Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Fantasmic and wait Times in the Vacation Planning forums; My family and I will be at WDW March 12 - 19 and will be catching the Fantasmic Show on the 13th. We are doing the dinner package at Hollywood ...
    jmulkey is offline A-Ticket holder

Fantasmic and wait Times

My family and I will be at WDW March 12 - 19 and will be catching the Fantasmic Show on the 13th. We are doing the dinner package at Hollywood & Vine restaurant and our reservations are at 4:30 (wow) and the show does not start until 8:00.

How early will I need to get to the Fantasmic area? Will we have time to ride an attraction after supper and before Fantasmic. It just seems like a long time to wait.

Jackie

WDW - MAY 1978
    ALL STAR MOVIES - MARCH - 2011

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Fantasmic and wait Times

I know for a fact that lines start piling up for Fantasmic! very early...however,f you are doing the dinner package you have your own area to enter and sit...I posted the link below for you to check out if you haven't done so already

Fantasmic! Meal Packages | Dining & Restaurants | Walt Disney World Resort
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

They seem to normally start letting people into the first fantasmic show about 6. We usually go to Beauty and the Beast at 5.15 and then they start letting people in from 6 but it does fill up really quickly!

tduncan1538 is offline A-Ticket holder

The article listed above states you should arrive at the designated meeting point 30-45 minutes prior to showtime. This experience is MUCH better than waiting in the standard line. All references to lining up early has to do with the general line. It does start filling up 2 hours before show and you should be there at least 1 hr to 1 1/2 hours before show to get a middle seat (front to back).

The dinner package has it's own designated seating. Though it's in the far right side (facing the performance) it is well worth the stress free entrance and exit. Oh,... about the exit. You exit out the same way you came in which puts you right at the front entrance. Night and Day experience from exiting with the masses.
    Tony Duncan

Recent Trips:
    March 2008 - Hilton Timeshare
    August 2008 - Hilton Timeshare
    September 2008 - AKL - Expedition Everest 5K
    April 2009 - Hilton Timeshare
    July 2009 - POR
    September 2009 - BeachClub - Expedition Everest 5K/ Everest Adventurer's Weekend
    April 2010 - Hilton Timeshare
    July 2010 - Hilton Timeshare
    April 2011 - Hilton Timeshare
    April 2012 - DISNEY DREAM!!!!

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Yes, it fills up quickly. The worst part for me are the benches, not too comfortable after sitting for a while. Great show non the less.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I go at off-peak times of the year and never have an issue. Granted, I only do Fantasmic every two or three years (not something I need to see every time I go). But to me, I don't care if I sit in the center or off to the side. Actually, the only thing I DO prefer is that I sit closer to the top. There are several entrance/exits to the theater, but for some reason they only use the main one at the top of the amphetheater. The bottleneck trying to get the heck out of there when the show is over is enough to put me off seeing the show regularly. You'd think that, after all this time, Disney would have found a way to clear out Fantasmic in a better way. Tons of Imagineers and architects, and still only one exits. Nice going, Disney.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

tduncan1538 is offline A-Ticket holder

The exit described above is another reason the dinner package is so desirable. My experience is during the busiest times of year (Christmas and Easter) so it's more important to take advantage of these benefits. But being able to exit out of the show through a side entrance/exit is fantastic. And assuming you're looking to leave the park after the show then the fact that the exit literally puts you right at the exit to the park is even nicer. A quick, clean exit to the park.
    Tony Duncan

Recent Trips:
    March 2008 - Hilton Timeshare
    August 2008 - Hilton Timeshare
    September 2008 - AKL - Expedition Everest 5K
    April 2009 - Hilton Timeshare
    July 2009 - POR
    September 2009 - BeachClub - Expedition Everest 5K/ Everest Adventurer's Weekend
    April 2010 - Hilton Timeshare
    July 2010 - Hilton Timeshare
    April 2011 - Hilton Timeshare
    April 2012 - DISNEY DREAM!!!!