Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is an attraction you refuse to ride or once was enough? in the Vacation Planning forums; What is an attraction you refuse to ride or have ridden once and decided ... that was enough? As much as I love Walt Disney World, there are some attractions ...
    TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Arrow What is an attraction you refuse to ride or once was enough?

What is an attraction you refuse to ride or have ridden once and decided ... that was enough?

As much as I love Walt Disney World, there are some attractions that have me scratching my head as to how they have survived so long in the parks.

Magic Kingdom
    Stitch's Great Escape! (or rather Stitch's Great Spitathon!)

Epcot
    Journey Into Imagination with Figment (or rather One BIG Spark of Annoyance!)

Disney's Animal Kingdom
    Primeval Whirl (or rather Primeval Hurl!)
    Dinosaur (or rather the Anti-Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Forbidden Eye.)

These are just my opinions, I am sure there is somebody riding these attractions and loves them. But for me, I just don't get the appeal. JMHO
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 07-06-2011 at 04:01 PM.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: What is an attraction you refuse to ride or once was enough?

Hollywood Studios - Indiana Jones... once and never again. Saw it. Done.

Epcot - Never saw any of the movies in Future World. And never will.

Magic Kingdom - Will never see Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. Will not be returning to Hall of Presidents until the next president is in there.

Animal Kingdom - Unless someone new is with me at the parks, I won't need to see Festival of the Lion King any time soon.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Magic Kingdom - Astro Orbiter. Madhatter's Teacups. Spinning around in circles doesn't amuse me.

EPCOT - Mission: Space. Did I mention that spinning around in circles doesn't amuse me?

MGM Studios - My least favorite park, so I have no idea. Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster are pretty much the only things I go there for.

Animal Kingdom - Primeval Whirl, because spinning arou...oh, nevermind...

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Epcot - Never saw any of the movies in Future World. And never will.
    Do you mean World Showcase?

Yeah, that too.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Well, as far as I can recall, there are only three "movies" in Future World.

Universe of Energy, quite possibly the most boring and worthless attraction ever built on property.

Soarin', quite possibly the most interesting attraction in EPCOT today.

And the old intro for the Living Seas, quite possibly the most missed attraction on property.

But yes, I did mean World Showcase. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Well, as far as I can recall, there are only three "movies" in Future World.

Universe of Energy, quite possibly the most boring and worthless attraction ever built on property.

Soarin', quite possibly the most interesting attraction in EPCOT today.

And the old intro for the Living Seas, quite possibly the most missed attraction on property.
    You're forgetting HISTA and Captain EO.

Ugh, Captain Uh-Oh.

HISTA is actually cool to see at least once, though.

Wonder what they'll do there next?

Really odd when you think about it. They completely destroy Horizons. They completely gut World of Motion.

Yet, they leave Journey to die a long, slow, painful death through incompetence.

Really saddening to see what Future World has become in recent years.

*sigh*

It shouldn't be a museum, but man how I'd love the original EPCOT to spring back to life.

My biggest issue with the old Epcot was the length and pace of the rides. I think we THINK we miss the old Epcot. But 15+ minute rides were a bit much. Don't believe me, try taking a spin through Ellen's Energy Adventure.

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Magic Kingdom
    Will never see Hall of Presidents (I'm not American and I'm sorry, but I don't care)
    Will never again see country bears if I can help it, would have been the tiki room but now that its going to be back to the original I'll go see it again for sure

Epcot
    Wont see american adventure again (same reason as hall of presidents), and probably none of the other country movies again either, and Captain EO

aK
    You know, I like everything... I guess the affection section but I guess if I have children one day who have a desire to bet a goat I'll end up there

HS
    Wont see american idol and why is that Narnia thing still around?

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    My biggest issue with the old Epcot was the length and pace of the rides. I think we THINK we miss the old Epcot. But 15+ minute rides were a bit much. Don't believe me, try taking a spin through Ellen's Energy Adventure.

Disagree.

Besides, how many 15+ minute rides existed in the original EPCOT?

UoE was the only one.

Original Journey > current Journey

Original Spaceship Earth > current Spaceship Earth (original descent trumps new animatronics, IMO)

The Living Seas > The Seas with Nitmo & Friends

Horizons > Mission: Space

World of Motion = Test Track

The win goes to the original EPCOT. Not even close, IMO.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

MK:
    Pirates of the Caribbean. Disneyland trumps Disney World on this one, and most of them, so I don't do a whole lot other than look around.

Epcot:
    Gran Fiesta Tour

DHS:
    MuppetVision. Same reason as MK. Disneyland's got it beat. Even though it's technically the same show, the quality is far superior in Disneyland.

AK:
    Expedition Everest. It's just not worth the wait to me. If I get a fastpass for it, cool, if not, not a biggie.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Magic Kingdom - Astro Orbiter. Madhatter's Teacups. Spinning around in circles doesn't amuse me.

EPCOT - Mission: Space. Did I mention that spinning around in circles doesn't amuse me?

MGM Studios - My least favorite park, so I have no idea. Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster are pretty much the only things I go there for.

Animal Kingdom - Primeval Whirl, because spinning arou...oh, nevermind...
    LOL, you made me laugh out loud. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    MK:
    Pirates of the Caribbean. Disneyland trumps Disney World on this one, and most of them, so I don't do a whole lot other than look around.

Epcot:
    Gran Fiesta Tour

DHS:
    MuppetVision. Same reason as MK. Disneyland's got it beat. Even though it's technically the same show, the quality is far superior in Disneyland.

AK:
    Expedition Everest. It's just not worth the wait to me. If I get a fastpass for it, cool, if not, not a biggie.
    I agree PotC is best at DL, but i will take the sloppy second rather then nothing. DL is too out of reach right now. I agree DL is better in every way, again prxoimity and cost, WDW has me at 6 hour drive.

Garn Fiesta-agree, Muppet vision, well I have nightmares about muppets. ugh, just no. EE at Ak, no thanks. I enjoyed lunch, don't need to see if reversing it makes it better.

Captain Eo, ugh, just wrong on so many levels. Didn't like it the first time at DL, don't plan on seeing it now.

My skip at Mk is Astro orbiter, Tea Cups, Aladdin and Dumbo.

Skip at AK-the entire park if I can. DD wants to go next time we get to return to WDW, but wow, not a fan.

DHS-we skip AI, we skip Buzz, we skip most of the shows, and we skip Indiana jones. i am a huge RNRC fan.

Epcot-well, I still like and enjoy most of it.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 07-06-2011 at 11:57 PM.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

MK
    Country Bear Jamboree. I don't see why it is there.
    Hall of Presidents. Don't really want history on vacation

Epoct
    Captain EO. Not a favorite of mine.
    Mission Space Less Intense. I am more for the trilling version.
    Most of the World Showcase shows and videos (expect Mexico and Norway) not really into those things and again don't really want history on vacation.

AK
    Festival of the Lion. Kinda good show its just shows aren't my thing

MGM (or DHS)
    American Idol and Indiana Jones. Again not much of a show fan
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast