Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Can't decide which tour to do. in the Vacation Planning forums; Has anyone taken a segway tour? Either the Simply Segway tour or the Around the world one? I want to take one but a) i don't know which one and ...
    Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Can't decide which tour to do.

Has anyone taken a segway tour? Either the Simply Segway tour or the Around the world one? I want to take one but a) i don't know which one and b) if the $100 is worth it on the Around the world at Epcot one. And on the simply segway tour if its worth the $35 for what you can do. Or i have been wanting to do the Seas Aqua Tour because I think it would be fun but is it worth is because it seems a little pricey. Or the Inspiration through walt's eyes because i am really intersected with the history of the parks. Or the keys to the kingdom or backstage magic? now that i am old enough i want to do some backstage tour. So any ideas on which one is best for what you pay?
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Re: Can't decide which tour to do.

I did the 2-hour segway tour at Epcot (the one that goes around the World Showcase), and it was a lot of fun! I would definitely do it again at some point
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Ok thanks it have narrowed it down to either that one or the unDiscovered future world one. But i will more then likely do the unDiscovered future world because of $$$
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

I think that tour looks good. The only one I have ever done was Keys to the Kingdom.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I've always wanted to do the Segway Epcot tour. Love Epcot and those Segways look like fun. I did the little free ride at Innoventions once and liked it.

shelbell77 is offline Deck 7 Cool Kid!

Simply Segway is basically just learning to do the Segway for an hour. We did around the world and after training you a take your Segway with the group into the world showcase for about an hour so a total of two. Having done Segway tours at Disney and outside I'd say you definitely be disappointed with only doing simply Segway. I just saw on all ears that there is now a nature inspired segway tour at epcot so we are planning that for our 2012 trip!
    -----------------------------------------------

Shelley
    Are you 23??? I am!!

feedthebirds is offline A-Ticket holder

My husband and I did both Keys to the Kingdom and the Backstage Magic Tour. We had tried to do through Walt's Eyes and that got cancelled. Our favorite was definitely Keys to the Kingdom. We had an amazing guide who had extensive knowlege of the park and was really entertaining. It was like having Lou show you through the park. It was also focused on the one park vs. overviews of all the parks, which I though made it more interactive and informative.

InStitches is offline Fastpass Holder
    Georgia, but wishing I were on the "Loveliest Village on the Plains!"

I'm thinking about the Keys to the Kingdom tour. My husband and I may be doing this as part of our anniversary trip this summer. I'm glad to hear that you guys who have done it liked it.

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

My partner has done the Segway Tour and has said it was worth every penny because he found out lots about the buildings at Epcot. However the training was a bit dicey as it included having to take the segway up an incline!

You didnt say when you were going... Im going to do KTK and Undiscovered Future World in April and will feed back about them afterwards :-)

I am going next week!!! but I think I am not going to do one so I can have more money to spend on pins, vinylmation, Dooney & Brouke, and the like but if I get there and I want to do a tour I will see if I can get into unDiscovered Future World why I am there. If I do go on the tour I will post a review.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

We have done both Keys to the Kingdom and back Stage magic. If you are looking for a shorters tour stick with kleys tot he Kingdom You still see some backstage stuff, (utilidors, an operations center) Backstage Magic is a great tour but ti is all day long and can be kind of tiring.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.