Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Interesting thing happened on ToT in the Vacation Planning forums; So I went on ToT this weekend (for anyone counting, the girl who said she would never go on is up to 10 rides) Anywho...... On my 8th trip we ...
    MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle

Interesting thing happened on ToT

So I went on ToT this weekend (for anyone counting, the girl who said she would never go on is up to 10 rides)

Anywho......

On my 8th trip we got on, ride was going fine, then on one of the rising up areas we go caught between the two top openings. the gal I was riding with and I knew that this wasn't supposed to happen. All of the college girls we were on with start freaking out. Our car starts to move downward very slowly, more screaming ensues...I shout for quiet and explain that the rides safety mechanism has kicked in and that is the way it is supposed to work....anyway, we get to the bottom and they rerode us all. It was kind of cool tho to see how the safety works.

As an aside: I am gonna keep track of my rides to see how many times I can ride ToT this year!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    You go Bonny...tell those teens to shush....ahhh! a woman after my own heart...prob would have down same...I've never been a screaming female...is something wrong with me?,,,lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

LOL! Me either......so if something is wrong with you, it is wrong with me too!
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)

btw ....you stole my ears......just kidding.....lol ****screams ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!****

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    btw ....you stole my ears......just kidding.....lol ****screams ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!****
    I didn't steal them I copied a good idea...besides I have been using them on my Florida Families site for two months!

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Last time I was on the ToT we had taken a group of school kids down and I had two girsl ages 10 and 11 sitting next to me and when we had sit down they started in with I cant breath Im so scared . The CM aske dif they wanted to get off and iI shook my head no and they were saying yes yes. He smiled and said to late and shut the doors. When we got to the drop part and came back up we passed for what seemed like mins then the rest of the cycle came. When we got off he was there smiling and asked the girls if httey enjoyed the ride they screamed yes and we ended up going 3 more times before closing

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Along the screaming girls line...

Last week there was a generous, wonderful CM who put a group of girls (already fake screaming in the queue lines) through by almost completely by themselves in the elevator. After their elevator left, he assured us it would be worth the extra wait - and I quite heartily agreed! So, many, many thanks to that wonderful CM!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    LOL. I've never been a screaming female either. I've found screaming does absolutely nothing to change the situation and muddles your thinking processes.

I'm ususally muddled enuf without the screaming factor..lol

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    I've found screaming does absolutely nothing to change the situation and muddles your thinking processes.

funny!

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    meh... screaming is sooo overdone.... and it's hard to look nice for the picture while screaming.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust
    Screaming....the worst human ability E-VER!

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney