Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Walt Disney World WITHOUT the Kids . . . in the Vacation Planning forums; My husband and I are visiting Walt Disney World in September for the first time WITHOUT the kids. What are some "adult" must-do's at Walt Disney World in your opinion??????...
    TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Question Walt Disney World WITHOUT the Kids . . .

My husband and I are visiting Walt Disney World in September for the first time WITHOUT the kids. What are some "adult" must-do's at Walt Disney World in your opinion??????
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Walt Disney World WITHOUT the Kids . . .

Romantic walk along the beach of the Polynesian in time to see Wishes from across the lagoon. Or how about treating yourself to a slap-up meal at Victoria and Alberts at the Grand Floridian?
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

There is always the moonlight stroll around All Star Resorts, just kidding... Boardwalk area after Illuminations is nice. You can also spend a monorail day out of the parks, touring the resorts and snacking in all of them.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse

Treat yourselves to a nice dinner (Citricos, Narcoosies, Yachtsman Steakhouse, California Grill etc)

Go for a couples massage at one of the spas m(Grand Florid

Book a fireworks cruise for Wishes or Illumiantions

Go to the lounge at Port Orleans Riverside on one of the evenings the piano player is there

Monorail cocktail trail
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

My wife and I have gone on double digit trips before we had our son and there were MANY "Must-Do's" (excuse the Stacey reference from this week's show). Probably our favorite is the afternoon into evening spent in World Showcase. It is pure adult fun noshing on all the counter service exotic foods, having a few beverages and watching the Mariachi, Mo-Rockin', Off Kilter, British invasion, etc. The Rose and Crown is a must. Jellyrolls is probably our second favorite. We have combined a surry bike ride, with a romantic dinner at Yachtman's or Kouzzina and finishing the night off singing, horribly I might add, at Jellyrolls. There is excellent food and nightly music at Paradiso 37 at the old Pleasure Island. There's Ye-Haa Bob at Port Orleans Riverside for appitizers and entertainment. And, of course, going commando at the parks. Come and go as you please, mid-day breaks at the pool with a fruity drink or ice cold beer at the hotel. It will be a very long time for my wife and I to"go-it-alone" again. We're jealous. Have Fun!!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Y'know... I am thinking back to when DH and I used to do WDW before DS was born and I honestly can't think of much we did differently. For us, WDW is an escape from adult life. We went to feel like kids again so we did what kids like to do. Me, there isn't much I'd do differently except maybe throw some non-in-your-face-Disney stuff in there like a walk on the beach as a previous person mentioned etc.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Silly and pointless, but my wife and I had a very romantic and quiet time lounging out with a glass of wine and sitting on the chairs at night watching the water pageant from the "beach" at Wilderness Lodge. No one else out there. Nice.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

newarknut is offline A-Ticket holder

And to think that so many people believe that Disney is only for kids! We've had a couple trips without kids and love the slower pace and romantic meals (not necessarily expensive).

Enjoy!!

When will you be there?? I'll be there late on the 28th!

Jellyrolls is fun!!

You can do a carriage ride between POR and POFQ.

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!

You don't really have to do much that is different when you're without kids in tow. Just being able to make decisions based on only one other person makes it a special trip. Now that we live here, we take off on a whim to have lunch and check out various attractions. You can also pack lighter without kids; which is a real treat if you are used to strollers, totebags and comfort toys.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Aww Phooey is offline B-Ticket Holder

When we went for our land-sea Disneymoon we just wanted to do things we've never done before. We didn't go on as many rides as we do when I'm with the whole family. I saw more of World Showcase than I usually get to. Jellyrolls after La Nouba was fun. I LOVED watching Wishes and the water pageant from the beach of the Polynesian. We watched Illuminations from Morocco and just took our sweet time getting out of the park (and found no line waiting for our mode of transportation). The art of lagging behind at closing time is really lost on the rest of my family.

But we also had time to do silly stupid things we never would have gotten away with other people around. For the first time in over 15 years we hopped in line for Dumbo. We took pictures with more characters than back when I was a tot. We...rode Spaceship Earth several times in a row just to hear the different language tracks (...nerds).
    Last edited by Aww Phooey; 09-06-2011 at 02:08 PM.
    Gotta love a duck in uniform.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

We had an amazing trip to Walt Disney World without the kids. Don't feel too sorry for our kids, we're taking them to Walt Disney World next Saturday! We had so much fun without them, that we decided to go next October without them too!

When we arrived at MCO and hopped onto Disney's Magical Express with all the cute families and their kids, I had my first moment of regret. Before we even started on the drive to WDW, some of the kids started acting up and my moment of regret passed. I was thankful and thought to myself, "Better you than me woman!" I was free!!!! Free to go on whatever attractions WE wanted, free to eat a HOT meal at WDW, free to walk hand-in-hand with my hubby around World Showcase without a little hand prying in.

I had some grand plans before the trip like a nice romantic dinner at Yachtsman. Being just the two of us, some of those plans changed. One day, we went to DHS. We got to ride the new Star Tours (it is 100xs better than the old version). After riding it, we turned right back around and got back into line to re-ride it again. It was that good! We had an ADR that day for the Hollywood Brown Derby. We had a really nice lunch there. Bill even raved about his steak (I got the Cobb Salad). That evening, we had an ADR at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. Since Bill had steak at lunch, he wasn't in the mood for steak again. So instead of going to YS, we ended up relaxing and ordering room service at the Beach Club Villas. I didn't have steak at lunch and was really craving steak. You know when you anticipate a meal? I wanted my steak dinner! I had read that the BC and BCV get their dinner meals cooked at the YS. So, I got my steak!!!! It was really good. It was so nice opening our balcony, watching IllumiNations, eating my steak dinner in my pajamas! I don't get to do that on every WDW trip!
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

So glad to hear you enjoyed your trip Jennifer! One of these days I'm sure my hubby and I will do something like that again but we made so many trips before DS was born that I'm not really pushing for it. In fact, I'd almost rather do a "just me and DS" trip. Give everyone else a break and just let him be crazy and leave it to me to handle. Seriously though, I'd miss DH horribly if I did. He wouldn't miss having to deal with the insane people (or our son for that matter) but I just can't imagine a WDW trip without them both.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

First and foremost, just relax and enjoy the fact that it's all about you two! Take a leisurely pace and just breathe and enjoy the things that you might usually rush past.

One thing my husband and I enjoyed doing on our honeymoon was going to see all the different resorts and even eating a few meals at resorts other than our own. We took the Kings to the Kingdom tour at the MK and loved it, something you can't do with kids. We are hoping to take an adults-only vacation again next year and will definitely do another tour.

Enjoy your time with no kids! As much as I love going to WDW with my kids, I tend to watch the couples with no kids a little wistfully while I'm there!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    So glad to hear you enjoyed your trip Jennifer! One of these days I'm sure my hubby and I will do something like that again but we made so many trips before DS was born that I'm not really pushing for it. In fact, I'd almost rather do a "just me and DS" trip. Give everyone else a break and just let him be crazy and leave it to me to handle. Seriously though, I'd miss DH horribly if I did. He wouldn't miss having to deal with the insane people (or our son for that matter) but I just can't imagine a WDW trip without them both.
    I'm doing my first Mom and Daughter trip this winter with my 6 year old and I'm seriously psyched! I know I will miss DH, but I am so very much looking forward to having that precious time with DD and me. DD has a very active toddler sister so I'm looking forward to her staying home with DH, which will make this a very different trip. She'll get her chance when she's 6-ish, too.
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html