Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Theme Parks Discuss SpectroMagic vs Electrical Parade in the Vacation Planning forums; I grew up with SpectroMagic but I gave MSEP a fair shake in September. The music just didn't do anything for me. After awhile I felt a little bit bored. ...
    WaltSentMe007 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: SpectroMagic vs Electrical Parade

I grew up with SpectroMagic but I gave MSEP a fair shake in September. The music just didn't do anything for me. After awhile I felt a little bit bored. It is visually stunning, I will give it that but it will always be Spectro for me.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by WaltSentMe007 View Post
    I grew up with SpectroMagic but I gave MSEP a fair shake in September. The music just didn't do anything for me. After awhile I felt a little bit bored. It is visually stunning, I will give it that but it will always be Spectro for me.
    I feel the same way...it will always be SpectroMagic for me

trying to get this thread off the ground again!
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Pigeon is offline Care of: "Mike Wazowski, you've got your life back" lane

I grew up with Spectro, but I think I would have to say that I like MSEP better...and this is coming from a lighting technician. Spectro is beautiful with all the fibreoptics they use...I love how everything seemlessly blends together and all the colours change. But there is something that is just so charming about the Electrical Parade. I like how the lines aren't as smooth as in Spectro, and the music is AWESOME.

Its kind of fun to do the impossible - W. Disney

Qmaz246 is offline B-Ticket Holder

I believe that Spectro is better then MSEP because of the float proformance. There are either more floats in Spectro, or MSEP moves faster.

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

I like Spectromagic more the MSEP. Even though i don't like to watch the parade because 1) its a primetime to hit rides and 2) i have been stop by in once or twice maybe even 3 times in a trip. But if i do get stoped i much rather get stopped by Spectromagic because i like the music to Spectromagic i just find MSEP's music really annoying. I think that they need to bring back Spectromagic!
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Like so many others, I grew up with MSEP. It, along with the water parade (which I always forget the name of) are those sort of iconic memories I have of nighttime at the Magic Kingdom. I still to this day can't help but smile when I hear the MSEP music.

That said, I have special memories of Spectro as well. The first time we took my now 5 year-old to WDW, we caught it in a perfect spot, like it had been waiting just for us, and watching his face (he was 10 months old) was just an incredible thing.

So... they are a tie for me! LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Cortini View Post
    I like Spectromagic more the MSEP. Even though i don't like to watch the parade because 1) its a primetime to hit rides and 2) i have been stop by in once or twice maybe even 3 times in a trip. But if i do get stoped i much rather get stopped by Spectromagic because i like the music to Spectromagic i just find MSEP's music really annoying. I think that they need to bring back Spectromagic!
    I was one and done with MSEP. It will always be Spectro for me; I really want to see it again soon. However, I do agree that it is a prime time to go on rides, so I would only need to see it once and then the next time it's all about the rides.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Like so many others, I grew up with MSEP. It, along with the water parade (which I always forget the name of) are those sort of iconic memories I have of nighttime at the Magic Kingdom. I still to this day can't help but smile when I hear the MSEP music.

That said, I have special memories of Spectro as well. The first time we took my now 5 year-old to WDW, we caught it in a perfect spot, like it had been waiting just for us, and watching his face (he was 10 months old) was just an incredible thing.

So... they are a tie for me! LOL
    In like 10 years when I have a kid I want him/her to see Spectro; it's the Magic Kingdom parade I grew up with and have seen so many times. I want to be like, this is what I saw in my youth, and you're getting to see the same great thing.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

DisneyorBust is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: SpectroMagic vs Electrical Parade

I have always enjoyed Spectro but I had never watched MSEP until last September. I had heard the MSEP music on a number of occasions and it really did nothing for me, so when DW and I had the chance to see MSEP we seized it and were completely underwhelmed. I know that I tried to enjoy it on it's own merits but I found that neither one of us enjoyed it, in fact we left before the parade ended.
    To each his/her own, but I am looking forward to the return of Spectro.
    Off site January 2001
    Off site September 2002
    Polynesian December 2003
    Polynesian November 2004
    Polynesian December 2005
    Polynesian/Grand Floridian October 2006
    Poly December 2007
    CBR Sept 2008
    Poly 11/08 Anniversary trip
    Coronado Springs 3/09
    Poly 9/09
    Poly 2/10
    Poly 9/10

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by N.J.boy@N.C.St. View Post
    In like 10 years when I have a kid I want him/her to see Spectro; it's the Magic Kingdom parade I grew up with and have seen so many times. I want to be like, this is what I saw in my youth, and you're getting to see the same great thing.
    Exactly why I love them both! The idea of my son getting to see MSEP is emotional because it was what I grew up with. But, like I said, the memory of his face at seeing Spectro the first time... such a tie. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12