Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss More news on New Fantasyland in the Vacation Planning forums; I saw these pictures, though a few weeks old still...Holy Walls! Josh Siegel’s 1/12/12 Magic Kingdom Photo Report | WDW News Today...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: More news on New Fantasyland

I saw these pictures, though a few weeks old still...Holy Walls!

Josh Siegel’s 1/12/12 Magic Kingdom Photo Report | WDW News Today
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Yep Gabe... the transition thing is going to drive me nuts... of that I am 100% sure. Since the day they started the construction on the rocks I had concerns (and posted a thread about it in fact) and now they grow as Storybook Circus moves forward.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Indeed, Holy Walls and Holy Rocks Batman!

And here is a little more from MousePlanet today:

…A new park map indicates that the Storybook Circus area of New Fantasyland is expected to open in late February. Attractions currently scheduled to become available are Dumbo the Flying Elephant, The Great Goofini, Fantasyland Station, and Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

Great update, but a question: what are they doing with all the main street and frontierland areas that they are tarped? The major refurbs make sense, but are things like the bakery, or trading post, etc just for maintenance?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    I saw these pictures, though a few weeks old still...Holy Walls!

Josh Siegel’s 1/12/12 Magic Kingdom Photo Report | WDW News Today
    Those photos started giving me a headache and I closed out the window. I don't think I even made it a third of the way through. I have no idea what he was trying to show. I hope that man never posts another blog ever again, photo or otherwise.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

Go to Orlando Attractions Magazine page... pictures and video uploaded today... they stating Castle opening late summer/early fall.... yay!!!

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Those photos started giving me a headache and I closed out the window. I don't think I even made it a third of the way through. I have no idea what he was trying to show. I hope that man never posts another blog ever again, photo or otherwise.
    Josh Siegel is a regular photo report poster over at WDWNewsToday so you might not want to visit the site anymore. Me personally, I love his and Adam Roth's posts as well as the other authors of that site. Since I can't get there often it's their photo reports that keep me in the loop on everything going on. By no means are they meant to be professional photography... just shots of what's currently happening around property.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

cjborne2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I feel like I'm joining this conversation late. Other than listening to the podcasts I have not followed much on the expansion. We are now counting down to our trip in April I'm really hoping a lot of these tarps and walls are gone by then.
    Law School Family Reward Trip August 2005

Land-Sea-Land Vacation June 2008

Disney Wonder cruise to Alaska June 2011

My Milestone Birthday Trip April 2012

StarsNStripes is offline 40th was amazing!

Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to be the case cjborne2
    I'm about as All-American as they come!
    *Natalie*
    Must get a new trip on the books! I'm dyin' here!

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Really, I didn't find the photo's difficult to comprehend. He was documenting the various areas under constructions. I went back over them again and didn't have the difficulties you are having, I was able to identify everything he photographed under construction. I really enjoy both Josh's and Adams photo updates. Pure written updates are often hard to imagine. Some people are just not visual learners. My Dad has difficulties looking at photographs too, he too melts down and gets overwhelmed.

Quote Originally Posted by cjborne2 View Post
    I feel like I'm joining this conversation late. Other than listening to the podcasts I have not followed much on the expansion. We are now counting down to our trip in April I'm really hoping a lot of these tarps and walls are gone by then.
    Oh this is an ongoing thread, everyday is a new tarp or wall, lol. If you follow the construction updates on either All Ears newsletter or Mouse Planets Weekly Update, some of these will come down by your trip. Sadly, a few more will take its place. It has become obvious Disney plans on overhauling the entire MK by the time the new Fantasyland is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by StarsNStripes View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't think that's going to be the case cjborne2
    Agreed... I think in April you might have the good fortune of the tiny bits of Storybook Circus being open but unfortunately the larger majority of attractions in Fantasyland will still be closed (and I think Snow White is closing by then too). The other walls and tarps across the park may be gone but I'd bet you'll see them replaced with new ones as Gabe said. It's for all these reasons that we've all but officially cancelled our annual trip for 2012 (and why I still can't believe they actually raised ticket prices again this year). But I digress.

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

I was there in January and I was pretty amazed at the scope of the expansion. You can look at all the pictures in the world, but when you get there and see it, it is AWESOME! Can't wait to see it when it's all done.

When you come out of the exit to the Pooh ride, the view is just breathtaking. The finished product, with trees and a more village atmosphere is really going to be great!

The gossip is that there will be various soft openings for select attractions coming late February until the March unveiling.

Here is the Goofy Rollercoaster. I am surprised that all they seemed to do was change the color from blue to red. Wings still white.

The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm - YouTube

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Really, I didn't find the photo's difficult to comprehend. He was documenting the various areas under constructions. I went back over them again and didn't have the difficulties you are having, I was able to identify everything he photographed under construction. I really enjoy both Josh's and Adams photo updates. Pure written updates are often hard to imagine. Some people are just not visual learners. My Dad has difficulties looking at photographs too, he too melts down and gets overwhelmed.
    Trust me, as an executive in higher education, I am extremely visual. But not visual for the sake of throwing a bunch of cr@p up on a screen because he had a bunch of pictures on his memory card.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

And as a Board of Education member I've been amazed daily by the cr@p that highly educated educators put before me that I must endure. I'll take this dudes pictures.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast