Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Not So Scary Halloween Party October 6! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hi everyone! I'm a frequent reader / shy poster but I bought tickets last night to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on October 6th and I'm so ...
    PAdisneygirl is offline B-Ticket Holder

Not So Scary Halloween Party October 6!

Hi everyone! I'm a frequent reader / shy poster but I bought tickets last night to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on October 6th and I'm so excited!

The only reason I don't get to WDW as often as I'd like is because quite honestly, I can't get anyone to go with me! My friends and family aren't interested, which is a huge bummer. Anyway, I decided to tag along on a family trip to the Gulf Coast of FL in order to sneak in a few days at Disney World (only 2 but I'll take what I can get!).

Anyway, I'll be going to MNSSHP on Thursday, October 6th and was wondering if anyone else from the forums is going on that night?? I know there's the big WDW Radio Live Broadcast the weekend before and I'm sure you'll all be doing big meet ups then, but if anyone's interested in planing one for the 6th let me know on here or through a private message.

Have a great day!

Katie

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Not So Scary Halloween Party October 6!

Not going, but have a great trip. Oh, and go Liberty or Freedom I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Not going, but have a great trip. Oh, and go Liberty or Freedom I guess?
    Thanks! I went to Freedom. I take it you're familiar with the Christmas City?
    --------

@kathrynlynch on twitter

always looking for WDW fans to interact with, and if you live in PA/NJ that's even better!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Enjoy the Halloween party, Katie. I tried driving over to downtown Bethlehem this past Christmas and was disappointed. So I'm wondering if I was in the wrong place? I circled around behind the Sands and drove down into town. That can't be what all the rave is about?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Enjoy the Halloween party, Katie. I tried driving over to downtown Bethlehem this past Christmas and was disappointed. So I'm wondering if I was in the wrong place? I circled around behind the Sands and drove down into town. That can't be what all the rave is about?
    Thanks Supernova.

RE: Christmas in Bethlehem... OUUUUUCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I used to do all the PR for the Christmas stuff before I moved to a different job. We had national press coverage!! Without knowing where you drove around, I can't say if you saw everything. If you stayed on the Sands side of the city without crossing the river, then you missed out. But I suppose that doing a drive through probably doesn't do it justice. There's a lot of events and tours that take place that make it better. There's a bus tour where you view Christmas decorations, horse and carriage rides, walking tours, etc. There's also a Christmas window contest that about 150 or so businesses participate in and then there are tons of live performances every day.

I live right on Main Street (am I inviting stalkers? haha) so it's so pretty to look at but the people tend to drive me crazy!

If you decide to give it another try, let me know and I'll give you a tour!

Don't give up on Bethlehem so easily! Hahaha. Wow I sound like I'm doing PR again!

Katie
    --------

@kathrynlynch on twitter

always looking for WDW fans to interact with, and if you live in PA/NJ that's even better!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I did cross the river, though it was the road behind the Sands. I'm out in the area all the time, and have visited friends who went to college at Lehigh. That part of the area is still depressed. How they haven't taken a huge bulldozer to everything below the college blows my mind. Easton managed to remain a cute town, or at least on the side across 22 opposite Laffayette.

When Christmas rolls around again, I may be PM'ing you for some information because I figure there has to be more than what little I saw on this last visit. The main problem I had while in town, was finding anywhere open to eat after 8PM. Crazy!
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

There are a lot of good parts and bad parts to the area near the Sands. Lehigh, the Sands and the merchant groups often try revitalization efforts but it is slow going. The new greenway is a huge help, and work has been moving along on the rest of the Steel site.

I promise there are places to eat Downtown after 8 pm

Feel free to PM me!
    --------

@kathrynlynch on twitter

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

awesome party.. we try to get there every year this year were going to the first party of the season. sept 13th
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy