Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss La Nouba experts in the Vacation Planning forums; I just saw La Nouba less than a month ago. Tonight we are watching the DVD. I can't remember the show I just saw! Can anyone tell me what acts ...
    mainegal is offline Fastpass Holder

La Nouba experts

I just saw La Nouba less than a month ago. Tonight we are watching the DVD.

I can't remember the show I just saw!
    Can anyone tell me what acts have been dropped and added between the DVD production and the current show, please. I am getting confused.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: La Nouba experts

Some of the acts have been shorten like the red ribbon like part. I also think they have token out a acted and add a juggler (I think.). The last time I saw it was in June so they may have changed it after I saw the show.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    Some of the acts have been shorten like the red ribbon like part. I also think they have token out a acted and add a juggler (I think.). The last time I saw it was in June so they may have changed it after I saw the show.
    The juggler replaced the chair balancing act.

BethBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

I have never seen La Nouba -- but have had many friends work in Cirque shows... So I am assuming it is the same across the board... The "story" pieces -- the staples of the show -- anything that propels the show forward are always there, things like the clowns, and choreographed dance numbers -- the "small" acts, things like said Jugglers and Chair Balancers are ever changing depending on the cast at the time you see the show.

guynwdm is offline D-Ticket Holder

They have acts that they can move in an out as people are on vacation and off with an injury or illness. The thing about the video is that is does not capture the full effect of things going on at the same time. There is so much going on and it is hard to see everything all at the same time. The video just might be spending more time on the things you did not see because you were focused on something else.

There was a guy who stacked chairs and climbed up and I think he is not in the show now.
    Rob
    DVC Member @ Saratoga Springs

kandjad is offline C-Ticket Holder

I would love to go see LaNouba! Why do the tickets have to be sooooo expensive???? They cost the same as a show on Broadway in NY! - and that probably answers my own question!!!
    It's FALL?!? Already?!?!
    Kate

guynwdm is offline D-Ticket Holder

Actually the pricing of the tickets in florida are comparable for those Cirque shows in Vegas. We had a touring group and they were at that pricing as well. I want to say I paid 186 for a seat with a partial obstructed view in Vegas about 5 years ago. If you look you can find discounts occasionally.
    Rob
    DVC Member @ Saratoga Springs

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

La Nouba is not a cheap night out, but it is really a top notch show. I think we've seen La Nouba four times over the last 8 years. We were just discussing that we were due to go again. We love to sit in various parts of the theatre because you get a different perspective. Closer is not my preference because it cuts your view and you find you either have to turn your head a lot or you are missing some of the show.

The gentleman who did the chair act retired. I don't recall his age, but it was well over 65. (He certainly didn't look that old.) I want to say 70, but I just don't recall for sure.

The Chinese girls (wouldn't you know I'd forget what their act is called) rotate out every so often. Growing up is the pits.

For a super evening, try attending La Nouba on New Year's Eve. I don't know if they do a little extra special celebrating each year, but they did two years ago when we were there. Fun!
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

kandjad is offline C-Ticket Holder

We may have to put it on the list this year.
    It's FALL?!? Already?!?!
    Kate

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

'La Nouba' is amazing - it's not cheap, but totally worth the ticket price. We're going to see another Cirque show on Saturday in London called 'Totem' - very much looking forward to that one too.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon