Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Crowds at Marathon Weekend in the Vacation Planning forums; I am curious about the crowds at the parks during the Marathon weekend. I thought I saw something on another thread about this, but for the life of me I ...
    InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

Crowds at Marathon Weekend

I am curious about the crowds at the parks during the Marathon weekend. I thought I saw something on another thread about this, but for the life of me I can't find it again! I am a member of TouringPlans.com and they predict small crowds, but some people who have been during that weekend may know better.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Crowds at Marathon Weekend

The crowds will be huge. But don't worry. They'll all be running real real fast.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

and then they go back to their rooms to sleep...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

I wondered how many people actually go to the parks after running in the marathon. I don't think I'd be able to! Thanks!

Can't speak for Joe, but I do believe that was sarcasm x2.

But to answer your question, I'm not sure of the dates of the marathons, so I don't know the usual crowd levels. If it's at Disney World, I would imagine people would bring their families with them, which would include kids. So I could see it being fairly crowded around that time. Not as bad as say, tons of Star Wars geeks packing in for Star Wars weekends, but crowded none the less. Was there a reason you were picking that time of the year to go? I personally always try to plan around major events like that one.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    mike, your catching on to my sarcasm... but seriously you are right... many of the marathons bring throngs of more people out than usual... and it sure is to be a bit more crowded than usual... if you have to go that time try to plan to do the busy stuff while the marathon is going on (if your not doing it) if you are... good luck...!
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!

But to answer your question, I'm not sure of the dates of the marathons, so I don't know the usual crowd levels. If it's at Disney World, I would imagine people would bring their families with them, which would include kids. So I could see it being fairly crowded around that time. Not as bad as say, tons of Star Wars geeks packing in for Star Wars weekends, but crowded none the less. Was there a reason you were picking that time of the year to go? I personally always try to plan around major events like that one.
    My husband is going to be at a conference Thurs.-Sun. and I took off to go with him to Orlando, so I'll be doing the parks by myself-something I've never done before. Of course, I'm a teacher and it's difficult to go at times when it's not crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by InStitches View Post
    My husband is going to be at a conference Thurs.-Sun. and I took off to go with him to Orlando, so I'll be doing the parks by myself-something I've never done before. Of course, I'm a teacher and it's difficult to go at times when it's not crowded.
    My mom was a teacher, so taking off during the year was not a possiblity. However, my family would go down in late August/early September, when local Florida schools were back in session, before NY went back. The crowds were still large and it was still very hot, but it was better than going mid-summer.

This school year we are lucky because our spring break is at a different time than most, and we get out earlier for summer than others, so we have a couple of options of times to go when it's less crowded.

My mom was a teacher, so taking off during the year was not a possiblity. However, my family would go down in late August/early September, when local Florida schools were back in session, before NY went back. The crowds were still large and it was still very hot, but it was better than going mid-summer.
    see, as a teacher i did the same thing this summer... it actually worked out pretty well... we went Aug 18-25... wasnt too busy... and the prices went off peak only a few days before we got there...
    -Walt Disney

-Walt Disney

Saturday morning I worried about the crowds at Epcot when I got stopped in the long line of traffic waiting to get through the gates to the parking lot, but we moved quickly and as I sat there I watched the runners. I couldn't believe how many people were running. After getting into the park, I couldn't believe how few people were actually there. I walked right on Test Track, SE, and Soarin then got fastpasses for both TT and Soarin early.