Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is your #1 ride or attraction in each park? in the Vacation Planning forums; What is your #1 attraction* in each park? I have some personal favorites and am always interested in what others like too. For me . . . Magic Kingdom Haunted ...
    TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Thumbs up What is your #1 attraction in each park?

What is your #1 attraction* in each park?

I have some personal favorites and am always interested in what others like too. For me . . .

Magic Kingdom
    Haunted Mansion

Epcot
    Soarin'

Disney's Hollywood Studios
    Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Expedition Everest

(*Attraction can be a ride or show.)
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 07-06-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: What is your #1 ride or attraction in each park?

As odd as it is, I really don't have any solid "favorites". At one time, I might have at least said Spaceship Earth, but not with this new version. I don't want to have to "work" on an attraction. And just because you can't figure out how to fill the second half of the ride doesn't give you the right to take the easy way out. Hear me Seimens??
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Hahahaha, not exactly my thoughts, supernova, but close enough. The new descent is a disaster.

But, back to the question at hand:

MK - Very tough choice for a variety of reasons, but Splash Mountain. VERY tough choice! And I think your choice of Haunted Mansion is hard to argue with. Very, very hard...

EPCOT - Ugh, I hate to say this, but, Test Track. Man, do I ever miss World of Motion! But, gotta give it up for TT.

MGM Studios - No way I can choose between Tower of Terror and Aerosmith. Call it a push.

AK - Expedition Everest. Anybody who says differently is lying!

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

MK-Haunted Mansion

Epcot- Spaceship Earth

DHS- The Great Movie Ride

AK- Kali River Rapids
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

MK-Splash Mountain

Epcot- Soarin

DHS- Tower of Terror

AK- Everest

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

MK - Splash Mountain
    E - Soarin'
    DHS - ToT
    DAK - Everest

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    As odd as it is, I really don't have any solid "favorites". At one time, I might have at least said Spaceship Earth, but not with this new version. I don't want to have to "work" on an attraction. And just because you can't figure out how to fill the second half of the ride doesn't give you the right to take the easy way out. Hear me Seimens??
    We've only ridden this new version. What did they used to do when heading back to present time? I will admit, it is kind of cheesy. But, our kids love it and sometimes even have fun picking languagues we don't understand. Our youngest hit Japanese one time and obviously we couldn't read a thing. It was funny!
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

Now that they have installed the new lap bar for Splash Mountain, that might start to be a family favorite again. Our daughter had a really bad scare a few years ago and almost fell out of the log. So of course, she has refused to ride Splash Mountain since then. I am not a parent that drags a screaming kid on an attraction, it's not fun for the kid or the other guests. So, I've patiently been waiting for her to feel at ease to ride again. When I told her that they installed a lap bar, she has agreed to ride during our upcoming family trip in November. Finally, we can ride Splash Mountain as a family again.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

ThatGuyFromMD is offline Yes, I Am That Guy

Magic Kingdom: Space Mountain (my last trip was when the renovations were bing made so I haven't seen the new one)

EPCOT: Journey into Imagination with Figment (I don't know why, but I just love that ride)

Hollywood: Mupet Vision 3D (huge fan of the muppets)

Animal Kingdom: Expedition everest (not a whole lot else worth seeing)
    Carol Brown just took a bus out of town,
    But I'm hoping that you'll stick around

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    I actually like the new one. It's just something with the narration that I like a lot.. And i think the the last part of the ride is just a way to let the kids interact

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    Now that they have installed the new lap bar for Splash Mountain, that might start to be a family favorite again. Our daughter had a really bad scare a few years ago and almost fell out of the log. So of course, she has refused to ride Splash Mountain since then. I am not a parent that drags a screaming kid on an attraction, it's not fun for the kid or the other guests. So, I've patiently been waiting for her to feel at ease to ride again. When I told her that they installed a lap bar, she has agreed to ride during our upcoming family trip in November. Finally, we can ride Splash Mountain as a family again.
    I do think the lap bar is a good idea

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

The only substantial difference in Space Mountain is the huge video games in the queue. It's a nice enough touch, I guess.

Oh okay.. Well that's good that the ride it self wasnt changed

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I guess I go at off times of the year. Because whenever I visit the parks, I have never been backed up to any of the games no either Space Mountain or Soarin'.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

We started out right at the games when we went last year in the last week of May, but we didn't stay around them for long.

I couldn't really see the sense of putting them in there, but whatever. No harm done. Might keep the "ADD" (sigh) generation occupied.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast