Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Have you ever been stuck on a ride? in the Vacation Planning forums; I think it stops a lot to load handicapped people....
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Have you ever been stuck on a ride?

I think it stops a lot to load handicapped people.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

...along with those who don't want to walk in the parks, persumably...

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

I'm a little rascal on my little rascal!
    Last edited by MartianCrab; 01-20-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    I think it stops a lot to load handicapped people.
    Yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    ...along with those who don't want to walk in the parks, persumably...
    That's kind of harsh. Now adays, having a wheelchair isn't really that much of an advantage (because the majority of rides are mainstreamed). So there are rides where you will wait a lot longer by having a wheelchair
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

I apologise if it may have been read as a slight on the disabled; I would never begrudge an attraction being stopped for a disabled guest. I don't think you could morally argue otherwise.

It was directed at another group of ECV user.

- Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    That's kind of harsh. Now adays, having a wheelchair isn't really that much of an advantage (because the majority of rides are mainstreamed). So there are rides where you will wait a lot longer by having a wheelchair
    I apologise if it may have been read as a slight on the disabled; I would never begrudge an attraction being stopped for a disabled guest. I don't think you could morally argue otherwise.

It was directed at another group of ECV user.
    He's right. There is a distinct difference between those in wheelchairs who truly need them, and those who ride the ECVs. See them all the time in the supermarkets and Walmart stores. Seems like a rather enabling device, to me.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    He's right. There is a distinct difference between those in wheelchairs who truly need them, and those who ride the ECVs. See them all the time in the supermarkets and Walmart stores. Seems like a rather enabling device, to me.
    Like this?

I'll say this -

My world-view in this respect changed the day I came off the Haunted Mansion, having been stopped every two minutes, and walked past the line of (as pictured) ECV users about to be taken into the Mansion. What did the woman at the end of that line have in the basket on the front of her ECV? Three large bags of Lays and a bottle of Coke.

- Walt Disney

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

What did the woman at the end of that line have in the basket on the front of her ECV? Three large bags of Lays and a bottle of Coke.
    As the Mythbusters would say "Well there's your problem"

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I think I might have lived through everyone's nightmare. I got stuck on "It's a Small World!!" And NO, the song did not stop. We finally got underway about 10 minutes later. BTW, I'm still in therapy from that. I also got stuck on The Land ride. We had to evacuate and walk through the rest of the greenhouse. That was not a bad experience though.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

I'll say this -

My world-view in this respect changed the day I came off the Haunted Mansion, having been stopped every two minutes, and walked past the line of (as pictured) ECV users about to be taken into the Mansion. What did the woman at the end of that line have in the basket on the front of her ECV? Three large bags of Lays and a bottle of Coke.
    Please don't get me started. While my dad was in the hospital, he was moved from one wing to another to another. He and another woman seemed to be traveling together, though he was admitted first. The woman in question was GROSSLY overweight. Not by a hundred pounds. She was to the point where she could not walk and was having great difficulty breathing on her own. Her family gathered by her bed every day and would bring in some of the worst food ever. Doritos by the bagful, just for her. Two subway sandwiches. It was disgusting what was happening here. And this isn't even at home after recovery. This was in the ICU. It amazes me what happens sometimes.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

But no, I've never been stuck on a ride.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Please don't get me started. While my dad was in the hospital, he was moved from one wing to another to another. He and another woman seemed to be traveling together, though he was admitted first. The woman in question was GROSSLY overweight. Not by a hundred pounds. She was to the point where she could not walk and was having great difficulty breathing on her own. Her family gathered by her bed every day and would bring in some of the worst food ever. Doritos by the bagful, just for her. Two subway sandwiches. It was disgusting what was happening here. And this isn't even at home after recovery. This was in the ICU. It amazes me what happens sometimes.
    you know for the last year i have done everything i could to eat healthy and get in better shape... and since then i have really watched everything that i put inside my body (yes i know it is such a pain) while doing that i tend to watch how others eat... not to criticize, more to see how easy it is to go nuts... and your absolutely right... when you watch the food someone buys at a theme park, ball game, etc... it is scary... you want to feel sorry for them because you know it cannot be good for their health as well as mental well being... but then its also hard because its still their choice whether they like it or not... its unfortunate...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

Okay sure someone ate a lot of junk food.... but when you can't lift your arm over your head and you can't move your legs.... that's when you stop eating the junk food... and how does not one person in the family say... hey guys maybe instead of a cake, let's bring a salad or some fruit.... the person won't like the food... but the person will eat the food... simple as that

Paging Mr. Power. Mr. Will Power...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast