Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Rides you like but a majority rather just see them leave in the Vacation Planning forums; i have been on the forum for awhile now and have been noticing a general consensus for the way people think about rides. But some of the rides a majority ...
    Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Rides you like but a majority rather just see them leave

i have been on the forum for awhile now and have been noticing a general consensus for the way people think about rides. But some of the rides a majority of the people on here don't like are some of my favorite rides. I know its personal opinion but i was just wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

For me I love Stitch's Great Escape and the current Journey into Imagination and my trip won't be completed without riding them at least once. Also I liked the Under New Management Tiki Room. Is it a must ride every trip? No but only because i generally only go to Magic Kingdom at night when it is closed. Another is some really don't like Monsters Inc Laugh Floor but i like that too especially when my friends day was "that guy". Also I love Mission: Space and wish more of my family liked it so i could ride it every trip.
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Re: Rides you like but a majority rather just see them leave

I agree with Monster's Inc Laugh Floor...We go to it every trip and we have so much fun.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I have never and WILL never sit through Monsters, Inc Laugh Floor. Same thing for the Tiki Room, no matter which version is there. I don't mind Stitch... the preshow is fun and the audioanimatronic is cool. Personally, I just don't get the whole issue with the chili dog nonsense. It isn't that bad.

Mission: Space is OK. I can't bring myself to do the Orange side, though. I usually ride it right after I ride Test Track, since the line is always empty at that hour of the morning.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

tarzangoofster is offline A-Ticket holder

When Timekeeper closed for good I was VERY disappointed because that was one of my favorite attractions, so when Monsters Inc Laugh Floor replaced it I wasn't too happy. But then when I went I actually really enjoyed it. If I had to choose I would still want Timekeeper back, but i think they did a good job and used the space well.

As for other attractions, I LOVE Carousel of Progress and it makes me sad when people pass it by saying "Oh that's that old boring one" etc. It's one of the last things that Walt personally made himself in the parks. not that that means it should never be touched or changed, just, I think it still holds its own and shouldnt be completely removed. (an update for the end would be good but where do you go from there?)

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Tom Sawyer Island and The Swiss Family Robinson treehouse, for me, fit this title. I like both but I think most people don't. I like that you have to walk, climb, and explore something that really occupies space instead of just watching a computer simulation. Of course the modern stuff has its place; but not at the expense of these two attractions. It will be a sad day when all that is left in the Magic Kingdom is a computer generated virtual experience.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

I went back over to Tom Sawyer Island the last time and was quickly reminded why I no longer go over there. I think the wait for the raft on both ends kills it for me. And there wasn't much to do once I got there. I was more amused by the otter swimming around the water wheel than anything else. Plus, when I'm there in December, Aunt Polly isn't around. Is that shop even still operating?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

I've NEVER seen Aunt Polly's open...I think she died or something. As for TSI, I have 3 kids and they love running around the island and through the caves. I enjoy exploring it with them. I think it's a great place for kids.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Yeah i like TSI especially trying to find a paintbrush haven't found one yet but it is still fun to look
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

I'm sure it's an awesome place for kids to run around freely. What's nice is that it's never super-crowded over there, so they can roam without continually bumping into people.

tarzangoofster is offline A-Ticket holder

I also love TSI. Reminds me what it was like to be a kid.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Carousel of Progress. Thing that stinks is that it's seemingly open about 3 days a year any more.

the7thAve is offline Pepper's Ghost

I like almost all the attractions listed above. CoP is one of my all-time favorites, and I really enjoy TSI when I take the time to go over there.

One that hasn't been mentioned is IASW. I love the Mary Blair influence and the design of it. It feels like I'm riding through a cuckoo clock. Speaking of, I love the clock at both the WDW and DL versions, which really are, basically, giant cuckoo clocks.

If we can dream it, we can do it

penguinmickdis1 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous. It's a modern day Haunted Mansion when it comes to quality. Walt Disney would be proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Carousel of Progress. Thing that stinks is that it's seemingly open about 3 days a year any more.
    Are you from Pennsylvania, by any chance?

zippitydoodah is offline Annual Passholder

My fiance and I spent some time on TSI last summer (he had never been to that area before) and we had a great time, but when we were back this winter we both agreed we didn't really feel like returning. I think it will end up being one of those things we do every 5 years or so.

I love Monsters Laugh Floor as well, and anyone I've seen it with have said it was one of their favourite things at the MK (my sister, my fiance, his mom, etc.. which surprised me, I like it but it's not my favourite or anything).

On the opposite end of things, we frequently skip Pirates. My fiance thinks its the most boring ride ever and complains when I drag him on with me. I do like it, but I've just found that recently I don't feel like I need to go every single time, and when I do it's for the nostalgia.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast