Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Does Marvel belong in Disney Parks?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Does Marvel belong in the parks? in the Vacation Planning forums; My thoughts exactly!!!...
    Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Does Marvel belong in the parks?

My thoughts exactly!!!
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Profitable acquisition for Disney...but they should stay out of the parks, there really isn't anything "Disney" about them...at most a stunt show, but even then, I just don't see how or where you can theme it anywhere except Hollywood Studios (and only loosely at best there)

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    If anywhere, at Hollywood Studios, perhaps as a stunt show. I mean, look how well they've been doing with the Spiderman play here in Manhattan. People are falling head over heels for it... and that's just the actors.
    Maybe that's why the Spiderman play has been delayed so much?!?! Safety is clearly an issue for that play.....but when I go home next time (Spring Break) I do want to see that...the hype surrounding it has been huge. Plus, I thought the 60 Minutes special on it was pretty cool
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    No. When I think of Disney, in no shape or form does Marvel pop into my head.
    Yep that what i think too
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

Metalis4ever is offline C-Ticket Holder

I came across this piece of satire and thought it was fitting to post it....I think this is pretty cool but then again I love Disney and Marvel

Here is the info for the pic so I am not accused of stealing it
    Artists:TT Campbell and John Waltrip
    T Campbell and John Waltrip Present...

My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDW College Program/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach

"Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it has the longest line... Woooooooo!!!" -Ric Flair

Yeah its cool and all but i dont think they belong together. Well if they were to put them in a ride the one ride where i think they would fit is in the great movie ride but not in a scene just in the end movie

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

No. I don't want to see them in Disney Parks... they just don't stand for the same things Disney does. I don't feel the depth and personality and "Disney-ness" in the characters. I guess they might be able to squeeze them in DHS... but then again, that's the "new" DHS that goes along with that big hat. hmm. Who knows! I hope not, but if they do come, let's hope its in a tasteful disney way!
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Much the same could have been said about Star Wars. Or even the Muppets. Sure it's a bit closer, but they were two separate competing entities until the merger. Want to see the Muppets? Go to Sesame Place, not Disney World. A Star Wars ride in MGM? Why would they do that? It'll never work. Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers in MGM. That park really became a testing ground to see what would stick. Even after Power Rangers stopped being "in", they were taking up space at MGM. Same thing with Di ck Tracy, though that was funded by Disney. If it's about Hollywood, then it belongs in that park anyway. So on second thought, if they could make Star Wars work there, super heroes might work, too. The have an entire section at the new Disney store in Times Square dedicated to Marvel. Haven't bothered walking through, but it's not my thing. But if they can sell Mickey dressed up as Darth Vader, why not as Wonder Woman or some other such nonsense? At worst, it'd make for a new mini parade and get that Block Party Bash the heck out of there.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I could live with the superhokies residing in MGM(DHL,DVD,DHS whatever they call it today)
    The Magic Kingdom, however, is hallowed ground as far as I'm concerned. I don't EVER want to see a hulk, or spiderman, or wombatman or whateverthehe// costumed clown is popular inside MK. Ideally Disney will kill off each and every "marvel" character and they will never be seen again. Barring that; stick them at the studios and isolate them for eternity.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

See yes they mad Star Wars and Muppets work but like you said they seem Disneyish to me but superheros come on the only real superhero done by disney is the Incredibles and they fit with every other story that Disney has made

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.

Oh, come on......

Howard the Duck was represented in that illustration, but no Punisher? You've got to be kidding me.....
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

I have to confess I would wait in line to see Captain America. Have the heroes at Hollywood Studios.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Re: Oh, come on......

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Howard the Duck was represented in that illustration, but no Punisher? You've got to be kidding me.....
    As if looking at that silly illustration wasn't punishment enough.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

What about Hulk Hogan and the Gravedigger? Anything that big and dumb should be included in that poster, too.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Why does Scrooge McDuck have dollar signs in his eyes from staring at Spiderman's butt?

Metalis4ever is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Howard the Duck is awesome, he acctually plays a role in the Marvel Zombies series....Punisher is the man!! I love everything about him but he is a VERY dark charater even darker than DR. Doom who makes an appereance in the poster. I am not sure which Disney character the Artist could have paried with him??? Hmmmm maybe Syndrome??

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    I have to confess I would wait in line to see Captain America. Have the heroes at Hollywood Studios.
    ME TOO!!!! I would "Mark Out" big time for Cap!!!! I acctually have waited in line to get a pic with Captain America at Universal!! I also got a pic with 3 of the X-Men Cyclops, Rougue and Storm!! I was geeking out big time...It would be awesome to be able to get those pics at Disney rather than having to go to Islands of Adventure.

As if looking at that silly illustration wasn't punishment enough.
    Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    What about Hulk Hogan and the Gravedigger? Anything that big and dumb should be included in that poster, too.
    Acctually Hulk Hogan was part of the "Stars and Motorcars Parade" at MGM in the mid 90's!! If I remember correctly he was driven in a Yellow and Red Dodge Viper

Why does Scrooge McDuck have dollar signs in his eyes from staring at Spiderman's butt?
    LOL good question, he may be playing the role of Mary Jane Watson
    My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDW College Program/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach

"Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it has the longest line... Woooooooo!!!" -Ric Flair

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast