Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss More news on New Fantasyland in the Vacation Planning forums; so excited for all of this! hopefully a lot will be open next fall 2012!...
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Re: More news on New Fantasyland

so excited for all of this! hopefully a lot will be open next fall 2012!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Somehow I am so not surprised that a giant souvenir shop has found itself in Storybook Circus...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

dizwizkid is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

Compare Walt Disney World Fantasyland plans and rendering - OrlandoSentinel.com

So is the Pixie area where the new roller coaster will go now?

No the roller coaster is the barnstormer just with a retheaming to "The Great Goofini."
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

2003- All Star Movies
    2005- All Star Music
    2006- All Star Music
    2007- All Star Music
    2008- Pop Century
    2009- All Star Music

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Fantasyland news - PHOTOS - One Man's Dream exhibit displays some new Fantasyland artwork

Great pics here of/from the new Exhibit at One Man's Dream... but... I have a comment...

Am I the only one who thinks the amount of rock that makes up the landscape of the new Fantasyland is a little much? It just seems, every time I see the pictures of how it's going or the models etc. you see here, that there is a LOT of freakin rock!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    Somehow I am so not surprised that a giant souvenir shop has found itself in Storybook Circus...
    Or at least wasn't removed. So much space that silly tent took up in Toontown. Glad to see they were able to keep it in tact and build around it.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

So I was looking at some pictures on WDWNewsToday.com and I had to take a double-take at one of the tents. Now that tent is old and in the harsh Florida Sun...But follow the roof ruffle down the strip, that is one sun faded tent!

Can Tents be painted, if they can I wonder how? I'd hope that tent gets a spruce before she opens again.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I never really noticed whether or not it was an actual "tent". Then again, I seldom ventured to Toontown, with pretty much nothing worth visiting back there unless I felt a burning need to see Mickey, for some reason. Otherwise, I'd just catch him at another park and ignore the old waste of space. I'm shocked they would use an actual tent. Is anyone going to fault them if they used a fake tent? Of course not.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Yep they are tents. It originally made sense. Mickey's Birthdayland was to be just that, the year plus of Mickey's Birthday. Tent, good enough.
    Then the land stayed, evolved and remained.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Attractions magazine has some excellent, from the sky photo's. Different perspective than the ones we've been seeing from Dumbo or Pinocchio's:

Note: If you click on the photo's they enlarge.

Work in Progress: An aerial view of Fantasyland construction at the Magic Kingdom – Fall 2011 - Orlando Attractions Magazine

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Wow, I didn't realize they were moving Dumbo that far back into the park! I wonder if this is another crowd reducing technique...?

And I am sure this has been covered, but what is supposed to be in Gaston's Tavern again?
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

I'm glad they're at least "locating" it somewhere. Dumbo always seemed so plopped-down, to me.

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

i never realized they were tents eighter wow I feel stupid after being in toontown alot with my little cousins
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

...What is going in Pixie Hollow again?? Originally, I had heard a lot of Tinker Bell and princess stuff, but I haven't heard a single thing since the original announcement about that.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize they were moving Dumbo that far back into the park! I wonder if this is another crowd reducing technique...?

And I am sure this has been covered, but what is supposed to be in Gaston's Tavern again?
    Dumbo is getting a second ride ("Dueling Dumbos") to increase capacity, and is also getting a nextgen queue similar to what they tested a couple times at RNRC - a different type of virtual queuing system different from Fastpass where you are given a ticket with a "lot number", but remain in the area, just not in a line. I believe a play area will be available for the kids as well, like for Winnie The Pooh.

Last I knew, the plan for the Be Our Guest/Gaston's Tavern location was a "hybrid dining" location - counter service at lunch, table service for dinner. Gaston's Tavern is an additional counter service attached outside that will serve at both times. I don't recall any details of it being mentioned at D23 Expo though...

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    ...What is going in Pixie Hollow again?? Originally, I had heard a lot of Tinker Bell and princess stuff, but I haven't heard a single thing since the original announcement about that.
    Pixie Hollow is not in the plans any more, nor are most of the princess M&G areas. I believe Belle and Ariel will still have M&Gs at the respective locations. The large central area is now going to be the Seven Dwarves Mine Coaster. The Dumbos will be further south on the plan, and the remainder of "Storybook Circus" is going where the Dumbos are shown on that old plan, which was the old Toontown Fair.
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i think tink and friends are staying in adventureland.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast