Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is an attraction you refuse to ride or once was enough? in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by supernova There were times at the end of both Ellen's Energy Adventure and Great Movie Ride that I was tempted to jump out of the car and ...
    ThatGuyFromMD is offline Yes, I Am That Guy

Re: What is an attraction you refuse to ride or once was enough?

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    There were times at the end of both Ellen's Energy Adventure and Great Movie Ride that I was tempted to jump out of the car and walk to the exits. Didn't want to get into trouble, though. But geez, those end films are a bit too long. Come to think of it, those movie clips are what has kept me out of the Great Movie Ride for the past who knows how many years now.
    The end films I can never really get into
    Carol Brown just took a bus out of town,
    But I'm hoping that you'll stick around

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

For me.....
    MK- not a spinner so no teacups or AstroOrbiter. Don't want to see Stitch- hated Mission to Mars and never saw what was in between those. So excited about Tiki going back to original!

Epcot- Can't handle Mission:Space. Energy when I need a nap or otherwise I can live without it. I ride Journey into Imagination only because my kids like it. I can live without it.

AK- Never been to Rafiki's Environmental Preaching thing. Never done Primeval Whirl. And I don't think I have missed much

DHS- I really hate Lights Motor Action. Just not that interesting to me and it is hot. I can live without The Little Mermaid show also. Just not that much fun for me.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by SnwhtNdwrfs View Post
    DHS- I really hate Lights Motor Action. Just not that interesting to me and it is hot. I can live without The Little Mermaid show also. Just not that much fun for me.
    Forgot about that silly Disnetland Paris carry-over show. Never saw it, never will.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I think the only things I have no real desire to do anymore are Dumbo and its clones - though I may go on the new Dumbo once Storybook Circus opens.

Stitch's Great Escape was a pretty big let down, but I'll go on it every now and again, same with Monsters Inc Laugh Floor.

Apart from that, there's nothing in the parks that I've sworn off, even American Idol... I really don't like the actual TV show, but I had fun when I went to see it at Hollywood Studios, maybe it's just the crowd excitement mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshK47 View Post
    Apart from that, there's nothing in the parks that I've sworn off, even American Idol... I really don't like the actual TV show, but I had fun when I went to see it at Hollywood Studios, maybe it's just the crowd excitement mentality.
    Considering the average midwest viewer for that TV show, I'd use "mentally" quite loosely.

Personally, when it comes to the attraction in the park, I see that huge waste of space talent show as the world's largest sober karaoke party.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Considering the average midwest viewer for that TV show, I'd use "mentally" quite loosely.

Personally, when it comes to the attraction in the park, I see that huge waste of space talent show as the world's largest sober karaoke party.
    They should have a happy hour special for it...

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

Forgot about that silly Disnetland Paris carry-over show. Never saw it, never will.
    I saw it once, it wasn't bad.. Wouldn't ever have to do it again

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

People in the northeast don't watch it in huge numbers?

It's still one of those things I rank up there with Letterman's Nascar observation. But yes, people in the Northeast do watch it. Though we tend to be a bit more sophisticated than farmers.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Nah, it's pretty much a dead heat between the regions.

It's the big city vs. small town argument. Liberal weenies vs. conservative nimrods.

I find both sides pretty humorous. "Sophistication" comes in many different forms.

Apark985 is offline A-Ticket holder

I try to give everything a shot but....

AK - Dinosaur (I've closed my eyes through it once. No need to wait 45 minutes to close my eyes through it again)

HS - Lights, Motor, Action! (It was great! But no need to see it again)

EPCOT - Captain EO (I appreciate the tribute and nostalgia and I love MJ but that's a half hour of my time that could be spent in World Showcase enjoying a Grey Goose Slush and people watching)

MK - Stitch's Great Escape (I didn't like it when it was Alien Encounter and I don't like it now that it's Stitch)

Harder than I thought! Good topic!

Quote Originally Posted by Apark985 View Post
    I try to give everything a shot but....

AK - Dinosaur (I've closed my eyes through it once. No need to wait 45 minutes to close my eyes through it again)
    I don't mind this ride, actually. Nothing is scary, nothing pops out at you, no drops. There isn't anything that is for me to close my eyes at. The biggest issue I have with this ride is how unnecessarily loud it is.

And my goodness is it loud!! First time I rode it I thought to myself, "you've finally reached the 'if it's too loud you're told old' stage of your life".

My wife and son think it's a hoot, I'm pretty agonostic about it. I'll ride it and enjoy it, but I certainly wouldn't put it in my top 20 favorite rides there.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Dinosaur would be even better if it didn't have the corny preshow with Mrs. Huxtable.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Hey, I'm just glad she found work after Claire.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast