Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss More news on New Fantasyland in the Vacation Planning forums; Just read some more about the new walkway they are putting in where the old skyway used to be... the plans are intersting to say the least. I am very ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Re: More news on New Fantasyland

Just read some more about the new walkway they are putting in where the old skyway used to be... the plans are intersting to say the least. I am very curious about the whole new "interactive" queue for Pan. With the waits it usually has, adding some fun to it like SM and HM have now would be a lovely change!

Fantasyland news - PHOTOS - Latest look at the new Liberty Square to Fantasyland walkway
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

This is instructions to CM's (posted by WDWNT):
    As we continue preparing New Fantasyland for its debut at Magic Kingdom Park, it will be necessary to expand construction walls throughout the area. We will be using a number of tactics to help ease Guest flow through Fantasyland during this time, such as temporarily removing merchandise or food and beverage carts from the land. To ensure our Guests have the best experience possible, we will be encouraging them to visit Fantasyland in the morning hours when they can usually enjoy the shortest waits of the day. We also suggest that families with strollers leave them parked in one of the designated Fantasyland stroller locations while exploring the land.

And this is what the Guests are seeing:
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Just read some more about the new walkway they are putting in where the old skyway used to be... the plans are intersting to say the least. I am very curious about the whole new "interactive" queue for Pan. With the waits it usually has, adding some fun to it like SM and HM have now would be a lovely change!

Fantasyland news - PHOTOS - Latest look at the new Liberty Square to Fantasyland walkway
    Saw the walls outside the Haunted Mansion earlier this month. Didn't even give any thought to what was going on behind them, for some reason.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

From what I could find, this is the current timeline on the completion of the Fantasyland expansion project:

Complete - Hundred Acre Wood facade for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Early 2012 - Half of Storybook Circus with double Dumbo (First Dumbo), The Barnstormer (Great Goofini-themed coaster), Fantasyland Train Station, Casey Jr. (Water Play Area)

Late 2012 - Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid ride, Be Our Guest restaurant, Beauty and the Beast village, Belle meet-and-greet, Castle wall

Early 2013 - Remaining half of Storybook Circus (Second Dumbo) with Pete’s Silly Sideshow

Late 2013 - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train roller coaster

Hopefully, this will help some of y'all when planning future trips to WDW's Magic Kingdom.
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 01-02-2012 at 12:43 AM.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

I've read so many conflicting reports...the latest D23 update says that the first phase will be in Summer 2012, and will be Under the Sea, etc. They don't mention Storybook Circus. Unless they no longer consider it part of the FLE, per se, but just a retheming. I've also heard nothing would be ready until Fall 2012, but there has been a lot of posts lately saying Storybook Circus will be ready as early as February.

And I'm not sure how Dueling Dumbos will be ready...I haven't heard any reports of the second unit being constructed yet, nor any prep to move the original...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

I hope Storybook Circus is a few steps above the lame Casey, Jr. ride out in Disneyland and at DLP. Not sure what they have in mind for the ride, but hopefully they know what NOT to do with it.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I hope Storybook Circus is a few steps above the lame Casey, Jr. ride out in Disneyland and at DLP. Not sure what they have in mind for the ride, but hopefully they know what NOT to do with it.
    Casey Jr.'s Roundhouse is a water play area. Not sure why having one at MK is a good idea...now parents need to think ahead on how to dress the kids for that, and potentially have soggy wet, skin-irritated kids in the park the rest of the day...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass+ - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator - Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Quote Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
    I've read so many conflicting reports...the latest D23 update says that the first phase will be in Summer 2012, and will be Under the Sea, etc. They don't mention Storybook Circus. Unless they no longer consider it part of the FLE, per se, but just a retheming. I've also heard nothing would be ready until Fall 2012, but there has been a lot of posts lately saying Storybook Circus will be ready as early as February.

And I'm not sure how Dueling Dumbos will be ready...I haven't heard any reports of the second unit being constructed yet, nor any prep to move the original...
    From WDW News Today:

For those wondering, there will be no Dumbo the Flying Elephant attraction at the Magic Kingdom from January 9th through February 17th, 2012. It is expected that the new Dumbo carousel will open on February 18th as work continues on remodeling the moved, older Dumbo attraction.

(Link HERE)

This is the first time I have read that the current Dumbo is closing on January 9th. I thought this would be bigger news. If anyone is at The Magic Kingdom on or after January 9th, please report back if the current Dumbo is open. (Thanks!)

Also, from reading the linked article, I learned that the new Dumbo section will spin counter-clockwise. Then, they will put the old Dumbo in place and spin clockwise. It really will be a "circus" in Storybook Circus.
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

The Dumbo closure has been on the rehab schedule I believe for over a month or so now. It never seemed to clarify to move the original one and re-open it or close the old one and rehab it, opening the new one.

It will be nice for the little kids, not something I'm can say I'm excited for.
    I'm just holding out hope there is something "new" in Fantasyland that I'm going to bond with, that is a lot of Rock out there. I've never really bonded with the Princesses so.... Now the Dwarf's maybe.

If I don't bond with anything, it will still pull a lot of Guests to Fantasyland away from some of my favorite attractions.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

If you didn't like it before Jenn, you are not going to like the transitions to Tomorrowland.

Storybook Circus construction as seen from the TTA

Adam Roth, WDWNT photo's

While there last month, I did two things I haven't done in legitimately over ten to fifteen years. One was ride Dumbo (hey, the line was short so I waited the few minutes to get on). The other was ride the Tomorrowland Speedway. Riding reminded me why I've stayed off it for fifteen years... it is simply god-awful. Anyway, I was surprised to see just how close everything was to the ride. Now's the time to change the entrance area to Fantasyland, give it a Cars overlay, and get it the heck out of Tomorrowland, where it never belonged in the first place. There is nothing "futuristic" about go-carts running on lawnmower motors going 5 miles an hour past the most dreadful landscaping and scenery possible.

While there last month, I did two things I haven't done in legitimately over ten to fifteen years. One was ride Dumbo (hey, the line was short so I waited the few minutes to get on). The other was ride the Tomorrowland Speedway. Riding reminded me why I've stayed off it for fifteen years... it is simply god-awful. Anyway, I was surprised to see just how close everything was to the ride. Now's the time to change the entrance area to Fantasyland, give it a Cars overlay, and get it the heck out of Tomorrowland, where it never belonged in the first place. There is nothing "futuristic" about go-carts running on lawnmower motors going 5 miles an hour past the most dreadful landscaping and scenery possible.
    After much "begging" (on our children's part), during our past trips, my husband would take our two oldest on the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. Our youngest didn't want to ride. So, I gladly hung back with the youngest. Shhhh! Don't tell my hubby, but I had no desire to ride it either.

Well, this past trip the youngest wanted to ride too. So, there went my "excuse" on not wanting to ride. This was an EMH Evening until 3 am. So, the line was almost non-existent. I rode with our daughter (age 9). My husband rode with our youngest son (age 6) and our oldest son (age 11) rode by himself. When I saw the BIG smile on my daughters face as she was driving the car, I was so glad I finally joined in on the fun. We were in front of my husband and youngest son and I looked back and saw his big smile too. THIS is why we come to Walt Disney World time and time again. I can see where this attraction is NOT for everyone, especially if you don't have children. But, it DID make my kiddos smile and entertained them as it has many others over the years. Have you ever been to Disneyland Park? The line there for the Autopia is HUGE no matter what time of day you visit. This attraction has a BIG following within the Disney Parks community. There would be an outrage if they ever got rid of it. Maybe, a little "tweaking" would be nice, but I don't see them completely getting rid of it.

With all that said, when my husband and I visit WDW on our next trip without the kids, we WON'T be riding it. It's on our list of "family attractions".

(Off topic: My husband and I met Bob Gurr, creator of Autopia & Tomorrowland Indy Speedway's original ride vehicle concepts. He also designed the monorail, Haunted Mansion Doom Buggy, Matterhorn Bobsled, etc ... He is the NICEST man you will ever meet!!! )
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

That's awesome, Jen! I've spoken to Gurr on the phone but never in person. He was an absolute gem to speak to.

Yes, I've ridden Autopia and it is far better than the watered down verson in Florida. Great roads, hills, tunnels, etc. They put some work into it. In Florida, they laid down some track and moved on. "What, we were supposed to DECORATE it, TOO?? Oops..."

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    After much "begging" (on our children's part), during our past trips, my husband would take our two oldest on the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. Our youngest didn't want to ride. So, I gladly hung back with the youngest. Shhhh! Don't tell my hubby, but I had no desire to ride it either.

Well, this past trip the youngest wanted to ride too. So, there went my "excuse" on not wanting to ride. This was an EMH Evening until 3 am. So, the line was almost non-existent. I rode with our daughter (age 9). My husband rode with our youngest son (age 6) and our oldest son (age 11) rode by himself. When I saw the BIG smile on my daughters face as she was driving the car, I was so glad I finally joined in on the fun. We were in front of my husband and youngest son and I looked back and saw his big smile too. THIS is why we come to Walt Disney World time and time again. I can see where this attraction is NOT for everyone, especially if you don't have children. But, it DID make my kiddos smile and entertained them as it has many others over the years. Have you ever been to Disneyland Park? The line there for the Autopia is HUGE no matter what time of day you visit. This attraction has a BIG following within the Disney Parks community. There would be an outrage if they ever got rid of it. Maybe, a little "tweaking" would be nice, but I don't see them completely getting rid of it.

With all that said, when my husband and I visit WDW on our next trip without the kids, we WON'T be riding it. It's on our list of "family attractions".

(Off topic: My husband and I met Bob Gurr, creator of Autopia & Tomorrowland Indy Speedway's original ride vehicle concepts. He also designed the monorail, Haunted Mansion Doom Buggy, Matterhorn Bobsled, etc ... He is the NICEST man you will ever meet!!! )
    I so agree! The things DH and I do vs what we did when our kids were small are so different. The smiles on my kids faces when they were able to "drive" were priceless. I am surprised there isn't a camera to take pictures to purchase. Now I have no desire to really ride, or have someone plow in the back of me, but I'm glad that it is there for other kids to enjoy.

That's awesome, Jen! I've spoken to Gurr on the phone but never in person. He was an absolute gem to speak to.

Yes, I've ridden Autopia and it is far better than the watered down verson in Florida. Great roads, hills, tunnels, etc. They put some work into it. In Florida, they laid down some track and moved on. "What, we were supposed to DECORATE it, TOO?? Oops..."
    Me being a bit older, remember the track in its original state. It has been shortend multimple times now, unfortunate. There is so much they could do with this track even if it remained Indy style. Cars is risky. Right now it would work, 5 years from now, with the last Cars 2 not doing so well, who knows.

It would be so easy though to lop into Fantasyland if they re-imagineered it though.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    IMe being a bit older, remember the track in its original state. It has been shortend multimple times now, unfortunate. There is so much they could do with this track even if it remained Indy style. Cars is risky. Right now it would work, 5 years from now, with the last Cars 2 not doing so well, who knows.

It would be so easy though to lop into Fantasyland if they re-imagineered it though.
    I was thinking the same thing about Cars, as well. Then I figure, it's not like they're going to rip out the entire CarsLand that they built in California in five years, so why not one simple ride back east?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast