Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Does Marvel belong in Disney Parks?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Does Marvel belong in the parks? in the Vacation Planning forums; Now that Disney owns Marvel do you think they should bring it to the parks not just in merchandise but in rides? Personally i don't think they belong anywhere on ...
    Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Does Marvel belong in the parks?

Now that Disney owns Marvel do you think they should bring it to the parks not just in merchandise but in rides?
    Personally i don't think they belong anywhere on property. Disney is about superheros outside of the incredibles they don't really have very much super heros. When I think of Disney i think of pirates, princes and princesses, and Mickey and the gang.
    So what do you think?
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Does Marvel belong in the parks?

I hate superheroes. There's nothing interesting about them. I think they are as dumb as professional wrestling. Let universal keep them.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle

No, but I'm sure they'll squeeze them in somewhere just like they did with Power Rangers.

My thoughts exactly! And they fit nowhere in the parks!! Not even MGM or i guess Hollywood Studios!!
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

If anywhere, at Hollywood Studios, perhaps as a stunt show. I mean, look how well they've been doing with the Spiderman play here in Manhattan. People are falling head over heels for it... and that's just the actors.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Bad-a-boom-cccchhh

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

No, no, no.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I don't want them there.

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    Bad-a-boom-cccchhh
    Thanks. It's tough going through life without a rimshot following me around when needed.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Perhaps for starters, the Spiderman play can change it's name from "Turn Off The Dark" to a borrowed name from the Disney parks, "Summit Plummit".

Metalis4ever is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I hate superheroes. There's nothing interesting about them. I think they are as dumb as professional wrestling. Let universal keep them.

I'm not afraid to admit I LOVE Pro Wresting and Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse and all other comic books and Super Heroes....

There is a reason why Disney spent $4 Billion on Marvel because it represents an untapped market as well as great opportunities for growth within the 5-12 year old boy demographic as well as the 18-35 year old Male market....

So yes I believe that Marvel belongs in the Parks, specifically Hollywood Studios. For selfish reasons as well as from a business standpoint it makes sense, a company doesn't spend that much money to acquire something and not exploit every aspect of it for a return on investment. Like I said from a selfish standpoint I love Disney and I love Marvel so to have both in one place would be a complete geek out for me

Disney could even have a yearly event incorporating the Heroes within the World Showcase...Similar to Food and Wine Festival, they could create an event with the Super Heroes of the World for example Captain America/Spider Man/Iron Man in the American Pavilion, Thor in Norway, Wolverine in Canada, Captain Britain/Lionheart in UK, Peregrine in France, Storm in Morocco, Sunfire in Japan, Shang-Chi/Collective Man in China, can't think of a Hero from Mexico but those are just off the top of my head I am sure there are way more for each Country.....

Just my opinion

My WDW Trips:1998 -Offsite / Spring 1999 WDW College Program/ 1999-All Star Movies/ 2004-Pop Century/ 2005-Offsite/ Spring 2006-Offsite/ Fall 2006-Offsite/ 2007 -Port Orleans French Quarter/ 2008 - French Quarter/ May 2009- Pop Century/Caribbean Beach / Apr-May 2010 Royal Pacific/Caribbean Beach

"Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it has the longest line... Woooooooo!!!" -Ric Flair

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Apparently... allegedly... management at UO have already held a contingency meeting with Universal Creative over this very issue...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

well if for some reason the do come to the park (which i hope they never do!) i hope it is in something small like i don't know just a little out of the way area no one will ever find to do meet and greets.

gooftroop is offline C-Ticket Holder

I vote yes, but they only need to be a MGM (hollywood studios), I think it would bring in more crowds that don't like Disney.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

No. When I think of Disney, in no shape or form does Marvel pop into my head.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast