Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What Rides do you refuse to ever ride and why? in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm not sure I understand the logic in your ride selections, miakoda. Splash Mountain is TAME compared to Big Thunder. ????????...
    iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I'm not sure I understand the logic in your ride selections, miakoda. Splash Mountain is TAME compared to Big Thunder. ????????

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.

What Rides do you refuse to ever ride and why?

There is already a similar thread, what haven't you done, but I wanted to amend this to say what WONT YOU DO? If there are other chickens out there like me, or people with motion sickness , or any other strange reason why you refuse to ride a ride or see a show, I wanna hear about it! Even if you HAVE done it but will never do it again! Here's my list:

Magic Kingdom:
    Mad Tea Party--spinning makes me dizzy and sick (never rode)
    Astro Orbiter (Star Jets....teehee)--same as above, I got as far as the top and changed my mind when I saw how fast they are up close and a CM said it makes her sick to ride it. (never rode)
    Splash Mountain--don't like drops (never rode)
    Space Mountain--this is one is iffy b/c it's a fairly tame roller coaster, I just don't like not seeing where I'm going and the big drop at the end. I have ridden it and MAY again, depending on my mood and who is with me. (rode a few times)
    Mission to Mars--I know it's gone but I was scared to ride it as a kid. (never rode....never can now )But I used to be too scared to ride Pirates too when I heard there was a "drop" (it's silly now...such a small drop....one of my faves now).
    Hall of Presidents--unless I need a nap (been, er....dragged....once or twice as a kid)

Epcot:
    Mission Space--heard it spins ya and even my dad who loves roller coasters got sick and wouldn't ride it again. (never rode)
    Body Wars--even simulators make me ill! (never rode)
    The New Imagination Ride--silent protest for the horrible thing Disney did with this one....even after they tried to fix it by bringing back Figment and the "song" see my rant in the lost attractions thread. (ridden once for each of the two refurbs)

Animal Kingdom:
    I don't know what it's called but the new little roller coaster that spins (update:PRIMEVAL WHIRL...thanks Mandabella!)--hmm I'm still deciding. I don't think I would like it. (never rode)

MGM:
    Tower of Terror--I'm already deathly afraid of elevators! And I hate drops! This is actually one I wish I wasn't too chicken to ride. I love the twilight zone and heard it's a really cool ride, and everyone in my family's favorite. (never rode)
    Rockin Roller Coaster--obvious reasons. Roller Coaster. Fast. Upside Down. End of story. (never rode)
    Star Tours--see Body Wars (Rode twice. The second time I was older and decided to give it another go, and close my eyes if it bothered me. Even closing my eyes didn't stop the stomach from turning).

I don't think I left anything out but I'll edit if I think of any. Hope you guys reply with some of your lists!
    Selena
    Last edited by miakoda; 05-24-2005 at 08:29 PM.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    The only rides I won't ride are what I call "painful" ones. Primeval Whirl in AK's Dinoland hurt, so I doubt I'll be back on that one. Space Mountain hurt 3 people out of 4 in my group...so that is kinda iffy too. Beyond that, I'll ride or watch the show.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

No, hurting is not fun. And thanks for giving me a name for the spinny coaster! I'll edit my post.
    Selena

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I won't ride the boat in front of Norway.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Um...let's see:
    Hall of Presidents - too boring
    Star Tours - Totally hate all things Star Wars (really long story)
    Primeval Whirl - don't like mouse style coasters and OUCH

Oh and I won't do any of the waterparks.

All do all the others, though it takes some pushing to get me on TOT.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    MK:

Indy Speedway: It hurts my back and wrists
    Stich: Don't like hot dog breath
    Tom Sawyer Island: Can only get my wheelchair as far a the dock (Andrew does it with MJ tho)
    Treehouse: Can't climb the stairs (Andrew does it with MJ)

AK:
    Primeval Whirl and Dinosaur: They hurt
    It's Tough to Be a Bug: I'll do this one, but won't let MJ see it, her brain just can't process the images
    MGM:
    Sounds Dangerous: It's just.......well, bad
    Indiana Jones Stunt Show: I'll do this one, but won't let MJ see it again, her brain just can't process the violence
    Star Tours: Ouch

EPCOT:
    Mission:Space : Motion sick and claustorphobic, yuck
    Body Wars: Again with the motion sick thing
    Honey, I shrunk the audience: I'll do this one, but won't let MJ see it, her brain just can't process the images
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    I won't ride the boat in front of Norway.

You have to tell us why! I used to be scared as a kid but now I won't because it's too short/boring and not worth any kind of wait.
    Selena

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    I'm not sure I understand the logic in your ride selections, miakoda. Splash Mountain is TAME compared to Big Thunder. ????????
    I guess it all depends on what specifically one likes/does not like about certain physical feelings of rides. I don't mind a few high speed curves and short drops, but those big drops like on Splash leave my stomach at the top of the Mountain and I don't like that. There are no big drops on Thunder Mountain. Most of Splash Mtn. may be "tame" but that one drop is what makes me refuse to ride it.
    Selena

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    I won't ride it cause I can't...

it's going nowhere fast!

::: slaps knee :::

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    I won't ride it cause I can't...

it's going nowhere fast!

::: slaps knee :::

LOL! I thought you meant Maelstrom. Hehe. Well, that boat in the pic does have a nice semi-private "hidey hole" behind it, with a bench. Good place to rest and sneak a smoke b/c I couldn't find a nearby smoking area!

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    MK:
    New Tiki Room/Country Bears/Hall o' Pres - Boring, Boring, BORING (watched: Tiki Room: Twice CB: twice HoP: once)
    Snow White/Pooh/Peter Pan - Not worth a 2 or 2 1/2 hour wait (Rode each: twice)
    Swiss Family Treehouse/Tom Sawyer/Indy Speedway - No interest (Rode each: Never)
    Splash/Big Thunder/Space Mountains - Can't take drops (Rode each: never)
    Flying Carpets/Dumbo - I'd rather just do the astro orbiters (rode each: never)

Epcot:
    Most of it - No Interest
    American Adventure: Boring (watched: once)
    Mission Space: protien city (rode: once)

MGM:
    Rock n' Roller Coaster/Tower of Terror - can't take drops or going upside down (rode each never)
    Sounds Dangerous - I agree with Bonny, just bad (watched/listened: twice)

Animal Kingdom:
    Most of it - no interest in that specific park
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

Hey guys....what is "Sounds Dangerous?" Never heard of it....
    Selena

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    It's in Disney-MGM Studios, a film/sound effects thing with Drew Carey. A lot of it takes place in the dark. The theater is pretty run down, and it's just, well, dumb. I guess if you like Drew Carey, it's a little funny, but it has seen better days.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I don't think there is anything that I would refuse to do. Even though I can get terrible motion sickness in a car, the rides don't bother me. As long as I had the time, I'd give it a try.
    Except Body Wars. That one I'll sit out, if it ever opens again. Bumpy AND gross!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast