Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss I Haven't Been Here in a While............. in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey yall.I haven't been here to this site in a good while.It seems I just don't have the heart for it like I have in the past.I still love it,but ...
    Park Hopper Dad is offline Fastpass Holder

I Haven't Been Here in a While.............

Hey yall.I haven't been here to this site in a good while.It seems I just don't have the heart for it like I have in the past.I still love it,but I 've been kinda sad about it lately.You see,my wife and I,went to WDW in 1987,'90,'91,and'92.Then after our girls were born and were a little older,7&4,in 1998,we started going to WDW and we went there for ten years in a row,and one year,we got to go twice.Our last year there was in 2007.That was ten years for us.
    But in 2008,I lost my very good paying job,and that put a stop to us getting to go to WDW.It hurts.Especially when you grew up with Disney as I did and now wanting to keep a tradition alive by taking my family there each year.
    I used to come into this site quite a lot,pretty much everyday.But it was killing me,seeing what we were having to miss.You see,I made a lot of mistakes in my life when I was younger,and I did not get the education that would have assisted me in getting a really good job with retiring benefits.Poor decisions made.Nobody's fault but mine.
    So after all that,it just got to a point that I would rather not even come to this site and enjoy everyone else's fun,since I could not go and have it myself.So this post is not a whiner's post,it's not a "please feel sorry for me" post either.It 's a post,just to let all of you,my Disney brothers and sisters,that one of the family is hurting,and I need your support,until that glorious day comes when my family and I,can begin joining all of you again at our home away from home.We miss it terribly,and we do hope all of you that can still go,will have a great time while there.
    But I am going to start coming back into this site again,on an occasional basis,just to see how everyone is doing,maybe post a reply or two and check out some pics.I just ask all of you,to sorta keep me and my family in your prayers in hopes that we can begin going to WDW again pretty soon.People say,yall have been so many times,and I say yeah,that's true and we do have some great memories.But memories do nothing for the present time we live in.The past is past.So thanks to all,and I hope yall all understand where I'm coming from,but I hope none of yall ever have to experience this like we are having to do.
    Park Hopper Dad!

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: I Haven't Been Here in a While.............

Aww so sorry to hear that. I pray that you all can go back really soon! And may 2011 be a better year for you.
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

DisneyorBust is offline C-Ticket Holder

Post Re: I Haven't Been Here in a While.............

Just wanted to send some good wishes your way and hope that things will improve for you and your family.
    Off site January 2001
    Off site September 2002
    Polynesian December 2003
    Polynesian November 2004
    Polynesian December 2005
    Polynesian/Grand Floridian October 2006
    Poly December 2007
    CBR Sept 2008
    Poly 11/08 Anniversary trip
    Coronado Springs 3/09
    Poly 9/09
    Poly 2/10
    Poly 9/10

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I've seen the economy take a toll on a lot of people, especially in the business I'm in, so I hope things get better for you in 2011. But I don't think you should stay away from sites like this. Although it may sound like it, but many of us can't get to the World very often. Many go years between trips. And although visiting sites like this can make you yearn even more to go to the world, it can also be a place to relive what the magic is all about and keep that spirit alive. I understand where you're coming from but I do lots of things in between trips to keep me mentally involved with Disney. It's actually a good addiction. So I wouldn't stay away, I'd start coming here more. You never know what one little spark can do. (ok so that was corny)
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

PAdisneygirl is offline B-Ticket Holder

Best wishes Park Hopper Dad... I hope things improve for you soon.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Welcome back and prayers for a turnaround for you.

Thanks to all thus far for your kind and encouraging words.Yeah,I'm coming back in here now.I've missed it almost as much as I miss going to WDW.
    Hey Disney05,you are right.One little spark of inspiration...................
    Thanks yall,my Disney brothers and sisters.Brother feels a little better now.
    Park Hopper Dad!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I hope things get better for you I understand where you're coming from... I have a few university degrees and I can't find a job in my field, so I've been doing whatever jobs I can find since I graduated (house cleaner, nanny, starbucks...). My problem is that I've still been going on little trips, which are mostly tagging along with family and just a day at the parks (one trip cost me a grand total of $100) but since I don't have kids or a mortgage yet it's so hard to save money when there is Disney to visit! So ya, I can understand how "being around" people who are talking about all their vacations (especially at deluxe resorts!) can be painful and sometimes I need a bit of a break too because as much as I would just love to be happy for everyone all the time, sometimes when you're stressed and down about financial stuff and life in general, hearing about someones super fantastic amazing vacation that you just can't afford to go on is just like a dagger through the heart!

I really, really do hope that things turn around for you... and hey, when you finally get to go back to Disney, you're going to appreciate all the little things just that much more!

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

Park Hopper Dad, you are not alone. This is the first time in many months I have been on here as well. I too am in some financial restraints. No trips on the horizon for my family, either.
    I so desire a return trip soon. This is my daughters Senior year and she wants another WDW family vacation. I don't see it happening this spring. Our hope is to move to the Orlando area soon. My job may allow me a transfer to the area.
    I think we need to come back to this sight more often. It seems to help some and can contribute to some excited longing to return ASAP.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    I hope things get better for you I understand where you're coming from... I have a few university degrees and I can't find a job in my field, so I've been doing whatever jobs I can find since I graduated (house cleaner, nanny, starbucks...). My problem is that I've still been going on little trips, which are mostly tagging along with family and just a day at the parks (one trip cost me a grand total of $100) but since I don't have kids or a mortgage yet it's so hard to save money when there is Disney to visit! So ya, I can understand how "being around" people who are talking about all their vacations (especially at deluxe resorts!) can be painful and sometimes I need a bit of a break too because as much as I would just love to be happy for everyone all the time, sometimes when you're stressed and down about financial stuff and life in general, hearing about someones super fantastic amazing vacation that you just can't afford to go on is just like a dagger through the heart!

I really, really do hope that things turn around for you... and hey, when you finally get to go back to Disney, you're going to appreciate all the little things just that much more!
    Wow Zippitydoodah,
    You pretty much nailed it.Thanks for what you said. It is pretty much how I feel right now about the whole fiasco called,"losing your good paying job",due to idiots our here trying to "get rich quick" by overselling homes and putting a lot of people in bankruptcy,syndrome! Not to mention the GREED they all have in their hearts by raising prices on pretty much EVERYTHING disorder! LOL! HA HA HA! I'm pretty much just laughing at things these days to maintain my sanity.
    But anyway,I appreciate what you said,because I know as well how you feel,having degrees from college in hopes of having a better life for youself and family;but yet,even that is blown out the window due this JUNK that's going on in our country!I fully understand.
    Hopefully,we all can get back to our beloved WDW one day,and like you said,appreciate it so much more than it being a "run of the mill" trip as it was for us for ten years.It will get better.
    But I'm coming back in here some and I am going to enjoy my "E fix" of Disney here on this site. Thanks again.
    Park Hopper Dad!

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

It's good to see you here again!
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ImaMouser View Post
    Park Hopper Dad, you are not alone. This is the first time in many months I have been on here as well. I too am in some financial restraints. No trips on the horizon for my family, either.
    I so desire a return trip soon. This is my daughters Senior year and she wants another WDW family vacation. I don't see it happening this spring. Our hope is to move to the Orlando area soon. My job may allow me a transfer to the area.
    I think we need to come back to this sight more often. It seems to help some and can contribute to some excited longing to return ASAP.
    Thanks ImaMouser,
    you're absolutely right about coming back into this site.We,that are financially hurting right now,need the fellowship in here with our Disney bros and sis.We are all one big happy Disney family ya know.When one of us hurts,we all hurt.or at least we should be.HA HA.You know what I mean.However,I am happy for those that have not been affected by the economy and can continue their treks to WDW.I guess we have some really "well-off" bros and sis.Ha Ha! I was the bro that got the crumbs when they were giving out the piece of the pies,and I think just about all of my crumbs are gone.
    I'll see ya in here,ImaMouser and all the rest of ya's.
    "For those that get it,no explanation is needed,for those that don't,no explanation will do".
    Thankfully,I am one of the ones that get it.
    Park Hopper Dad!

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    It's good to see you here again!
    Hello MartianCrab.How have you been?I haven't been in here to the forum in quite a while,but you probably know that.I hope thing s are going good for you.It appears that there are more folks on this site that are sorta in the same boat that I am in;especially after reading what others have posted here in this thread that I started.I started it,just to let everyone know what's going on with me,and my concerns about not being able to go to WDW for 3 years now.
    Alas,it will get better.You do remember who my daddy is,right?I know you do MartianCrab because you told me sometime back that he was your daddy too.Daddy always helps his kids.
    Good to hear from you again MartianCrab.
    Park Hopper Dad!

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Yup, I know daddy. He'll take care of us.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln