Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss I would like to go upstairs in the Imagination Pavilion in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm really interested in visiting the second story of the Imagination Pavilion, where the Rainbow Tunnel was. I see that it is just roped off. I asked a cast member ...
    Communicore82 is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy I would like to go upstairs in the Imagination Pavilion

I'm really interested in visiting the second story of the Imagination Pavilion, where the Rainbow Tunnel was. I see that it is just roped off. I asked a cast member that was in front of Journey Into Imagination and he actually tried and asked a manager if I could go up. Sadly, they said I could not because of some type of work being done. I figured it was a generic excuse to stop my questioning.

Does anyone know of a way I could gain access? I'd just like to look around. I really like abandoned things and the Imagination Pavilion would just be awesome to see. I've seen videos of people up there, but I don't know how they got there.

I'd like to satisfy my 90's childhood curiosity and just take a look around. Especially before it's gone for real. I'm in the Orlando area and if anyone has any information on a possible viewing, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Re: I would like to go upstairs in the Imagination Pavilion

Good luck. Keep us posted if you get to get up there. From what I understand it's been quite a while since anyone was allowed up there. I have great memories of having fun up there...wish they would reopen it so I can share with DD4 in the future.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Only the Kingdom Keepers access those areas these days.

DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder

Fair enough NC_WDW_Daddy
    Wishin' I was in the World

What will you CELEBRATE!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

So as I understand it, saying there is work going on up there wasn't necessarily just to blow you off. From what I've heard, everything up there is still in a state of construction/destruction so it wouldn't be considered safe for guests (legally). More to the point, the rainbow tunnel supposedly still sits up there, all lonely and sad. A couple years ago there was a person who attended some sort of media conference up there (they had roped off/curtained off an area to be used for conferences).

Everytime we are there I literally find myself teary knowing what an incredible view everyone is missing by it no longer being used. The natural light coming in through the pyramid of glass was just breathtaking. Heck I'd be happy with it being nothing but the rainbow tunnel and a figment meet area. Just being able to head up there again would be awesome.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Communicore82 is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks all. I will keep trying. I did some searches on google and found some more people who were able to get up there. They took some pictures and it looks really awesome. Abandoned but awesome. The person that took this was able to get up there in December 2010. I just found out I can't post any links yet. Just type in google "journey into imagination image works flickr" it should be the first link. If you look view it it looks like everyone just left one day and pretty much left it the way it was

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by Communicore82 View Post
    I just found out I can't post any links yet. Just type in google "journey into imagination image works flickr" it should be the first link. If you look view it it looks like everyone just left one day and pretty much left it the way it was
    Here ya go: Journey Into Imagination's Image Works - Dec 2010 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

And here's his entire collection of pics from up there: http://s1004.photobucket.com/albums/...Image%20Works/

I had no idea it was all still so intact. It makes you wonder... it really really does. Wow.
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 05-29-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

very cool to see....ahhh...the good ol days. maybe one day it will be reopened. i still dont understand why they closed it.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

i never saw it in general , hate being young lol
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century