Dream
    2012 - Disney Wedding!!!

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder

So far nobody seems to have mentioned that even though you're all grown up you can get candy at the many trick-or-treat stations around the party!

We always do the Halloween party, it's great fun and the parade & fireworks are awesome...

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

aw.. so were sharing pics

heres mine

All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

IT's a difficult one, because the parties are fun, but I love Le Cellier. If I were you I would go to the NSSHP and see if I could get a lunch in Le Cellier

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

We did the Mickey's halloween thing a few years ago and it was ok,but I wouldn't make a special effort in going.We weren't impressed with the colored lighting,it made it a lot more difficult to see at night.The regular lights would have been fine.Plus it's over before you get started good.I t only lasted 5 hours back then.Time you wait in line for pics and wait in line for camdy,most of the time is spent waiting in lines of some sort.Yeah some of the rides aren't too long,but the better rides have a wait.All in all,I'd not do it,if you do not have kids,if you do have kids,then bypass Le Cellier and take the kids.But two adults,I'd skip it.
    Park Hopper Dad!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I have yet to experience a capped night. I have seen "Sold Out" printed over dates, but those seem to be closer to the actual holiday, or on a weekend. Otherwise, Disney will freely pack as many people as they can for an extra $50+ each. So don't feel ashamed to load up on the candy... they're certainly making a fortune off us.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

does anyone know if entry time is 4 or 7 if you have halloween tickets cos on some sites I've read 4 and others say 7

Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by petals3485 View Post
    does anyone know if entry time is 4 or 7 if you have halloween tickets cos on some sites I've read 4 and others say 7
    When we went there,as I had posted,we got there at 7 and other people were already in there.So they may allow those with costumes on,in earlier than 7.We did have costumes on,but were not aware that we could get into the MK earlier than 7.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Park Hopper Dad View Post
    When we went there,as I had posted,we got there at 7 and other people were already in there.So they may allow those with costumes on,in earlier than 7.We did have costumes on,but were not aware that we could get into the MK earlier than 7.
    When I booked them I had heard we could get in at 4 with the halloween tickets

tdf192 is offline C-Ticket Holder

As far as I know you can get there early but none of the special Halloween events and stalls are open / available until after 7 when the park closes to all other guests

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast