Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Why does the 40th seem so quiet this year? in the Vacation Planning forums; I love how out of that entire list, everyone is concerned about the cupcakes...
    DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Re: Why does the 40th seem so quiet this year?

I love how out of that entire list, everyone is concerned about the cupcakes
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Entire List? It is one big list of nothing-ness. The CupCake is
    the shining star!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    hahaha. Funny lady.
    hey u have a cupcake on your pic!!

i wont even be anywhere close to wdw on the 1st...so if someone is and the cupcakes are free, have one for me!! then ask the bakery to send me a butterfinger cupcake!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

Entire List? It is one big list of nothing-ness. The CupCake is
    the shining star!

Touche In all fairness, the cupcake got me excited too! And you are right, there isn't much else going on. The artist signings sound kind of cool though...
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

@DisneyParks
    Disney Parks Magic Kingdom will celebrate its 40th anniversary Oct. 1 with special merchandise, a character cavalcade, a sing along and more. #disneyfyi

on twitter today....

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

That seems kind of weak.
    WDW Radio Android App.

This was one of Disney's hold out announcements:

The 10AM ceremony at the Castle on 10/1 will have characters coming in from the train station and down Main Street. Dapper Dans set to sing.

I wouldn't make a special trip for this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

I wouldn't make a special trip for this.
    I go back to it being the 40th. It's not a "big" year... now... if they don't do anything impressive for the 50th, I'll be upset. This... I was shocked they even acknowledged it after almost not acknowledging Epcot's 25th at all.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I figure for the 50th, they'll do something over the standard 18-month period. Disneyland had a major celebration, complete with the gold trim. Remember that they even partnered up with Energizer to release a set of special anniversary pins when you purchased their batteries. I wouldn't expect anything less in ten years for WDW.

But no, I wouldn't make a special trip for a one-day celebration, either.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

i am still excited to be in the box on saturday and see what lou covers!!

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    Do you know if you have to purchase the items at the signing or can you bring already purchased items from home????

I've been to signings before and you usually have to make a purchase there and were not permitted to bring something in. I had to show my receipt last year at a Jim Shore signing.

It best be one heck-of-a cupcake.
    It will be!! We got one at the Studios 20th anniversary. It was big and yummy! I plan on getting one so I'll take a picture of it for you all.

Our plan is to be at rope drop and spend part of the day in the MK. Since the race is that night we are going to try and take it easy. I'll wave from outside the box!

http://wewantstheredhead.blogspot.com

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    Do you know if you have to purchase the items at the signing or can you bring already purchased items from home????
    These days, signings are less about getting to meet someone you admire and more about the person you admire making money off meeting you. There was a time when you could pass through a line, shake a hand, say hi, maybe get a picture or a piece of paper signed. Now, you need to purchase a book, sculpture, etc in order to have the "privelege" of meeting them. However, if it is the same exact item that they are promoting, or even something specifically in their own line, you may want to call up the venue where he's appearing and see if you can befriend a manager. Explain what you have and that you were interested in getting it signed. They may be able to hook you up. That'd be my advice.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by lorilovestigger View Post
    It will be!! We got one at the Studios 20th anniversary. It was big and yummy! I plan on getting one so I'll take a picture of it for you all
    Oh you know how I love food pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    These days, signings are less about getting to meet someone you admire and more about the person you admire making money off meeting you. There was a time when you could pass through a line, shake a hand, say hi, maybe get a picture or a piece of paper signed. Now, you need to purchase a book, sculpture, etc in order to have the "privelege" of meeting them. However, if it is the same exact item that they are promoting, or even something specifically in their own line, you may want to call up the venue where he's appearing and see if you can befriend a manager. Explain what you have and that you were interested in getting it signed. They may be able to hook you up. That'd be my advice.
    I agree and good advice, worth a shot. I bet if I brought my DWT Books to a meet for Lou to sign, he would. He might also be impressed by how tethered the corners are. Not so sure how Lou would feel about the one book being gnawed by the puppy, it might help if I told him the pups name is Walt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123