Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Do you think the newly refurbished Star Tours will help w/the Toy Story Mania crowds? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC i still find it amazing that MGM hasnt added any family attractions in the last 5 years since TSM... they know that is the only course ...
    TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Do you think the newly refurbished Star Tours will help w/the Toy Story Mania cro

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    i still find it amazing that MGM hasnt added any family attractions in the last 5 years since TSM... they know that is the only course of action in lessening the wait time here... it is time to do something in those sets down the walkway from TSM and open something for kids... this will ease the lines on TSM once and for all... the new Star Tours only lessened the lines at RnRC and ToT... not that they were overly long lately anyway...
    Yes, Disney's Hollywood Studios needs MORE family attractions. For some like at Disney's Animal Kingdom, this is still a half-day park. There are rumors of some new attractions coming to DHS that will help with park attendance. Trust me, the Disney Execs know there needs to be some additions to make this park compete with something like Universal's Islands of Adventure. It was a bummer that Disney couldn't come to an agreement with J.K. Rowling and Universal got the WWoHP. Now, that would have been a BIG park booster. But that ship has sailed and they are now in the works for some new additions to Disney's Hollywood Studios (mind you at this time, they are just rumors) . . .

Rumored Attraction: Radiator Springs Racers
    Radiator Springs Racers would take over the land currently used for the Backlot Tours. This would be like the attraction currently being built at Disney's California Adventure.

Rumored Attraction: Monsters, Inc. Door Vaulter
    Monsters, Inc. Door Vaulter would be an indoor rollercoaster to open in 2014. Monster Inc. 2 is scheduled to hit theatres in November 2012. So, this attraction should be announced around then.

Rumored Attraction/Refurbishment: MuppetVision 4D
    The current movie would be replaced with a new version called MuppetVision 4D. The current film is 20 years old. I personally think it's time to incorporate some new technology and revamp the attraction.

FYI - If you haven't seen the Lights, Motor, Action stunt show in awhile, you might want to check it out on your next trip. They took out Herbie: The Love Bug and it now has a guest appearance by Lightning McQueen. Check it out!

(The above information is from research I did on the internet and does NOT come from anyone directly at The Walt Disney Company. So, take it all with a grain of salt until an official announcement is made by Disney. )
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Do you think the newly refurbished Star Tours will help w/the Toy Story Mania cro

During our trip a few weeks ago, my husband and I finally got to experience the updated Star Tours attraction at DHS. Two words . . . MUST DO!!!! It far surpassed my expectations. We rode it once and then turned around and re-rode it getting a different scene. Very cool! I am fine if the masses flock to TSM. When we head back next weekend, I'm heading straight to ST. Plus, it won't give me carpal tunnel syndrome.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I rode TSM once and only once. Neat to see, but it really didn't do anything for me. So I never frown while walking past and seeing that FastPasses are gone and the standby line is an hour or more. Whatever.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Flrancho is offline D-Ticket Holder

No, it won't, and it hasn't.

Personally, I'd be more than happy if FP was removed entirely from all the parks, not just from TSM. I think the lines used to go faster back when there was no FP.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I'm not a fan of either TSM OR Star Tours 2.0. Neither of them do anything for me. Star Tours isn't long enough to justify waiting in a 70+ minute line and Toy Story Mania is inferior to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin because you're shooting at screens. I didn't go to Disney World to play a giant video game. I like the new Ariel's Undersea Adventure better than both combined.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I'm not a fan of either TSM OR Star Tours 2.0. Neither of them do anything for me. Star Tours isn't long enough to justify waiting in a 70+ minute line and Toy Story Mania is inferior to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin because you're shooting at screens. I didn't go to Disney World to play a giant video game. I like the new Ariel's Undersea Adventure better than both combined.
    When I go, the line for Star Tours is always relatively short. I'm not sure how this Lucas-driven version is yet. But I'll happily walk past TSM on my way there.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12