Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Do you think the newly refurbished Star Tours will help w/the Toy Story Mania crowds? in the Vacation Planning forums; With the newly refurbished Star Tours, do you think this will help with the mad dash for Toy Story Mania Fastpasses each morning at Disney's Hollywood Studios? On our upcoming ...
    TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Arrow Do you think the newly refurbished Star Tours will help w/the Toy Story Mania crowds?

With the newly refurbished Star Tours, do you think this will help with the mad dash for Toy Story Mania Fastpasses each morning at Disney's Hollywood Studios?

On our upcoming trip, we plan to change from our usual Toy Story Mania dash and make a beeline for Star Tours. Anyone else changing their morning strategy at DHS since the re-opening of Star Tours?

For more information on the newly refurbished Star Tours check out the Disney website HERE.

It looks really cool and I'm not even a Star Wars person!
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

garryz is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Do you think the newly refurbished Star Tours will help w/the Toy Story Mania cro

I don't think so. TSM is very popular, a different type of attraction. I don't see that line going down for some time. Maybe if the top level give the ok for monsters roller coaster????
    dvcnut. As Walt said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them".DISNEY.....LIVE THE DREAM!!!!!

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Do you think the newly refurbished Star Tours will help w/the Toy Story Mania cro

I don't think it will affect TSM that much. I'd still get my FP for TSM then ride STII later, or ride TSM first, then grab a FP for STII afterwards.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I can tell you right now, the new ST has NOT helped lower the wait for TSM. TSM still has the longest wait in the park (by far).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

One word... no.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Disney05 is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I don't think so either. I think the only thing that will help is building another TSM next to it.
    When you wish upon a star.....
    LAUGHTER IS TIMELESS, IMAGINATION HAS NO AGE AND DREAMS ARE FOREVER.
    Adults are only kids grown up, anyway. WD
    ...That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up. WD
    "For those who get it, no explanation is necessary. For those who don't, no explanation will do."

http://wdwhomesick.wordpress.com/

Besides building a duplicate next door, how can they make that line at TSM go faster???? It is a slow-loading ride. Just imagine though, they don't even have a FP for it at DCA. They did in the beginning and did away with it. Believe it or not, NOT having FP capability has made the line go faster. While we were there mid-day in April, the line was 40 minutes. Now, go to TSM @ DHS mid-day in April and I am sure it would have been double that time AT LEAST.

How would you feel if they just did away with FPs @ TSM in DHS?
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    I can tell you right now, the new ST has NOT helped lower the wait for TSM. TSM still has the longest wait in the park (by far).
    This will help our DHS strategy for November. I have already been instructed to plan on us riding Star Tours twice. So, that will be our #1 mission at DHS this trip. I used to have Bill run ahead of us (or rather walk briskly ahead of us) and get in line for FPs. By the time I caught up with the kids in the mob, he would have FPs in hand and we'd hop in the stand-by line. However, we honestly don't have to ride it twice in one day anymore. Believe it or not, our youngest (Cole) still prefers Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (@ MK) over Toy Story Mania. Also, our two oldest kids are willing to ride rollercoasters with us and RNR is one of my favs at WDW. So, we have to ride RNR more than once now. I am now discovering, each trip is a new experience. As the kids get older, their likes and dislikes at WDW are changing. It is fun!
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    Besides building a duplicate next door, how can they make that line at TSM go faster???? It is a slow-loading ride. Just imagine though, they don't even have a FP for it at DCA. They did in the beginning and did away with it. Believe it or not, NOT having FP capability has made the line go faster. While we were there mid-day in April, the line was 40 minutes. Now, go to TSM @ DHS mid-day in April and I am sure it would have been double that time AT LEAST.

How would you feel if they just did away with FPs @ TSM in DHS?
    The only thing that would shorten the wait at TSM would be more family-oriented rides at DHS. At the moment, the only rides with no height requirements are TSM, GMR, and Backlot Tour. Removing FP would be nice, but the ride will still have long waits
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

i still find it amazing that MGM hasnt added any family attractions in the last 5 years since TSM... they know that is the only course of action in lessening the wait time here... it is time to do something in those sets down the walkway from TSM and open something for kids... this will ease the lines on TSM once and for all... the new Star Tours only lessened the lines at RnRC and ToT... not that they were overly long lately anyway...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

i agree. the lines at dca for toy story was only about 25-30 min wait last summer when i went for a day visit. i dont totally get why the line is always soo long at dhs! guess i will have to try to dash in the morning on my upcoming trip or wait til late in the day.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

disneyfire is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    I don't think it will affect TSM that much. I'd still get my FP for TSM then ride STII later, or ride TSM first, then grab a FP for STII afterwards.
    yep, we got to the studios too late for a fastpass to tsm...

we waited untill very close o closing and the line was only 15 min.
    right after that...we headed for fantasmic.

I can (and often do) skip Fantasmic. I usually go see the holiday lights while everyone else is packing into Fantasmic once again. Once I've seen it, I'm usually good for literally 3-5 years. The should would need to be updated it every now and again for me to go back regularly. One thing I can't figure out is how they STILL haven't added more exits. After that show is over, trying to get out of that stupid amphitheater is ridiculous. Open up some of the handicapped wheelchair ramps on either side of the stage and help facilitate the flow of traffic. It honestly can't be all that hard to figure out.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I can (and often do) skip Fantasmic. I usually go see the holiday lights while everyone else is packing into Fantasmic once again. Once I've seen it, I'm usually good for literally 3-5 years. The should would need to be updated it every now and again for me to go back regularly. One thing I can't figure out is how they STILL haven't added more exits. After that show is over, trying to get out of that stupid amphitheater is ridiculous. Open up some of the handicapped wheelchair ramps on either side of the stage and help facilitate the flow of traffic. It honestly can't be all that hard to figure out.
    Amen to this --- I rarely have any complaints about Disney, but this is one complaint I have, especially when travelling with a wheelchair. It's an absolute nightmare, and the wheelchair companion seating is barely enforced (although with as many people as those CMs are trying to handle, it's understandable to a small extent), but I do wish they'd figure out a way to make the whole experience at least less bad, if not significantly better.

And the wheelchair seating is in a great place for those in or travling with someone in a chair. But like you said, they don't enforce it for those parties. So it seems that anyone and everyone can (and does) sit there. But wheelchairs aside, they really need to find a way to clear that area far better than they do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast