Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss CM recognition in the Vacation Planning forums; I remember seeing in a another thread the suggestion of printing out card to give to CMs when they go the extra mile. The Better Half and I are going ...
    Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

CM recognition

I remember seeing in a another thread the suggestion of printing out card to give to CMs when they go the extra mile. The Better Half and I are going the first week of May and want to try this. We have been very lucky that on almost every trip soem CM always seems to add tot he magic. Any ideas out there on what to put ont he cards? We're thinking a business card size.

Thanx!
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: CM recognition

When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Mike Fink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I like those!
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Can I add to this....

If you are going to go to the trouble of recognizing nice CM's pay it forward...stop by Guest Relations, Hotel or Restaurant manager, etc., which ever is applicable and give them a response comment card.

While it is nice for the CM to know they are appreciated for a job well done, it means even more when their boss knows how you feel.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

That's very true HauntedGabe. Our very last night at the World one year, a CM totally helped us out. I wasn't able to do anything there but I did email Disney a soon as I got home praising the CM. I think things like that actually go into their permanent file.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

In your backpack, keep a little notebook and pen so you can write down the CM name, place, and date. It makes it much easier to write a letter to Guest Communications once back home.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Guest Relations at the front of the park, or email Disney Communications when you get home. Both will be very appreciatve of the time to comment.
    It's always good to hear that you did a good job or helped someone out.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!

We spoke to a concierge upon check-in when we stayed at ASM in July of '07 for our oldest DD's Sweet 16. She went WAAAAAYYY out of her way to make her special day off-the-charts cool!!! Although I know most times this isn't possible, we made sure her manager knew how we appreciated it before we ever left for home.

And, although I'm not a park CM, I can tell you just how much it means to me when a Store guest tells my manager how much I made their visit/day/etc....!
    I just LOVE to have someone come in a little gruff (though, of course, I wish they were not havin' a bit of a rough day in the first place ) and be able to send them off with a "Have a Magical day!" and as smile on their face...that makes my day, as well...!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Thanks to all of you who, not only, appreciate us in your hearts, but also make it known to the company that is so dear to our CM hearts, as well!

Wink Re: CM recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    We spoke to a concierge upon check-in when we stayed at ASM in July of '07 for our oldest DD's Sweet 16. She went WAAAAAYYY out of her way to make her special day off-the-charts cool!!! Although I know most times this isn't possible, we made sure her manager knew how we appreciated it before we ever left for home.

And, although I'm not a park CM, I can tell you just how much it means to me when a Store guest tells my manager how much I made their visit/day/etc....!
    I just LOVE to have someone come in a little gruff (though, of course, I wish they were not havin' a bit of a rough day in the first place ) and be able to send them off with a "Have a Magical day!" and as smile on their face...that makes my day, as well...!
    That's why I love going to the Disney Store when I can, because you always feel "at home" while you are there, just soaking in the Disney "atmosphere". I love it. On a recent visit, I think we spent an hour in there, just looking at stuff, watching the videos, talking to the CMs! It was great!! You do leave with a magical feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    That's why I love going to the Disney Store when I can, because you always feel "at home" while you are there, just soaking in the Disney "atmosphere". I love it. On a recent visit, I think we spent an hour in there, just looking at stuff, watching the videos, talking to the CMs! It was great!! You do leave with a magical feeling!
    Yep! It's as close as most of us can get to a Disney park in our everyday lives without actually bein' there! I love nothin' more than to make the Guests happy! Not only 'cause that is what Walt, rightfully so, insisted upon, but because it's so darn fun to do! We have Guests in our store for more than an hour many, many times a week! A Magical feelin' is what it's ALL about...!

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Thanx for the ideas and the links. No doubt about it almost always soem CM really makes the effort and they deserve an attaboy for it.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizisit View Post
    Yep! It's as close as most of us can get to a Disney park in our everyday lives without actually bein' there! I love nothin' more than to make the Guests happy! Not only 'cause that is what Walt, rightfully so, insisted upon, but because it's so darn fun to do! We have Guests in our store for more than an hour many, many times a week! A Magical feelin' is what it's ALL about...!
    too bad you're in texas and im in illinois, or else i would come visit you every day at your store!! i wish the disney store by me was closer or else i would try to get a job there! if i had a car of my own right now i would, but since i have to share with my moms van right now...i cant! although...i may think about the downtown chicago store, thats not tooo far