Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Which park needs work next? in the Vacation Planning forums; With the Magic Kingdom getting the Fantasyland work, what park is in need of a new attraction or some refurbs next the most? What would you like to see? I'm ...
    clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Which park needs work next?

With the Magic Kingdom getting the Fantasyland work, what park is in need of a new attraction or some refurbs next the most? What would you like to see?

I'm going to go with EPCOT. Other than the SSE update several years ago and the return of Captain EO, not much has changed there in a while- at least nothing major like at FL. I'd like to see:

-new film for Universe of Energy, keep the ride the same but update the film! The exterior already looks really nice, got a much-needed update recently.

-painting of the exterior of Imagination! back to blue & white colors (lose the Kodak colors, so tacky!) and construct a new ImageWorks. A refurb of the JII ride here and there would be nice also. Also, replace Captain EO with something new in that theater.

I don't think painting Imagination is that crazy of an idea. They painted UOE back to its original colors (the red/yellow/orange) recently and ditched those rainbow colors, so why not do the same for Imag. when it's due a paint job?
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Which park needs work next?

Epcot by far. Future World is just getting icky. Imagination, Wonders of Life and Energy need so much attention. Disney should hang their heads that the best the Imagineers can do with the Imagination Pavilion is what is currently operating there.

The monuments need to take their leave....disgraceful, ugly money grab. I'm sure it was intended to generate the dollars that the paver blocks for the walk-way did without the labor to install.

World Showcase is in good physical shape but certainly could use a new attraction or two. Dust off some of the ideas of the old imagineers. Germany already has the space set aside within. Improvements seem to have been limited to dining and drinking.

Both ends of Epcot need to focus on some improvements for family. With competing parks updating their facilities Disney is falling behind.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Here here to the EPCOT refurbs.

Refurb Imagination Pavilion, Do something real with Wonders of Life, they can always open the Millenium Pavilion for food and wine fest. Choose something to replace the temporary fix of CPT EO.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

I agree about Future World. It's in desperate need of work. World Showcase is alright. I can't believe they keep letting this stuff run. It needs help way more than MK did. EPCOT has slipped so since the early 90s it's pathetic.

Journey Into Imagination needs to be redone (the current ride has been going for 10 years nearly)....I would do a refurb that makes it resemble the original more closely. Keep Figment. I'm not even talking about track changes or anything. Put IW back upstairs and make it more easily accessible if that is the true reason it closed (which I doubt). It just needs new attractions/props/whatever that are 2010s and not 1983 and an overall cosmetic update. Bring back some of the popular things like the rainbow tunnel, pin tables. All the upstairs really needs is some updates and it could be put back in to business easily, I would think. It's already designed, wired, etc. for this purpose and hasn't been messed with.

If I were them, I would shorten the films at Universe of Energy while updating them. I like Ellen, but the whole film is outdated. I think the pavilion is still very viable in concept and the dinosaur part is fine and doesn't need change. Just re-do the films, shorten, and don't Hollywood it so much.

WoL is a whole other animal. I agree it needs attention desperately. It would almost have to be all new attractions though....I think the two I mentioned above should be attended to first so they don't go the way of WOL. They need to work on what is already operating.
    Last edited by clj2; 03-09-2011 at 03:38 AM.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

mickeymatt is offline B-Ticket Holder

I agree with EPCOT. Namely future world.

1) JII I like the new and old ride I'll defer to everyone else's judgement on that but I think they are wasting space by keeping the upstairs closed. They could do some really cool interactive technology up there (i.e. Disneyquest) and the view is just plain beautiful.

2) I may ruffle some feathers here but UoE needs to go. It has always been a time killer. I loved the dinosaur part when I was a kid but that is it. But Dinosaur in AK is a whole lot better place to see dinosaurs. I guess what I would like to see them do is build a weather pavilion.

3) Tear down wonders of life and rebuild Horizons. (Won't happen but one can dream!)

I think all this has been discussed to death. I willing to bet that Disney is already planning updates to EPCOT as we speak and wouldn't be surprised if there are some announcements at the upcoming Destination D meeting!

Oh, and don't forget about the new updates to WS with the new La Cantina de San Angel, La Hacienda de San Angel, and Via Napoli. "Hey EPCOT we are good on the food now put in more attractions"!

20K is offline Brought to you by Dock Thrust

Agreed with Epcot.

After that, I think it would be time to look at "finishing" Animal Kingdom, but I don't think there is any immediate rush for that.

"I really hope that people won't cherry-pick my quotes in the future
    and use them out of context to justify things that I would never sign-off on."

- Walt Disney

I don't mind the current JII ride...actually, I like it, but it still isn't the original. It's the 1999-2001 one that was a disgrace.

EPCOT's 30th anniversary will be next year - they did SSE around the 25th anniversary, so it seems reasonable to me to reburb another attraction around the 30th. What would fit better and needs one more than Imagination? Bring back Dreamfinder as host with Figment in an updated ride for the anniversary. I'm stumped when it comes to what to do in the theater in there. Captain EO could go for all I care.

I agree about bringing back Horizons - heck, if we can dream... tear down Mission: SPACE....it would probably attract more people than M:S!

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I also agree with EPCOT. Although it's one of my favorite parks, it does need updating. I was disappointed with Disney when they brought back Capt EO, and I agree with changing the UoE movie. There's a TON of things they could do with EPCOT! BTW Gabe, I love the signature!! A whole list of people come to mind there!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

SkittleE275 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by clj2 View Post
    I agree about bringing back Horizons - heck, if we can dream... tear down Mission: SPACE....it would probably attract more people than M:S!
    Excuse me?! No tearing down Mission: Space! While Horizons was great (according to everyone who ever rode on it) Mission: Space is also great! I'm all for tearing down an old, outdated attraction and rebuilding it there, but not on M:S!

Yeah, EPCOT needs to be updated. Either that or MGM-or, if you insist on me calling it so, Hollywood Studios. The two main rides are RRC and ToT, and I absolutely refuse to EVER go on RRC again. ToT still pending. While Star Tours is great, I just can't think of any other rides in MGM that really draw me in. It has to be my least favorite park.
    Destroying the joy in life since 1998
    Certified Grammar Nazi
    Believer in George!

Animal Kingdom: 2003
    Animal Kingdom: 2006
    Saratoga Springs: 2008