Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
WDW Theme Parks Discuss More news on New Fantasyland in the Vacation Planning forums; Walt always wanted his lands separated. The imagineering showed a mini forest in the area between the Indy Cars in Tomorrowland and the Queue-less Dumbo attraction. With that tiny little ...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: More news on New Fantasyland

Walt always wanted his lands separated. The imagineering showed a mini forest in the area between the Indy Cars in Tomorrowland and the Queue-less Dumbo attraction.

With that tiny little strip of land by the Queue-less and further down in the photograph, the green building with the pipes a top, I am curious how they are going to separate the two lands. A wall of tall thin bushes?
    Bill board a top green buildings roof?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

StewbotTalborg is offline Fastpass Holder

Hopefully there will be something there to divide the areas we just aren't seeing yet. I would hate the Fantasyland expansion which has been greeted with such positive feedback to breakdown a essential element of the park or the beginning of overcrowding and shoehorning attractions.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

It would not be unheard of to create a facade facing the other land that is themed to that land, as opposed to the one that the building is actually servicing...
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

No it wouldn't. Will be interested to see what the imagineers do because the lands they are colliding.

I saw these aerial pictures today. You'll need to scroll down just a little bit through the MVP Castle Main St Tiki Pictures and then there are some of the most excellent pictures I've seen of the Expansion.

They really have these attractions in there with a shoe horn all right. Can't believe how close the coaster is to dumbo building.

Manning In The Magic Kingdom, Unfortunate Habits, Universal Construction and... - StumbleUpon

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

doconeill is offline They call me MISTER Fastpass

From those pics, I can see me sense of positioning of where Barnstormer was, and how far back Ariel, etc. was was WAY off
    Doc

Website work in progress: WDW Untangled: Fastpass - Rider Switch - ADR Calculator and more
    New: Magic Your Way Ticket Price Calculator
    Non-WDW: Sci-Fi Storm - SF/Fantasy news

Mine too. After looking at the diorama and the prints along with the imagineering drawings I'm not sure it was totally us being off.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

As most of you guys know this is one area I am just really effected by... the whole "bleeding" of one land into another is what lead Walt to build WDW to begin with (because it was rampant at DL with no way around it). So... seeing it happening almost without care is just frustrating. So... I too hope that maybe there is just a "set piece" we've yet to see that will help.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678