Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Would you go to a park for a new attraction or your favorite park if you had one day?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What would you do? EPCOT or DHS? in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey again everyone! Sorry to be a pest today but I have a definite "modern problems" type dilemma. I am going on an overnight trip to WDW in October to ...
    PAdisneygirl is offline B-Ticket Holder

What would you do? EPCOT or DHS?

Hey again everyone! Sorry to be a pest today but I have a definite "modern problems" type dilemma. I am going on an overnight trip to WDW in October to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I am staying overnight and will spbe able to go to one park the next day. I haven't been to see the new Star Tours yet, and I've been dying to. However, EPCOT is my absolute favorite park (place in general, really) and each time I think about going to WDW without going there, it drives me crazy. So what would you do??

Would you give up Spaceship Earth, Soarin', Test Track, World Showcase, Illuminations, Nemo, etc. to ride Star Tours if you haven't been to the new ride yet? Or would you wait for another time and just go to your favorite park?

I don't know how to decide!

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: What would you do? EPCOT or DHS?

Personally, I would go with Epcot. There's just so much more to do and see there, it's definitely worth your money to go for one day. Honestly, in my mind, having to pay for 1 day at like Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom (where there is less) is the same as say Epcot or Magic Kingdom (which has a lot more); it seems like a bit of a rip off. So, definitely Epcot is my opinion. I'm not all that big of a Star Tours fan like yourself, so it's an easy decision for me. There just seems like a lot more missed at Epcot than HS. But that's just me. You will be satisfied with whatever decision you make.

If you want to read quite a long thread on this very topic, check out the link I posted below. It's from the very short time where I posted on MiceChat, and started the thread on which is better: Epcot or HS. I started this thread when I was young and nieve (ok, I was only 17 and it was barely 2 years ago) and wanted some answers to my question (my username there was "seabreezeNHS")
    Question besides MK, which is the best WDW park?
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Very good points indeed! That's kind of where I have been leaning. I am a very serious Star Wars fan but I can't really get behind giving up my whole day (because I don't know when I'll get another visit to WDW) for the one ride. Yes, there are other things that I love at DHS but I just don't love anything as much as Epcot.

PS- I was fine with my DHS plan until the Soarin' theme sing came on my iPod. Then it was all over. That theme song! That ride! Epcot in general!

Katie
    (@kathrynlynch on twitter)

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Thank you! I always said that Magic Kingdom was my favorite park...but in the last few years, Epcot has drastically grown on me. And I must agree, that Soarin' music is quite epic. And in the pre-show video, Patrick Warburton always makes me laugh. It really is perfect there, though. Spend the morning in Future World, the afternoon strolling World Showcase, doing things late in the afternoon that you missed in the morning, eat dinner, then see Illuminations. I don't see how I can make a better argument! As much as I like some of the things in Hollywood Studios...as a park as a whole, it's all about Epcot for me.

By the way... just followed you on twitter. Hope all that information helps!
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

FritzTiki is offline A-Ticket holder

How about Park Hopping it and covering your bases? You could still hit up Star Tours 2.0 ( not to mention Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania ) and have plenty of time left over for Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Test Track, Illuminations...and churros. Too hard to decide between the two for me. Good Luck!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Toy Story Midway Mania was enough to make me choose it over the animal kingdom when I only had 3 days, but a new ride would have to pretty awesome to make me choose over Epcot or the Magic Kingdom. Star Tours wouldnt do it for me personally, and theres just soooo much more to do at Epcot in general. I wouldnt park hop either... a one day hopper is just tooooo much money and youll get more done sticking to the one park.

Quote Originally Posted by zippitydoodah View Post
    Toy Story Midway Mania was enough to make me choose it over the animal kingdom when I only had 3 days, but a new ride would have to pretty awesome to make me choose over Epcot or the Magic Kingdom. Star Tours wouldnt do it for me personally, and theres just soooo much more to do at Epcot in general. I wouldnt park hop either... a one day hopper is just tooooo much money and youll get more done sticking to the one park.
    Hey there! Thanks for the response- looks like you're understanding what I'm thinking as well. I also agree about the park hopper- that's what created this dilemma. I've always gone for 6 days or more and it wasn't until I planned this very short trip that I realized the cost of that add-on. Definitely not worth it for just one day. Im just glad that in the end I'm getting two parks out of the deal since the original reason for this jaunt is for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (tickets purchased). So we'll have that evening in MK and then the following day.
    --------

@kathrynlynch on twitter

always looking for WDW fans to interact with, and if you live in PA/NJ that's even better!

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by PAdisneygirl View Post
    Hey there! Thanks for the response- looks like you're understanding what I'm thinking as well. I also agree about the park hopper- that's what created this dilemma. I've always gone for 6 days or more and it wasn't until I planned this very short trip that I realized the cost of that add-on. Definitely not worth it for just one day. Im just glad that in the end I'm getting two parks out of the deal since the original reason for this jaunt is for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (tickets purchased). So we'll have that evening in MK and then the following day.

I've had lots of times where I got only one or two days at WDW (my parents stay off property and we could only afford one or two days at a park) and 99% of the time it was MK and Epcot. There's the most to do and unless I've done them it doesnt FEEL like a Disney trip. When I only have one day I end up picking MK for the most part.

While HS has lots of rides I love, I still find that I can get everything done with tons of time left (while riding ToT and Rockin Roller Coaster more than once each), whereas I never get everything I want to do at Epcot done in one day. Plus you can see Illuminations There's just so much more to it

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yeah, as much as I'd hate to miss Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster, there's no way I could choose DHS over EPCOT. And for many of the reasons already mentioned.

DHS is a multi-day add-on, IMO.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

That's a tough one, but I'd go to Epcot.

Quote Originally Posted by FritzTiki View Post
    How about Park Hopping it and covering your bases? You could still hit up Star Tours 2.0 ( not to mention Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster and Toy Story Mania ) and have plenty of time left over for Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Test Track, Illuminations...and churros. Too hard to decide between the two for me. Good Luck!
    I wish that could be the answer! Unfortunately, the cost of adding the park hopper option for just one day is too much to justify. I guess I'll just have to figure out how I can get back soon! As I've said in other posts, I just don't have anyone to go with. Boohoo. Friends and family are totally uninterested.
    --------

@kathrynlynch on twitter

always looking for WDW fans to interact with, and if you live in PA/NJ that's even better!

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Though I have to admit that considering your avatar pic, it's odd you even have to ask the question!

Haha! Fantastic point! I'm a ****er for Star Wars and it was tripping me up a bit!
    --------

@kathrynlynch on twitter

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Without even looking at the OP, I chose Epcot and Favorite Park in the poll.

Epcot is my favorite WDW park. So, I am kind of biast to the question. We went on a last minute long-weekend trip one year and only did two parks - Magic Kingdom and Epcot. It was an amazing trip and I didn't feel like I was missing out on the other parks that trip. JMO

Have a magical trip!
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

MJMcb is offline Fastpass Holder

I would pick favorite park unless the attraction was soooo must see I just had to check it out. Like perhaps when Expedition Everest

or Star Tours 2
    WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast