Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss More news on New Fantasyland in the Vacation Planning forums; Disney took the link down! Wonder if it was an ooops that it was posted. At least Orlando Attractions Magazine archived some... official Walt Disney World website. but these details ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: More news on New Fantasyland

Disney took the link down! Wonder if it was an ooops that it was posted.

At least Orlando Attractions Magazine archived some...

official Walt Disney World website.
    but these details are new:
    Casey Jr. Roundhouse
    Adjacent to the Fantasyland Train Station is the Casey Jr. Roundhouse, a circus-themed immersive water play area that’s fun for the little ones. They’ll splish and splash as Casey Jr. billows off cool steam and water squirts from playful monkeys, elephants and camels.
    Scuttle’s Scavenger Hunt
    While approaching Ariel’s Grotto to meet The Little Mermaid, join Scuttle for this fun, interactive game! Search the seaside entrance way to find the seagull’s treasures from the Human World, like a dinglehopper or a bulbous snarfblatt. Scuttle will be on hand to help with the hunt.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

eeyore1974 is offline B-Ticket Holder

This is the first time I've had a look at the map. Incredible expansion going on. Forgive me if this is an old/stupid question - but are Mickey and Minnie's Houses going to be completely gone now? (looks like Pixie Hollow is taking over that property, or my geography of that area is a little bit off) I really hope i'm wrong! I mean, this WDW after all and it was "all started by a mouse".

April 2001 - All Star Movies
    September 2002 - All Star Music
    May 2004 - Pop Century
    October 2006 - All Star Movies
    October 2008 - Pop Century (1 night solo tour)
    June 2010 - Pop Century

Hope to be taking a Cruise on Disney Magic in 2012...fingers crossed.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I'm really looking forward to this. A "refurb" of this size and magnitude is something that has been long overdue. At first when the rumors started I was worried that it was going to take something classic and make it modern but every time I read a new update and see a new picture or plan, I am more and more happy with just how "classic" this entire thing feels. So psyched!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

maceeight is offline A-Ticket holder

Has there been any clarification on when the new Fantasy land will open and if in stages when for each? We are planning a trip for 2012 (ideally int he spring) and I'd hate to just miss new areas. If delaying the trip a few months makes sense we can so I'd like to plan accordingly.

Thanks

From Walt Disney World Today:
    Walt Disney Imagineering is currently building Maurice’s workshop, which will serve as scene one of the experience. The workshop, which is modeled after a French cottage, will be surrounded by a wishing well, footbridges and lush landscaping. Once inside, guests will step through a magic mirror and find themselves inside Beast’s expansive library, which he created as a gift for Belle in the film. This room will serve as the setting for a memorable character interaction experience with Belle – which will require a little help from Lumiere, the enchanted candlestick.
    Another “Beauty and the Beast” experience planned for this area is the Be Our Guest Restaurant, which will allow up to 550 guests to dine in the ballroom, gallery and “West Wing” area of Beast’s castle.
    These and other Fantasyland enhancements will open in phases starting in late 2012.

Disney Offers A Closer Look at “Enchanted Tales with Belle” | WDW News Today

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

From Walt Disney World Today:
    Walt Disney Imagineering is currently building Maurice’s workshop, which will serve as scene one of the experience. The workshop, which is modeled after a French cottage, will be surrounded by a wishing well, footbridges and lush landscaping. Once inside, guests will step through a magic mirror and find themselves inside Beast’s expansive library, which he created as a gift for Belle in the film. This room will serve as the setting for a memorable character interaction experience with Belle – which will require a little help from Lumiere, the enchanted candlestick.
    Another “Beauty and the Beast” experience planned for this area is the Be Our Guest Restaurant, which will allow up to 550 guests to dine in the ballroom, gallery and “West Wing” area of Beast’s castle.
    These and other Fantasyland enhancements will open in phases starting in late 2012.

Disney Offers A Closer Look at “Enchanted Tales with Belle” | WDW News Today

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

(I'm just a little excited...)
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

So pumped for this
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

and dribbles keep dripp'n out...
    This time from WDW News Today....
    Disney Provides a Detailed Look at the Storybook Circus!

Posted on June 14, 2011

From Jennifer Fickley-Baker on the Disney Parks Blog:
    I know it’s going to be a great week on the Disney Parks Blog when I get to start by posting a new Fantasyland update. Today I’m happy to share new details on the Storybook Circus area that’s planned as part of the new Fantasyland expansion at Magic Kingdom Park.
    With all the updates we’ve done on the “royal” side of the Fantasyland expansion – Beast’s Castle, Maurice’s Cottage and Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – the plans for Storybook Circus seemed to be a bit more mysterious. Until now.
    Storybook Circus will be based on our animated film, “Dumbo.” Here, Casey Jr., the famous locomotive from the movie, has rolled into town and brought the grand Storybook Circus with him. The area will be filled with colorful circus tents and nods to the famous film. For example, guests – especially little ones – are welcome to cool down with Casey Jr., who can be found near the train station, getting splashed by playful circus animals.
    Just past Casey Jr., guests will encounter big-top circus tents that lead to a “double” version of Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Also, in the tradition of classic air shows, Barnstormer will take on a new look and theme, becoming a spiraling stunt plane built by The Great Goofini.
    What do you think? Will you be there when the circus comes to town?
    UPDATE - Some quick observations about the concept art that we posted on Twitter:
    -The large tent is Big Top Souvenirs, we’re not sure what the red Hall of Fame tent in the background is being kept for, maybe Pete’s Silly Sideshow?
    -The new yellow tent in the back may be a counter service location, meet and greets, or even something else at this point…
    -The Fantasyland Train Station is part of the Casey Jr. Roundhouse building, GREAT THEME!
    -A new structure is visible out in the middle of the Barnstormer area, looks like a themed tower of some sort…
    -With Timothy not on top of either Dumbo ride, we expect him to show up in audio-animatronics form somewhere in the interactive queue area
    -Dumbo will finally have the water feature that is featured at the Disneyland and Disneyland Paris versions of the attraction!
    Overall, it looks great! What do you think of the Storybook Circus?

Zach Larson of WDW News Today just posted today some more pictures from WDW. Many of these are from Fantasyland expansion. Way cool.

Zach Larson’s 6/20/11 WDW Photo Report | WDW News Today

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Man, every little bit of info that comes out of this sounds FANTASTIC --- and that art for the Storybook Circus has me really excited for that part, which previously I wasn't as interested in as I was in the Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid bits.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

I'm interested to hear what comes out at the D23 expo... There probably won't be too much more info about new fantasyland... But I wonder what new things spring up...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

From what I've seen out of D23 so far, everything seems to get leaked prior.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    and dribbles keep dripp'n out...
    This time from WDW News Today....
    Disney Provides a Detailed Look at the Storybook Circus!

Posted on June 14, 2011

From Jennifer Fickley-Baker on the Disney Parks Blog:
    I know it’s going to be a great week on the Disney Parks Blog when I get to start by posting a new Fantasyland update.
    UPDATE - Some quick observations about the concept art that we posted on Twitter:
    -The large tent is Big Top Souvenirs, we’re not sure what the red Hall of Fame tent in the background is being kept for, maybe Pete’s Silly Sideshow?
    The large tent is what? Yep, now THAT'S the Disney we know and love.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    [/INDENT]The large tent is what? Yep, now THAT'S the Disney we know and love.
    I'm trying to place this in relation to the spot in TTF. Isn't that basically the same tent then that they turned into the souvenier spot already back there? There was a meet and greet too but it probably took up what 10% of the tent and the rest was like a mini World of Disney store.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

It is probably the old County Fair tent, though if they remove the meet and greet area they can add more merchandise
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast