Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Does Marvel belong in Disney Parks?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Does Marvel belong in the parks? in the Vacation Planning forums; Of course HM, Pirates and such are all going to be better than Spiderman, but (and I should have clarified this) in the last ten years has Disney come up ...
    DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Does Marvel belong in the parks?

Of course HM, Pirates and such are all going to be better than Spiderman, but (and I should have clarified this) in the last ten years has Disney come up with something that really wowed the guests? The aformentioned Everest stands out and maybe Rock N Roller Coaster but that seems like it's been open longer than ten years.
    WDW Radio Android App.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Agreed.

The ImagineeringDisney blog did a fantastic graphic a few months back charting the - subjective - success of WED/WDI's US-centric output from 1955 to 2010 and it matches what you said: quality and innovation has taken a right-turn since EPCOT was constructed. I believe Tower of Terror and Dinosaur, along with Everest, were among the few exceptions.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm really excited about the upcoming Thor.

Just kidding.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

"We're just now considering all of our different options, so it would be premature to say when or where in the parks you would see Marvel characters," Disney President and CEO Bob Iger told The Los Angeles Times. "But I think it's safe to say that you're going to see some of those great Marvel characters walking around in the future."

So whether we like it or not, the Marvel characters WILL be in the parks in the future. I have heard rumors they plan a land or area at Disneyland Paris for a Marvel section.

Also, it has been reported that Marvel and Universal severed ties on the West Coast, which could potentially allow Marvel's characters to appear in Disneyland without disrupting Universal's Islands of Adventure theme park in Florida. Heck! If DHS can tolerate Power Rangers, you can have any Marvel character in there for all I care. Can't be any worse! I agree with others that DHS is the only park in FL that is appropriate for the Marvel characters. One set of characters that came up on the rumor mill was the Fantastic Four for DHS and DCA.

In the end, this is all rumors and only time will tell . . .
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 06-28-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345