Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Can you bring snacks/food into the parks? I've finally found an "official" answer... in the Vacation Planning forums; From the Walt Disney World website (link HERE ) Q. Can food be brought into Walt Disney World ® Resort and Theme Parks? A. Guests are allowed to bring food ...
    TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Can you bring snacks/food into the parks? I've finally found an "official" answer...

From the Walt Disney World website (link HERE)

Q. Can food be brought into Walt Disney World® Resort and Theme Parks?

A. Guests are allowed to bring food items, such as snacks or foods that do not require heating, into any Walt Disney World® Resort. If you have items that need to be refrigerated, please ask the front desk Cast Member to have a refrigerator placed in your room. Please check with the front desk to see if there is a charge for use of the refrigerator. Guests are allowed to bring food items, such as snacks or foods that do not require heating, into any Walt Disney World® Theme Park. Just inform a Security Cast Member.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Can you bring snacks/food into the parks? I've finally found an "official" answe

I didn't know that about the parks.

ThatGuyFromMD is offline Yes, I Am That Guy

Re: Can you bring snacks/food into the parks? I've finally found an "official" answe

i"ve brought in disney candy before, but never actual for food.. Nice to know..
    Carol Brown just took a bus out of town,
    But I'm hoping that you'll stick around

http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...-Thread-Part-V <-- you see that, you should click on it and talk with us

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Great detective work. Best tip in a long time. Thank you.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Great detective work. Best tip in a long time. Thank you.
    You're welcome!

I think some people hide food in the bottom of their bags because they think, in addition to weapon, the security is looking for people sneaking in food. But, the security could care less if you bring in food or non-alcoholic drinks. Just no GLASS! Even people have been questioned with glass baby food jars. So, bring the plastic containers they now have. It will make the bag search a lot easier.

They still do NOT allow big coolers or rolling coolers into the parks. So, don't show up with a picnic lunch and drinks in a cooler. You WILL be turned away. I use our kids' insulated lunch boxes with an ice pack and put it in my backpack. Works out great!
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

the first time i went we had a 1 yr old.. so i had snacks on me.. i didnt know if you could or couldnt.. but with a lil one you have to pack food and drink with you everywhere you go
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

had no clue , very helpful tip
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century
    99= All Star Movies 09= All Star Sports
    00= All Star Music 10= All Star Music

KacieG is offline D-Ticket Holder

Oh wow, very helpful information! Six Flags and other places I have been to will actually refuse admission if you bring in food items, so this is very good to know. Thank you!

DCP - Attractions - Disney Quest - Aug. 10th, 2011 - Jan. 6th, 2012

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

I didn't know this wasn't a common fact. I often can't afford to buy food in the parks (especially when I was a student) and we've brought sandwiches, bags of chips, veggies and fruit for pretty much every Disney trip ever. I think it was about my 10th trip before I actually bought any food at any of the parks haha. It's a huuuuuge money saver, and my local amusement park (Canada's Wonderland) will confiscate even a bottle of soda, nevermind food... so you always have to buy their (unappetizing) overpriced food or go eat in the parking lot at your car. Gosh I can't imagine how much money I would spend on snack if I didn't at least bring some almonds, apples or a bag of chips! lol

Quote Originally Posted by KacieG View Post
    Oh wow, very helpful information! Six Flags and other places I have been to will actually refuse admission if you bring in food items, so this is very good to know. Thank you!
    A lot of people, including myself, did not know they allowed snack items to be brought into the parks. So, that is why I posted my find.

Disney used to have a policy "requesting" that guests did not bring outside food and drink into the theme parks, but this was completely unenforced. Now it has changed its policy, and guests are allowed to bring food items, such as snacks or foods that do not require heating, into any Walt Disney World theme park. It is also completely fine to bring in bottled water or soft drinks.

(The above info was obtained from mousesavers.com)
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"