Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is an attraction you refuse to ride or once was enough? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by supernova Come to think of it, my Sea Monkeys never did get the hang of riding bikes or building communities... Your's too???...
    ThatGuyFromMD is offline Yes, I Am That Guy

Re: What is an attraction you refuse to ride or once was enough?

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Come to think of it, my Sea Monkeys never did get the hang of riding bikes or building communities...
    Your's too???
    Carol Brown just took a bus out of town,
    But I'm hoping that you'll stick around

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyFromMD View Post
    Your's too???
    I tried writing in for a refund when I was younger, but I think they guy who responded to my inquiry must have been having a heart attack while he was typing. It seemed in the middle of answering back, "Happy to hear from you, Mike...", his heart seized up and he just kept typing Ha Ha Ha over and over again. I hope the poor guy survived.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

My biggest issue with the old Epcot was the length and pace of the rides. I think we THINK we miss the old Epcot. But 15+ minute rides were a bit much. Don't believe me, try taking a spin through Ellen's Energy Adventure.
    We have never ridden Ellen's Energy Adventure. It seems to be closed every time we are at Epcot or when it rarely is open, our kids are pulling us past the entrance to ride Test Track for the millionth time (I love Test Track too, but don't tell them that! ) I have read people report it is LONG. So, it might be a nice place for a mid-day break in the summertime. However, we don't visit in the summertime, so unless Test Track AND Soarin' are broken, we probably won't ever ride it!
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

I tried writing in for a refund when I was younger, but I think they guy who responded to my inquiry must have been having a heart attack while he was typing. It seemed in the middle of answering back, "Happy to hear from you, Mike...", his heart seized up and he just kept typing Ha Ha Ha over and over again. I hope the poor guy survived.
    It's such a sad story.. Hopefully he had a speedy recovery.. god bless him..

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Hahahaha...I can see that.

Reminds me of when I was really little and my mom bought me a box of Mr. Bubble. Well, back then on the cover it had this big bubble guy that was coming up out of the water. He had a body and a face with a smiling mouth, ears, the whole nine yards.

I was SO looking forward to seeing that puppy! Imagine my disappointment...
    LOL! I remember Mr. Bubble! Found this for you Mo Noyz ...
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    We have never ridden Ellen's Energy Adventure. It seems to be closed every time we are at Epcot or when it rarely is open, our kids are pulling us past the entrance to ride Test Track for the millionth time (I love Test Track too, but don't tell them that! ) I have read people report it is LONG. So, it might be a nice place for a mid-day break in the summertime. However, we don't visit in the summertime, so unless Test Track AND Soarin' are broken, we probably won't ever ride it!
    I'm actually going to be sad when that ride leaves.. i don't know why, but I like it a lot..

I can see Mo now:

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    DAK - Bug's Life, stinger in the back
    I have yet to see the whole movie. The first time our two oldest were 2 and 4. They only lasted until Hopper came out and the cries started. So, we had to leave.

The second time was two years ago, the kids were 3,6,9. I was worried about the three year old. Wouldn't you know, it was the six year old that freaked out. So, I took her out and the boys finished the movie. However, when they came out it was like, "We can mark that off our list, we DON'T want to see it again!" So, I will probably never see it unless I go by myself.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyFromMD View Post
    I'm actually going to be sad when that ride leaves.. i don't know why, but I like it a lot..
    Are there plans for it to be replaced or refurbished???? If so, I guess we need to do it at least once. I try to go into an attraction with an open mind because everyone has different tastes. But, this is one that just keeps getting bad after bad reviews.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

Are there plans for it to be replaced or refurbished???? If so, I guess we need to do it at least once. I try to go into an attraction with an open mind because everyone has different tastes. But, this is one that just keeps getting bad after bad reviews.
    I don't know if there are plans.. But it seems to brake down a lot and is a really long ride.. So i would imagine somewhere down the rode they will get rid of it

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...the terrible pain!!

Why did you forsake me, Mr. Bubble?!

WHY???!!!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Universe of Energy was the biggest t*rd in the park back in the day. I can't imagine it's any better now. You're not missing anything, IMO.

Even in EPCOT's heyday it was pretty much a walk-on. I guess the dinosaurs were somewhat cool.

Eh, what am I saying? They couldn't even save that disaster.

Now, if they'd torn that down and built Test Track there, left Journey in its original incarnation, didn't mess with the best attraction there, The Living Seas, EPCOT would be a thousand times better than it is now.

Still a great park, but oh the missteps...

I have yet to see the whole movie. The first time our two oldest were 2 and 4. They only lasted until Hopper came out and the cries started. So, we had to leave.
    Little kids really are wusses, aren't they?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Universe of Energy was the biggest t*rd in the park back in the day. I can't imagine it's any better now. You're not missing anything, IMO.
    Yeah, I've seen videos of the original energy, and it looks just boring and educational.. At least the new version does have elements of comedy..

The ride is more of, and I hate to say this, but a place to take a nap.. It's a place to escape the heat, a ride to go on if you're waiting to be able to use a fast pass.. I enjoy riding it, but I usually would go on when I did have a fast pass I was waiting to use or if I wanted to sit down and relax..

There were times at the end of both Ellen's Energy Adventure and Great Movie Ride that I was tempted to jump out of the car and walk to the exits. Didn't want to get into trouble, though. But geez, those end films are a bit too long. Come to think of it, those movie clips are what has kept me out of the Great Movie Ride for the past who knows how many years now.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast