Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Celebrity Stories in the Vacation Planning forums; Have you seen/met anyone famous at the Disney parks?? Have you mistaken someone as someone famous? I don't know if this post has already been started or if I'm in ...
    DisneyGal04 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Celebrity Stories

• Have you seen/met anyone famous at the Disney parks??
    • Have you mistaken someone as someone famous?

I don't know if this post has already been started or if I'm in the right place to post it..
    I would like to hear everyone's stories about who they have seen or met

Jessica Lynn

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Celebrity Stories

oh i dunno but i ran into Regis Philbin while him and Kelly Ripa were filming the christmas day parade... he stood out like a sore thumb... what possessed him to walk with an entourage is beyond me...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I have a story to share!

It was Jan. 2009 and we were at Hollywood Studios, we got in line for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and you know that part of the line that becomes a ramp next to the wall? (sorry if that's confusing) well the line on the ramp part had just moved and we were still standing, well right in front of me was one of the singers from McFly (a band I LOVE from England) Tom Fletcher! I froze, I know it was him, no doubt in my mind it wasn't him. By the time I finally started to talk again we had moved and my mom said she would of said something to him BUT I was to star struck

She did, however, managed to take a picture of him... which isn't uploading :-\
    LOL anyways!

I seen him a second time like the next day at Animal Kingdom, he walked right by us and in my head I was turning around chasing him yelling "TOM!" but in reality I literally froze in my steps, then kept walking to where we were going... lol I didn't want to bother him

here is the link to the photo! http://www.flickr.com/photos/30436931@N03/5044641138/
    Last edited by DisneyGal04; 10-02-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: added a photo link

Jessica Lynn

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Does Lou count as a celebrity sighting??? What about John Tartaglia in the background?? (I didn't even realise I'd caught him in the photograph until I looked at my pictures a few days ago!)

Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Yeah! I don't see why not!

Jessica Lynn

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I was in the Adventurers Club in Jan. 1997, sitting in the lobby waiting for my friend to return from the restroom, when a guy with black hair and a leather jacket whizzed by me. He was talking to his two friends, and I recognized his voice instantly -- it was Johnny Ramone, my rock n roll hero since junior high.

I flagged a cast member and asked her if that was indeed Johnny Ramone who just entered a room next to where I was sitting. She said, "I'm not really supposed to do this, but let me check." She came back and confirmed it was him and asked me if I'd like to sit next to him. Sure!

My friend and I took a table next to him -- he was with his wife and Tommy Erdelyi, the Ramones' original drummer. Before I could work up the courage to talk to him, the African masks on the wall started talking and putting on a show. I guess Johnny thought this was uncool, and said 'Let's get outta here' and took off.

I still wonder what in the world Johnny Ramone was doing in Disney World at that time. It doesn't seem like his kind of place.

mainstreet1997 is offline A-Ticket holder

Probably about 2005. Im walking out of Animal Kingdom as we walk past the flamingo area I hear this voice say "Oh, they're so beautiful!" I say to my Dad "That sounds like...." Just as he says "Isn't that whats her name from that design show?"

I turn around and it IS Paige David from Trading Spaces! I was too shy to go up to her and ask for an autograph or anything but her husband Patrick gave me a smile.

About 6 months later, I read Paige's book and she talked about that day. Later I guess she got to get up on a ladder and actually stand next to a giraffe. Oh what I wouldn't give to be a celebrity and spend a day at AK!

FrankVC is offline A-Ticket holder

Walking past Club 33 in June 2010 a man holding a kid dropped his hat. I bent down and picked it up and started to hand it too him. He was really tall and it turned out to be Robin Lopez from the Phoenix Suns. His brother and another NBA player were there together with their children.

DSC00150 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

These are some great stories so far!

Jessica Lynn

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Disneyland 2008 we were waiting for Fantasmic! to start. We picked a spot that a CM had given us a tip on. It was right in the middle of the promenade behind speakers. You couldn't see past the speakers but shortly before the show started, the speakers would rise. The speakers are in the VIP seating area and in the VIP area for the night was John Stamos. I don't know if you know this or not, but John Stamos is a HUGE Disneyland fan. He actually owns the original "D" from the Disneyland marquee.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We met Santa on his summer vacation

bbabe is offline A-Ticket holder

My husband and I met Paris Hilton and Benji Madden in Adventurland at Walt Disney World, they were walking around on their own, Benji took a picture of James with her which made him very popular at work (our local fire station)

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

We met shaquille o'neal aka shaq at the magic kingdom couple of years back
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

tripletinx3 is offline C-Ticket Holder

On my last trip (December 2010), we saw that girl Stacey who does the "Top 7 Must-Sees" recording on the grass by the castle. We went in December about 4 years ago and Jessica Simpson was performing on the castle for the Christmas special. Lemme just say that she had about 12 retakes...she was brutal. Then, once again on our last trip my sister & I swore we saw Justin Bieber...
    Then we have the people that look a lot like famous people, so we just act like they actually are that celebrity, ie: Zac Brown
    I always get so angry though, because my favorite celebrities/wrestlers usually end up being there only a few days before or after my trip:/
    ie: Megan Fox, Taryn Terrell & Drew Galloway, Paul Lloyd Jr., Barbara Blank

♥feeling twitterpated♥

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

yeaaaa long island lol i always wanted to meet Stacey after seeing her non stop in the hotels
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music