Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Rides you like but a majority rather just see them leave in the Vacation Planning forums; Pirates have been ruined for me since the Depp movie additions....
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Rides you like but a majority rather just see them leave

Pirates have been ruined for me since the Depp movie additions.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm also a fan of Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - I have a very lame sense of humour and this place always tickles me. Dying for my husband to be picked as 'that guy' - would make my day!
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Hmmmm...I thoroughly enjoyed the first generation Pirates. But, I can honestly say the most recent refurb really doesn't bother me.

The one that bothered me more was when they changed the "chase" scenes and lowered the volume of the gun shots.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Are you from Pennsylvania, by any chance?
    Hahaha...no, why?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Hahaha...no, why?
    Many of my friends from college use "anymore" the way you did. I've always used it as part of a negative sentence (I don't do that anymore), while they used it in a positve context (That's all they do anymore). Figured you might be from the Scranton area.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Hmmmm...I thoroughly enjoyed the first generation Pirates. But, I can honestly say the most recent refurb really doesn't bother me.

The one that bothered me more was when they changed the "chase" scenes and lowered the volume of the gun shots.
    I'm with you on that one. The change to the chase sequences way back when was ridiculous. What next? Female pirates auctioning off male townspeople? Or maybe we can just have them giving away free puppies and kitties instead. Is that PC enough for everyone???
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Many of my friends from college use "anymore" the way you did. I've always used it as part of a negative sentence (I don't do that anymore), while they used it in a positve context (That's all they do anymore). Figured you might be from the Scranton area.
    English isn't my first language, so my writing can be a bit adventurous at times.

Born and raised in Florida, though...

I'm with you on that one. The change to the chase sequences way back when was ridiculous. What next? Female pirates auctioning off male townspeople? Or maybe we can just have them giving away free puppies and kitties instead. Is that PC enough for everyone???
    Well, I could go on and on and on regarding the degradation of American society and culture through political correctness, but changing the chase scenes because they were somehow misogynist plumbed all new depths of absurdity.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm sure it's an awesome place for kids to run around freely. What's nice is that it's never super-crowded over there, so they can roam without continually bumping into people.
    Going to go ahead and agree with Tom Sawyer Island. So peaceful and relaxing...just a good escape for like a half hour.

The other 2 I have come from Epcot: Living With the Land and the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico in Epcot. Never miss out on either of those two...there hardly is ever a wait, and I always just have some strange urge to ride both of them.

Plan on doing all 3 of these at some point while I'm down there...seeing as I leave in 3 days now!

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Going to agree with that as well. Wouldn't say it's ruined...but I definitely lost a major interest in that attraction since it was modernized to be like the movie. The ride came first...just saying. I went on it in 09, but not last year...and doubt I will this year unless I find a time with literally no line.
    Last edited by N.J.boy@N.C.St.; 07-17-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

next thing we know they will take the dog out because it is cruelty to animals to have the dog sitting there with keys in his mouth all day... its ridiculous... they should have left the chase scenes alone...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

They'll have to switch the hooch jugs out for energy drinks. Hey, we can't be glorifying alcoholism!

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by N.J.boy@N.C.St. View Post
    The other 2 I have come from Epcot: Living With the Land and the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico in Epcot. Never miss out on either of those two...there hardly is ever a wait, and I always just have some strange urge to ride both of them.
    Yep agree with you there we have to do those or the trip just isn't complete.

Another ride that i liked that is gone is Who Wants to Be a Millionare? Play it! I never knew anyone who got on but i still loved it.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

Quote Originally Posted by N.J.boy@N.C.St. View Post
    Plan on doing all 3 of these at some point while I'm down there...seeing as I leave in 3 days now!
    Ahem. Let's not be rubbing it in, huh pal?

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    next thing we know they will take the dog out because it is cruelty to animals to have the dog sitting there with keys in his mouth all day... its ridiculous... they should have left the chase scenes alone...
    And perhaps the cat. That mean ol' pirate is scaring the cat with his mug of rum.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

...and if you really think about it, the ride is very speciesist. A pig in the mud? Really? This is 2011, people. Most thinking beings realize that pigs (or as they like to be called) Porcine Americans, are individuals. While it's true some may indeed enjoy wallowing, some swine are probably horrified at the thought of getting muddy. Disney needs to be more sensitive to Porcine Americans!
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

That's pretty funny.

If we can dream it, we can do it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast