Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Have you ever been stuck on a ride? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey guys has anyone ever been stuck on a ride before? My last trip (june 2009) i got stuck on a number of rides for the first time. I actually ...
    bater8slater is offline Annual Passholder

Have you ever been stuck on a ride?

Hey guys has anyone ever been stuck on a ride before? My last trip (june 2009) i got stuck on a number of rides for the first time.
    I actually got stuck on Test Tracks 3 times... first halfway through the part when you're driving up the mountain and you're doing the sharp turns... second right before your crash through the wall and go outside (that messed up the speed when we were suppose to go fast)... last we stopped right before you go back inside.

Stuck on Mission Space once.. we were ready to start the mission, but something happened and we had to wait like 10 minutes...

Spaceship Earth 2 times (i think the flashes from cameras did it)

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Shooting Game (too many times to count)

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad once... on top of the mountain before you go down...

Pirates once (i didn't really get stuck, but there were a build up of boats at the end and i spent 5 minutes looking at Johnny Deep sitting on gold

Rock n roller Coaster once... we were waiting to take off, but something happened and we had to wait 5 minutes...

Expedtion Everest twice... stuck going up, stuck when you start going backwards

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Re: Have you ever been stuck on a ride?

I've been stuck on Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise. I've been evacuated from 20,000 Leagues and Dinosaur.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I got stuck in a giftshop at Downtown Disney.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    I've been stuck on Pirates, Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise. I've been evacuated from 20,000 Leagues and Dinosaur.
    you were evacuated? what happened and how did they evacuate everyone?

Dinosaur or 20K?

- Walt Disney

both

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by 20K View Post
    How did they evacuate you from 20,000 leagues beneath the sea's surface? Did they have pressure suits for everyone? How did you deal with that giant squid when you were no longer protected by the confines of the Nautilus?

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I got stuck in the graveyard scene of the Mansion once. Seemed like 10 minutes are so. It was great because I could take in some of the details I usually miss when I fly by stuff.

Paul Frees did an emergency soundtrack for the ride . . . he comes on as the ghost host to tell you what's going on and what to do. I wish I remembered the script, it was clever.

No idea what happened on Dinosaur. We broke down before the Carnotaurus on the left. The sound FX kept playing but the dino was rock-solid and so was the vehicle. We sat there in the darkness for a few minutes (felt like a lifetime; scary scary scary!) and then the worklights came on. We were there for maybe five or ten minutes and then the employees came along with a trolley-like ladder. Got to walk the rest of the track which was great fun.

Same for 20K in the "dunno what happened" scheme of things, but as it was in the caverns I would guess the sub ahead in the pack had jumped the trough in the Abyss. Not a difficult thing to do. The helmsman popped the rear hatch and we walked a short section of the catwalks in the showbuilding and headed outside through the jungle. I loved (and still love) that ride, but I wouldn't want to spend any longer in that building than I did. Quite dark, very humid. Very much in the "backstage" tradition.
    Last edited by 20K; 01-19-2011 at 03:07 PM.

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fink View Post
    How did they evacuate you from 20,000 leagues beneath the sea's surface? Did they have pressure suits for everyone? How did you deal with that giant squid when you were no longer protected by the confines of the Nautilus?
    Have a gold star for that post, sir!

The crew got rid of the squid with the repellent charge before hand, naturally.

Speaking of the Mansion, one thing I noticed on my last trip which I found a little odd was the repeated use of the P/A system to inform guests, typically by a very screechy CM. It breaks the theme and begs the question - why bother to continue using the original break-down spiels?
    Last edited by 20K; 01-19-2011 at 03:01 PM.

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fink View Post
    It was great because I could take in some of the details I usually miss when I fly by stuff.
    That's a great point, like test tracks i could see all the details they have around the place.. and big thunder mountain was cool because the ride goes so fast and expedtion everest had a great view... but on mission space there was just cold air hitting my face... haha

that does seem like something that would be really cool to have happen during the dinosaur ride... did they give you guys fast passes so you could go on again

Yeah, but I just kept mine as a souvenir rather than use it. I was done for the day anyway. It was a specific "re-admission" ticket though, rather than a fastpass.

- Walt Disney

thats cool.... i probably would have kept it too

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I've been stuck on rides lots of times (the majority of the time it's for wheelchairs). However, once I got to evacuate from EE
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast