Your Walt Disney World Information Station
WDW Theme Parks Discuss New Fantasyland Story Encroachment in the Vacation Planning forums; This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or knows of anything maybe I don't, that is planned in order ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Question New Fantasyland Story Encroachment

This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately and I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or knows of anything maybe I don't, that is planned in order to prevent this but...

I've noticed from pictures of the construction in Fantasyland that the rock work of the Little Mermaid ride as well as some of the village etc. is very visable from Tomorrowland, especially the TTA and the speedway.

Knowing that one of Walt's biggest pet peeves at Disneyland was when one land would encroach on another, it got me to thinking. Does anyone know if there are any plans to help blend the story between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland a little better?

Here's an example of what I'm talking about (taken from the TTA - WDWNewsToday.com):
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Re: New Fantasyland Story Encroachment

oh good question!!

i too am curious to hear this answer!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I noticed in the D23 Model of Fantasyland-YouTube, they have tree's lining these parts, right in front of the pretty concrete railings.

As far as the very high places in the MK, I think there is only so much they can do, the skyway in DL and MK allowed you to see many lands.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Toontown was visible from the car tracks, so this is just a shifting from Toowntown to Fantasyland. The cars never fit with either land, anyway. So if anything is going to be a transition, that's it.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

DVC Dave is offline A-Ticket holder

I'll be curious to hear the answer too. In the mean time...nice picture!

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Where you used to walk into Toontown Fair by the Mad Tea Party, that area is borded up to the point where you can't walk around the Mad Tea Party all the way. But, if you stand off to the side by the barricade, between there and the Indy Speedway you can see into the construction. It was quite an interesting sight to say the least...and I wonder if they will do something about it, but outside of planting other trees without ruining the landscape I just don't see how
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

I'm guessing foliage might be used to help keep the lands apart.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Yeah I know that the skyway obviously had a mix of show too but I guess to me, the skyway wasn't part of a show in anyway so it was different. You were above the buildings. The show was completely gone.

I think the speedway and toon town at least weren't so completely different that it looked like the show was off. Honestly I think the speedway was a great transition. But now, I dunno... I think my issue is the rock work seen from Tomorrowland. Maybe once the foliage is in and the circus areas are done it'll help a bit. I dunno... just seems looking from "Tomorrowland" toward a castle on rocks doesn't fit.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

In reading several books about the planning and construction of WDW, the designers paid great attention to the smooth transition from one land to the other. There are buildings that can be seen from two lands, but the painting helps to blend them. Hopefully they haven't abandoned the old values Walt tried to instill in his park's layout and will have it fixed up perfectly by the time they're done.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

I am sure there will be some kind of landscaping, and that small hut that is framed close to the Speedway will also probably be used to integrate the two somehow (and hide the speedway). Perhaps they will add something to the speedway to divert their attention - maybe something that looks like a crowded stadium wall or something...?
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

ecmickey is offline B-Ticket Holder

Just using a little imagination and humor here.....could they leave the mountains/rocks of the new Fantasyland show over in Tomorrowland and somehow get the word out that it is a 'moonscape' you are looking at 'off in the distance'?
    "How high can a sycamore grow; if you cut it down then you will never know."

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

that is a great question but Im sure they have it all figured out already
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports
    98= All Star Sports 08= Pop Century