Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss More news on New Fantasyland in the Vacation Planning forums; OK, I must admit, I never anticipated this attraction under a tarp....
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: More news on New Fantasyland

OK, I must admit, I never anticipated this attraction under a tarp.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    OK, I must admit, I never anticipated this attraction under a tarp.

Ah! Glad I am not seeing this in person.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Great. With all of the scaffolding and boards up everywhere, it'll look just like Manhattan. I will be there in two weeks and it's going to be like I never left NY.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I'm trying to encourage everyone who asks me for help planning a trip (i.e. friends and coworkers) to not go until later next year when this is all done. The magic is still there but I know we won't plan to go again until it's done!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Two of my wife's brothers will be joining us this year, making their first visit to WDW. Fortunately, they're both older, so they shouldn't mind. But it still won't be the same as if things were open and uncovered.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Curious how Fantasyland will look with the massive amount of rock formations. How that will come together. Brookfield Zoo outside of Chicago did this in a similar manner 4 decades ago. Not a big fan. Wonder how the paint will hold under the Florida Sun too, Thunder certainly fades fast.

I'm really more excited to visually "take in" the whole land completed than for any of the restaurants, shops or attractions.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Curious how Fantasyland will look with the massive amount of rock formations. How that will come together. Brookfield Zoo outside of Chicago did this in a similar manner 4 decades ago. Not a big fan. Wonder how the paint will hold under the Florida Sun too, Thunder certainly fades fast.
    I've been thinking the same as the rocks have gotten bigger and bigger. There's a LOT of rock work back there. I'm thinking though that once the building is done and the foliage elements added, it might not be so "HOLY ROCK WALL". That's still my biggest "complaint" though because it's viewable from Tomorrowland and I'm curious how it'll all fit together.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Disney announced this in 2009 and leaked even before that. Now with the coaster 2014 with cranes. Wish they would just step it up already.

Seems like they built all of Animal Kingdom quicker, definitely MGM.
    Wonder how it will be with Iger splitting his time with Apple now.

There have been some visible changes in Fantasyland expansion.

Magic Kingdom Update – New Fantasyland and more! (Part 1)

Posted on December 20, 2011 by John Frost
    13tweetsretweet

I love my walks through the Magic Kingdom. This last Sunday was extra nice. The winter holiday crowds were out in force, but that only makes people watching better. The weather was just on the chilly side of perfect, which suits me fine this time of year. And a lot of changes have transpired since last time we updated from the park. So many, that this is a two part update.
    Let’s, as they say, get on with the show:

The Haunted Mansion merchandise cart is gone and walls are up. This is likely the start of the new landscaping and path to Fantasyland that will be built as part of the new restrooms at the old Skyway location.

Over at the old Skyway location, hard to tell if more work has been done. Doesn’t look like it. But it is the last Christmas these particular decorations will be hung. I wouldn’t mind having them for my home.

The full tarp is up around Prince Charming’s Regal Carrousel. Gives riders a new experience inside.

Click for larger. The first section of the new Fantasyland castle wall is coming along nicely.

Here’s a little more detail. You can also see how heavily wooded the area is shaping up to be.

I’m hoping there will be some more rockwork or something to hide the showbuilding that is plainly obvious from anywhere between Peter Pan and the carrousel.

Click for larger. This is a happy sight. The top is on the new Dumbo spinner. Also, more work has been done on the Great Goofini load and unload station.

Click to embiggen. Some fancy scaffolding work is helping shape up the Circus Tent theme for the Dumbo interactive queue area.

Here’s a closer look at the Goofini track and a little bit of structure at the top of the main lift.

Work is also going on behind the storage barn for the Great Goofini. Not sure what’s going in here

The two original temporary tents have been expanded with more infrastructure. Not sure if this is related to hurricane rating for permanent buildings, but they laid some serious foundations, so I would think so. The new tents will appear much bigger than the old Toon Town Fair ones.

Work continues on the Storybook Circus train station. I have a feeling this will be my favorite building of the new land.

Look at the great detail here. I love it.

Scaffolding has gone back up around Prince Eric’s castle for more detail work.

And the rock work that was added a few weeks ago has been sprayed with cement (or whatever they use). We’ll keep an eye on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Ah! Glad I am not seeing this in person.
    Just saw it in person. Then again, way too much of WDW was tarped off. At least they do paint the tarps to somewhat resemble what has been blocked off.

There have been some visible changes in Fantasyland expansion.

Magic Kingdom Update – New Fantasyland and more! (Part 1)

Over at the old Skyway location, hard to tell if more work has been done. Doesn’t look like it. But it is the last Christmas these particular decorations will be hung. I wouldn’t mind having them for my home.

I’m hoping there will be some more rockwork or something to hide the showbuilding that is plainly obvious from anywhere between Peter Pan and the carrousel.

The two original temporary tents have been expanded with more infrastructure. Not sure if this is related to hurricane rating for permanent buildings, but they laid some serious foundations, so I would think so. The new tents will appear much bigger than the old Toon Town Fair ones.

And the rock work that was added a few weeks ago has been sprayed with cement (or whatever they use). We’ll keep an eye on this.
    PICTURE 1: During Christmas time in the old Skyway area, they used to do a meet and greet with the Seven Dwarves. A few years prior, it was with all of the royal couples. This year, they changed it up again and it was with the entire human Cinderella cast: Cinderella, the Prince, the Step Mother, and two Step Sisters. Nice family portrait.

PICTURE 2: Let me preface this by saying that I do NOT read park blogs. I don't get emails or texts or any other updates, nor do I religiously follow the Disney website. And by not religiously, I mean I don't read it at all. So if this has already been stated somewhere, forgive me. But after my trip this past week, I can say that the mountain is getting tall. TOO tall. Way too tall. So the only thing I can anticipate is Disney stating that they have "expanded our mountain range to include Beast Mountain," or whatever the heck they're going to call it.

PICTURE 3: While on line for Dumbo during the Christmas party, I saw work being done at the top of the tent structure. I tried getting some shots, but they came out blurry and didn't capture the image too well. But if it did, you would have been able to see welding sparks near the peak.

PICTURE 4: I don't know all of what's going to be in there. But it seems to be a tad overkill for "themeing' for a Dumbo ride, a roller coaster, the old 20K ride, and a restaurant or two. I realize Disney wanted to catch up to Universal with their fully immersive HP land thingie, but wow... headache.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    At least they do paint the tarps to somewhat resemble what has been blocked off.
    Am I dreaming, or did you just say something vaguely positive?

Disney announced this in 2009 and leaked even before that. Now with the coaster 2014 with cranes. Wish they would just step it up already.

Seems like they built all of Animal Kingdom quicker, definitely MGM.
    Wonder how it will be with Iger splitting his time with Apple now.
    Awww, c'mon... you're not excited for a roller coaster three full years from now?

disneygirl198 is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by disneymaniac87 View Post
    This sounds awesome. I am excited to see the progress in December and hopefully to experience it in June of 2012!
    By April of 2012, will anything be open and done?
    i love disney world
    once get i get into the disney property
    something inside of me changes
    the whole world changes
    i get away from all stress
    work
    and sadness
    because i have entered a different world
    a good world
    a fun world
    the happiest world
    disney world

Quote Originally Posted by StewbotTalborg View Post
    Am I dreaming, or did you just say something vaguely positive?
    When Disney does something right, I'll say they do. But when they don't, I sure as helI am going to call them out on it.

During my trip last year, I saw this tarp up as they were preparing Town Hall for Mickey. It is still one of my favorites, and I guess the first one I've ever really noticed. This one was very well-done:

Otherwise, here's the one around the carrousel from my trip last week:

And here are three from Frontierland:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast