Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss warning about EMH in the Vacation Planning forums; something that we discovered on this trip-- EMH is not worth it at night -- The lines were just as long if not longer. At Epcot at night they did ...
    snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder

warning about EMH

something that we discovered on this trip-- EMH is not worth it at night -- The lines were just as long if not longer. At Epcot at night they did allow FP's -- just FYI.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    wouldn't it depend on the time of year you go also in how busy it is
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Yes, we were calling it Extra Non-Magical Hour. Both MK and Epcot were just as if not more crowded than the day was. We didn't try EMH at AK or MGM.

Snuggie - Did you notice them checking for room keys? At Epcot, they didn't even check...they just seemed to be giving out wristbands.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    wouldn't it depend on the time of year you go also in how busy it is
    I honeymooned at WDW during the Spring Break season and a week or two before Easter. So, I think the crowd levels back then and the crowd levels last week were pretty similar. The E-Ride nights back then that you paid for was much, much, much better than this current Extra Non-Magical Hour.

I can't speak for the morning hour since we're night owls.
    Amanda

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Hmmmm...........
    Now Mandabella, I was talking to Stitch and you were talking to her on the phone after Illuminations on your way to Soarin' and there was a WHOLE bunch of giggling going on. We wondered if you had drank your dinner. So while it may have been crowded it sure sounded FUN!
    They call me "Nana"

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Talking about poor stitch....I hope she had a great time there because she can't seem to get home. Her flight has been delayed 4 times due to bad weather and she is sure it will be very turbulent once she takes off! If ever......
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Hmmmm...........
    Now Mandabella, I was talking to Stitch and you were talking to her on the phone after Illuminations on your way to Soarin' and there was a WHOLE bunch of giggling going on. We wondered if you had drank your dinner. So while it may have been crowded it sure sounded FUN!
    I think that may have been Tracy that April was on the phone with...yeah that's it.
    Ummm...does the 5th amendment of the US Constitution apply on DWT?

I think that was Thursday night because we missed Illuminations while dining at Le Cellier. I had an Ice Wine and a glass of Cabernet-Merlot and DH had a Gin Martini and a Happiest Celebration on Earth dessert laced with whiskey.
    Amanda

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    SHHHHHHHH.......................
    You aren't supposes to tell EVERYTHING Manda!

PS. I would say "welcome home" but I know where you would RATHER be!
    They call me "Nana"

mrp4352 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Different experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    I honeymooned at WDW during the Spring Break season and a week or two before Easter. So, I think the crowd levels back then and the crowd levels last week were pretty similar. The E-Ride nights back then that you paid for was much, much, much better than this current Extra Non-Magical Hour.

I can't speak for the morning hour since we're night owls.
    We were there the week of May 15th and had a great time on Wednesday night at the MK's EMH. The lines were short and we stayed until the very end! They did check resort IDs that night, but I noticed that for morning hours on Friday, they let everyone in, regardless (however, I've never been a huge fan of an extra hour in the morning...) Like Mandabella, I'd rather sleep!
    Please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic!

snuggie is offline E-Ticket Holder
    When we picked up our bands we had our room keys out -- I do not recall them asking for them.

I have been at all times of the year low season to high --- and all I have to say:

WE WANT THE E RIDE NIGHTS BACK!!!!! With all the parks of course -- I would rather pay the extra $$$ and have them limit what is sold----EMH way every on property resort is entitled --

Poor stitch -- I hope that she makes it home OK -- we had a good drive back today -- left at 6am and got home at 2pm -- only had a few sprinkles --

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    I did EMH at MGM May 15th, and yes, the lines at RnR and ToT were long right after Fantasmic let out, but I walked to the back of the park and got on Star Tours with no wait, then by the time I got back to ToT there was no wait there, either. They did check for resort ID's at the table where we got our wristbands.

Last May, when they were testing the evening EMH, I was at Epcot. I walked slowly around World Showcase, took a ride on Malestrom with a 10-15 minute wait, and then was able to get on Test Track and Mission:Space with 5 minute or less waits.

I think it takes time for the parks to thin out, and also to get past that surge of people who rush to attractions as soon as EMH starts. The later you stay, the emptier it gets.

Poor April! I hope she has made it home OK!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    IUmmm...does the 5th amendment of the US Constitution apply on DWT?

Do you know how many times I use that?

In fact, I used it thrice today! The 5th Amendment is the best one of all!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    I think that may have been Tracy that April was on the phone with...yeah that's it.
    Ummm...does the 5th amendment of the US Constitution apply on DWT?

I think that was Thursday night because we missed Illuminations while dining at Le Cellier. I had an Ice Wine and a glass of Cabernet-Merlot and DH had a Gin Martini and a Happiest Celebration on Earth dessert laced with whiskey.
    What happens at WDW, stays in WDW...is that how it goes?

The parks were not really packed during the day, I wonder if everyone packed in at night to avoid the heat and rain?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    What happens at WDW, stays in WDW...is that how it goes?
    Correct! What happens in Disney stays in Disney! Therefore I guess no trip report will be coming from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    The parks were not really packed during the day, I wonder if everyone packed in at night to avoid the heat and rain?
    I think that is what happened April. I got more done in 2 hours, between 11AM and 1PM on a Saturday in the MK during Gay Day than I did during the EMH Wednesday night. The crowds did not thin out until 1:30AM, and the park closed at 2AM. Most waits were 30 minutes plus until very, very late.

Glad you got home safe!
    Amanda

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    glad you had a safe trip Stitch!
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast