Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss Why does the 40th seem so quiet this year? in the Vacation Planning forums; I've been wondering if Disney was going to do anything special this year for the 40th anniversary of WDW and it seems like it's just another year. Has anything popped ...
    DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

Why does the 40th seem so quiet this year?

I've been wondering if Disney was going to do anything special this year for the 40th anniversary of WDW and it seems like it's just another year. Has anything popped up?
    WDW Radio Android App.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Why does the 40th seem so quiet this year?

Been discussed a few times. I guess they're just gearing up for 50. Right now, all of their money is tied up with the Fantasyland expansion, I suppose.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

yesterday on their twitter it was announced that something special was going to happen for guests of the magic kingdom....but they didnt say what!?

lou says he is going to be in the mk for the start of the 40 hour show to find out!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Remember too... they released a TON of merchandise for the 40th. That may not seem like much but they don't always go as merch crazy as they have for this one.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

But I'm talking from a national level. Sure they might be something in the parks and maybe it's a local Orlando story. But I haven't seen any ad campaigns.
    WDW Radio Android App.

From that perspective I think all the work going on during the 40th (Fantasyland, Downtown, Frontierland, etc. etc. etc.) is what's getting the press instead. Almost like "It's been 40 years and look what we're doing next!"
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    From that perspective I think all the work going on during the 40th (Fantasyland, Downtown, Frontierland, etc. etc. etc.) is what's getting the press instead. Almost like "It's been 40 years and look what we're doing next!"
    that makes sense...i agree!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'd say a chunk of guests in Epcot on the 25th didn't even realize there was a mini acknowledgement by Disney. If it wasn't for the uprising of the Floridian Fanbase that token likely wouldn't have happened.

Merchandise is pure profit. Anniversaries and Birthdays (Mickey's) take planning and outlay. The new Disney doesn't seem to put much stock into the revenue returns on their investment. Me, I'd rather see a 40th, with a look back and a look forward over their current MK theme.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Looks like the various forums and podcasts are celebrating the 40th more than the company. Maybe 40 is not a "big" one and we'll have to wait for the 50th.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

True. Plus the MK is a mess right now. Hard to party with all the boards, cranes etc. I'd tend to agree about the 50th but they didn't care about the 25th of Epcot. But the 50th is 10 years off and at the rate they are firing and/or retiring the Disney higher ups, we might have a whole new group in there by the 50th.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

MissMEY is offline C-Ticket Holder

Wouldn't it be great to see lots of 'rare' character meet n greets going on?

Staying at Old Key West & cruising on the Disney Fantasy

HOST AT THE MINNIE MINXES DISNEY PODCAST
    An all-female Disney podcast from the UK

www.facebook.com/theminnieminxesdisneypodcast
    Our Blog http://theminnieminxes.blogspot.co.uk Our Twitter@theminnieminxes

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Frontierland? What's going on there?

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    True. Plus the MK is a mess right now. Hard to party with all the boards, cranes etc. I'd tend to agree about the 50th but they didn't care about the 25th of Epcot. But the 50th is 10 years off and at the rate they are firing and/or retiring the Disney higher ups, we might have a whole new group in there by the 50th.
    I remember being there for the 25th year. Outside of an announcement on the monorail, I cannot rememer what else they had. Didn't they have some sort of dedication ceremony, where they dumped water from all nations into the Fountain? Or was that for something else. I remember paper goods, too, but that might have been for the MK's 25th. Someone mentioned earlier that the cups are all generic. Not just in papergoods, but also the resort mugs. At one time, you had seperate mugs for different resorts. Now it's just some generic Mickey face nonsense. Shame, really.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Frontierland? What's going on there?
    They are refurbing all the buildings (repainting, fixing etc.) as well as the Frontierland Arcade refurb.

Thom Morrow is offline B-Ticket Holder

I have heard that here are BIG things all around the world being lined up for the 50th. I am not a big fan of too much hype surrounding any other anniversaries than the biggest. the 50th will be huge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast