Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Does Marvel belong in Disney Parks?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Does Marvel belong in the parks? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Metalis4ever ....Punisher is the man!! I love everything about him but he is a VERY dark charater even darker than DR. Doom who makes an appereance in ...
    Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.

Re: Does Marvel belong in the parks?

Quote Originally Posted by Metalis4ever View Post
    ....Punisher is the man!! I love everything about him but he is a VERY dark charater even darker than DR. Doom who makes an appereance in the poster. I am not sure which Disney character the Artist could have paried with him??? Hmmmm maybe Syndrome??
    Why pair him at all? I could imagine him represented somewhere off to the side, putting a Sharpie(tm) marker line through the names on a long list of Disney villains who won't be joining us for this poster.
    Last edited by Conceited Ape; 01-24-2011 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Too dark, even for me.
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

They do belong in the parks because, like it or not, they are now Disney. I agree, they belong in DHS if they are integrated into the parks. I'm very opinionated about what belongs in MK. I think it should be kept for original Disney type attractions and characters, with few exceptions. Pixar, Marvel and the like should be at DHS as much as possible.

The purchase of Marvel was done because most of the movies are profitable and there is a huge untapped market out there in young boys. Pirates will only go so far but Marvel has been around for decades and boys love superheroes. I love superheroes too and I'd wait in line to get an autograph with Captain America and maybe Daredevil.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder

Absolutely not. They have too much violence to be in a disney park. I mean look at the spiderman ride, half of new york is blown apart when they are done.....there is almost nothing magical about them....
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

Too much violence? Have you seen the Indiana Jones stunt show? It has Nazis in it. You are getting shot at in the Star Wars ride and Snow White is targeted for elimination in SWSA. Most fairy tales, of which Disney stories are made from, are violent in their orignal form. Comics are no different.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder

They might be able to fit some characters ( Ironman, X Men ) in Tomorrowland..
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

Metalis4ever is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Conceited Ape View Post
    Why pair him at all? I could imagine him represented somewhere off to the side, putting a Sharpie(tm) marker line through the names on a long list of Disney villains who won't be joining us for this poster.
    I agree that would be an amazing addition!!! I was a HUGE Punisher:War Journal fan back in the day....He is definitely one character that I hope Disney owning Marvel does not change....For that very reason I hope we never see The Punisher in the parks....I wouldn't mind the already kid oriented characters like Captain America, Iron Man and Spider Man but keep people like Punisher, Moon Knight, Dr Strange and Wolverine out of the parks....

I look at it as a reverse I don't want Disney to ruin the Marvel characters as opposed to Marvel Characters ruining my Disney experience....If that makes any sense???
    My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDW College Program/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach

"Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it has the longest line... Woooooooo!!!" -Ric Flair

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Metalis4ever View Post
    I look at it as a reverse I don't want Disney to ruin the Marvel characters as opposed to Marvel Characters ruining my Disney experience....If that makes any sense???
    I may not be the biggest Marvel (or action hero) fan, but I have to agree...the big fear is that Marvel will bring down Disney, but I know many people who like Marvel and are even more afraid of Disney ruining Marvel...I would hate to see either get tainted because both have quite some history behind them
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

thunderman04-07 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    Too much violence? Have you seen the Indiana Jones stunt show? It has Nazis in it. You are getting shot at in the Star Wars ride and Snow White is targeted for elimination in SWSA. Most fairy tales, of which Disney stories are made from, are violent in their orignal form. Comics are no different.
    And how often at WDW is an entire city blown to pieces by a villian? I dont remember where, in any of the parks, such destruction is present.
    Sept 2004- Polynesian March 2005- Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec 2005- Offsite (yeah wont be doing that again...) April 2006- Contemporary Nov 2006- Grand Floridian April 2007- All Star Movies Dec 2007- Coronado Springs July 2008- Pop Century Oct 2008- All Star Sports Jan 2009- All Star Sports
    Pretty good sure as your born!

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

As a comic book fan and Disney fan I wouldn't say they belong in all the parks with the exception of DHS, that seems to be the perfect fit. And in Iron Man 2 there was a Disney connection to it. The Stark Expo was a play on the 1964 World's Fair with music by Richard Sherman.

And to some of you don't be so quick to dismiss comics as kid's stuff. Some of the best stories out there are in comic. It's just another way of telling a story.
    WDW Radio Android App.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderman04-07 View Post
    And how often at WDW is an entire city blown to pieces by a villian? I dont remember where, in any of the parks, such destruction is present.
    Not sure on the whole city thing but Bambi's mom was killed by hunters, Cinderella's father died probably via poisoning by Lady Tremane and let's not forget the violence that would have befallen Snow White.

Comics are based on the premise of good v. evil and USUALLY good prevails.

kentgurgie is offline B-Ticket Holder

What a lot of people dont understand or know is how great some of these stories are. Stan Lee is behind most of the characters. There are great stories told in comics and they are a huge part of American history. I dont see a better fit then Disney and Marvel. No they dont belong in the Magic Kingdom, but DHS absolutely if they arent going to do anything with the Star Wars franchise they need to do something with Marvel. I mean just because Tron is a Disney property does that make it good, NO. When I was growing up I loved Disney, Muppets, Comics(Marvel mostly), and Star Wars. It really brings everything together. Now me and my sons watch Star Wars, read Marvel comics and go to the Marvel movies. We vacation there every year and it would be awesome to get to see those three things al intertwined. Thats just my opinion but change is inevitable and usually good. Ill take Fantasyland expansion over 20,000 leagues any day. Even if it did take 20 years.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

It's more than possible many of us don't see them as great stories because to us they aren't.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

kentgurgie is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    It's more than possible many of us don't see them as great stories because to us they aren't.
    The movies are just an overview of the characters set up for mass consumption. The stories are shortened therefore dumbed down for the public. I know this is a losing argument here, but I think more substance to the supporting theme parks the better. I know its not for every Disney fan, but thats the great thing about disney theres something for everybody.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Nothing personal, I've just never liked comics. Even as a child superheroes were never something I was interested in. I see the Marvel acquisition as another sign that the Disney company isn't as interested in creativity as they once were. Instead of trying to create something original, from the ground up, they simply purchased an established entity.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Apparently... allegedly... management at UO have already held a contingency meeting with Universal Creative over this very issue...
    I believe it had been determined that Universal gets to keep the Marvel themed rides and characters that they currently have BUT they are not allowed to add anymore. So characters/attractions from the upcoming Thor movie won't show up at UO but they could, probably won't, show up in WDW. At least a previous post back when this whole thing broke had a link to a report that said so. I'll have to go back and find it.

Like I've said, my feeling is Marvel characters only belong in DHS. I don't want to see Spiderman or Captain America in Spectromagic or see any Marvel Characters in Epcot.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast