Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss To see or not to see a World Showcase Pavilion movie, that is the question ... in the Vacation Planning forums; I am ashamed to say that during all our WDW trips, we have never seen a movie in the World Showcase Pavilions. I'll be honest, we aren't patient enough to ...
    TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Arrow To see or not to see a World Showcase Pavilion movie, that is the question ...

I am ashamed to say that during all our WDW trips, we have never seen a movie in the World Showcase Pavilions. I'll be honest, we aren't patient enough to sit through them because there is so much fun to be had elsewhere. We're one of those families that rushes through the movie theatre at the exit of Maelstrom. I think so many others did this too that they now just leave the exit doors open all the time.

If we could only see one World Showcase Pavilion movie, which one is a "must" in your opinion or should we just skip them all together? We may try and squeeze in one WS movie during our family trip in November.

Thank you in advance with any and all responses.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: To see or not to see a World Showcase Pavilion movie, that is the question ...

Same here. Off the ride and through the closing doors. C'ya, vikings.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: To see or not to see a World Showcase Pavilion movie, that is the question ...

I don't know that nay of them are "must see". They are all kinda neat to see at least once, but...

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Oh no I got stuck in the norway movie once.... yikes. Definitely best to run through. I finally saw Canada, but I had just finished a large margarita from Mexico and it threw me off that are no seats and I was a bit dizzy/trying to look at all the screens- made it a little less enjoyable. I do like Martin Short though, I would say of all the movies this is the best one, but even then it's not a MUST see or anything. I'm a "see everything once" type of person though, but only if I have the time.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

We always watch the France movie, more nostalgia than anything and O Canada

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    We always watch the France movie, more nostalgia than anything and O Canada
    If you could only choose one . . . France or Canada?????
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    I don't know that nay of them are "must see". They are all kinda neat to see at least once, but...
    That's what I figure. See them all at least once. But, I only want to subject the kids to ONE this upcoming trip. I know their limitations. (We'll be back!)
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I saw the Norway movie the first year it opened but once was enough. We've raced through the theatre every time since then. I've never seen the France or Canada movies.

I think China had/has one but I see no reason to view communist propaganda.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

TX, I highly recommend the movies in China, France and Canada. In all honesty, I saw the Norway movie once and it's not worth your time. It was very short and didn't do that beautiful country any justice. Canada is pretty good; I did enjoy that. The other two however are wonderful. I'm not into communism either, but the China movie is NOT Communist Propaganda - Disney wouldn't do that. It is a beautiful movie with exquisite scenery and music and is a chance to see a country that most of us will never see for ourselves. In fact, China gave Disney permission to film parts of their country in which tourists are not allowed to go. Especially with your school age kids, these 2 movies are very worthwhile. The France movie is absolutely beautiful and also has beautiful music. Again, it's like getting to travel to these two countries with your young kids while in the safe confines of EPCOT. I don't think you will be sorry if you go to see them; neither one is really very long. I never like to miss them no matter how many times I visit.
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

The propaganda is working on a subliminal level. I guess you missed that.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

I watch the movies, most of the time. However, I do think it's funny that the people who "run through" the theatre obviously feel some kind of peer pressure to watch the movie: I see a lot of hang-dog looks on the run-throughs and a lot of condescending looks from the people seated in the theatre waiting for the movie to start.

I've always thought that was funny.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Prince Charming is offline B-Ticket Holder

To see or not to see a World Showcase Pavilion movie, that is the question ...

TXTalyors 5,

I think I found myself with the same dilemma last year in choosing which ones to see. I had visited all of the pavilions several years ago and found myself walking past them on subsequent visits so I decided to revisit two of them to change my routine. I chose Canada, because I was having dinner there and had arrived early with some time to spare. Another time I happen to be walking by the American Adventure when the Fife and Drum Corps came out for a performance. After their show, they invited everyone into the hall for the show Spirit of America so I followed along. Both shows were very good and I was glad that I changed up my usual touring routine.

My advice, choose like I did - randomly. Let the day's events and your family's touring routine choose one for you. I plan to see two more on my next visit, but I'll let "the moment" chose for me again.

Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!

clj2 is offline C-Ticket Holder

We did the films on the last trip and I don't really care to do any of them again. Maybe France because you can sit down, at least, and it's not as terrible as Norway.
    WDW:: March 1996 (Buena Vista Palace DTD) | March 2005 (Hilton DTD) | March 2007 (Hilton DTD) | March 2009 (Hilton DTD) | August 2011 (Hilton DTD) | March 2012 (Royal Plaza DTD) | August 10th-17th 2013

Rick Blaine is offline B-Ticket Holder

I always stay for the Norway movie, and I love the France movie. To me the Norway movie is part of the attraction; I would no more skip it than ask to leave the ride after the first two minutes (even if I could). Maybe this is just the divide between the “commando” types and others who like to take their time.
    The only thing I don’t like about China and Canada is that you have to stand up, and after walking around the parks for hours it is nice to sit down.

Piglit is offline C-Ticket Holder

The movie in China is beautiful.
    You do have to stand but you can sit before it begins and it isn't too long.
    "Peace, Love & Mickey Mouse"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast