Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
WDW Theme Parks Discuss What is the one thing WDW could improve on? in the Vacation Planning forums; Obviously we all love the place, but if you could think of one thing that could improve WDW what would it be? For me I would chose a hotel busline, ...
    DAR
    DAR is offline Fastpass Holder

What is the one thing WDW could improve on?

Obviously we all love the place, but if you could think of one thing that could improve WDW what would it be? For me I would chose a hotel busline, meaning that if you wanted to go to a hotel instead having to go to Downtown Disney or one of the parks and then hopping on that hotel's bus you could just pick it up right from your hotel.
    WDW Radio Android App.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: What is the one thing WDW could improve on?

I'd fix the food and return to the creative offerings prior to the Dining Plan. I'd return the restaurants to their former glory before they became caching buffets, i.e, Original Chef Mickey's, Germany, Tusker, and so forth and get that ugly piece of poor quality salmon off every buffet line.

I miss the chicken tenders, burgers that tasted like meat, desserts that were not is a sealed plastic container labeled cake so you had a clue what it is.

I'd restore DTD to its original and quaint little self that gave you a break from the hustle of the parks with nice little restaurants including Lilly's.
    Poor Lil.

And I'd be remiss if I forgot to send a dig to the Gourmet Hot Dogs, the funny trick Disney Chef's are playing on the Guests. A chicken dog with any slop they can throw atop and call it Gourmet so they can charge a left lung for something that isn't really a hotdog in the first place.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HoosierClark1 is offline A-Ticket holder

I feel like Disney sacrifices historical accuracy for a good story on some of its attractions-a small thing but it kinda bugs me.

UBMICK35000 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Could they please bring back cable channel 96? That was the one with the continuous loop of 14 or 15 classic Disney cartoons. I already have mine own personal list of Must-Do Disney and don't always need to see theirs.

As for a hotel busline, it might work for connecting just the Magic Kingdom Resorts around Seven Seas Lagoon or just the Epcot Resorts around Crescent Lake but as for connecting to the other resorts I think your best bet is still the resort to theme park to resort method. It only took me 40 to 45 minutes tops any time I've done it.
    [indent]Who says you have to grow up? - Walt Disney

07 / 1990 off property
    09 / 1992 off property
    06 / 1997 Wilderness Lodge
    07 / 2000 Port Orleans
    06 / 2002 Wilderness Lodge
    12 / 2003 Grand Floridian
    09 / 2005 Disneyland Hotel
    09 / 2006 Boardwalk
    06 / 2007 Contemporary
    06 / 2008 Riverside
    03 / 2009 Caribbean Beach
    10 / 2010 Yacht Club
    05 / 2011 Polynesian
    12 / 2011 Disneyland Hotel
    06 / 2012 Disney Magic
    05 / 2013 'Grand' Californian
    12 / 2013 'Grand' Floridian

2009 D23 Charter Member

donnyaz is offline A-Ticket holder

All busses would look like monorails.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

How do you stop at just one thing?
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

could the shops be a bit more "unique" it seems most of them just sell the same things all throughout the resort...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

UBMICK35000 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by donnyaz View Post
    All busses would look like monorails.
    While we're on the subject of busses, why not use hybrid electric or compressed natural gas?
    [indent]Who says you have to grow up? - Walt Disney

07 / 1990 off property
    09 / 1992 off property
    06 / 1997 Wilderness Lodge
    07 / 2000 Port Orleans
    06 / 2002 Wilderness Lodge
    12 / 2003 Grand Floridian
    09 / 2005 Disneyland Hotel
    09 / 2006 Boardwalk
    06 / 2007 Contemporary
    06 / 2008 Riverside
    03 / 2009 Caribbean Beach
    10 / 2010 Yacht Club
    05 / 2011 Polynesian
    12 / 2011 Disneyland Hotel
    06 / 2012 Disney Magic
    05 / 2013 'Grand' Californian
    12 / 2013 'Grand' Floridian

2009 D23 Charter Member

langway4 is offline A-Ticket holder

Get rid of the "vanilla" WDW they have been creating. An example would be the cups and napkins that are now "Disney Parks" instead of WDW or whatever celebration is going on. I also remember when you used to check in to the resorts, you got some sort of "newspaper" that explained the story of the resort and set the theme. Now you just get a vanilla time sheet. Also outsourcing some of the shops and restaurants, and now the golf is not enhancing the experience like the old days used to be. And as much as it pains me to say, Fastpass really started them down this road...taking out the experience of standing in the queue for a ride and just eliminating it. Things like that and the Dining Plan are minimizing the uniqueness that makes Disney Disney!

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Everyone is ignoring the 800 pound gorilla sitting right there at the turn stiles Quit raising the price of admission!...better yet LOWER THE TICKET PRICES!!!
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfns2 View Post
    Everyone is ignoring the 800 pound gorilla sitting right there at the turn stiles Quit raising the price of admission!...better yet LOWER THE TICKET PRICES!!!
    Out of curiosity... Have you been to the "other" park that we generally don't speak of... A 1-day/2-park ticket is $120... Now that's astronomical... I know the prices have gone up over the years... But not at this level...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

wdwfns2 is offline D-Ticket Holder

To be honest JNota I have a pair of passes to the "other place" that have been collecting dust in a drawer for the last 12 years! too long of a story to explain...we'll just say I received better customer service at McDonalds. But that doesn't get over the fact that Disney's price increase every year is surpassing the cost of living. Seriously, at what point do we say "enough is enough?"
    Day 1 WDW Radio
    Keep to the code

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfns2 View Post
    To be honest JNota I have a pair of passes to the "other place" that have been collecting dust in a drawer for the last 12 years! too long of a story to explain...we'll just say I received better customer service at McDonalds. But that doesn't get over the fact that Disney's price increase every year is surpassing the cost of living. Seriously, at what point do we say "enough is enough?"
    I had those too, though maybe different from the ones you have now. I went to Universal the first year it opened, and half (literally half) the attractions were down or going down. So they gave every guest that was inside the park that day passes (blue and while with a movie camera and clap board on them) to go back. I went back about ten years ago and they would not give us passes to both parks, which made sense since they (for some reason) charge two different admission prices, when they are essentially the same park. But whatever. No big deal. I went back again two years ago with the final two passes I had and they automatically gave me passes to both parks, which was great. I think they were surprised to see that I was holding on to paper passes from opening year of the park. I enjoy Universal and will be visiting again while I'm there this year.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NavyMouse is offline A-Ticket holder

Fort Wilderness campground be eligible for free dining

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by langway4 View Post
    Get rid of the "vanilla" WDW they have been creating. An example would be the cups and napkins that are now "Disney Parks" instead of WDW or whatever celebration is going on. I also remember when you used to check in to the resorts, you got some sort of "newspaper" that explained the story of the resort and set the theme. Now you just get a vanilla time sheet. Also outsourcing some of the shops and restaurants, and now the golf is not enhancing the experience like the old days used to be. And as much as it pains me to say, Fastpass really started them down this road...taking out the experience of standing in the queue for a ride and just eliminating it. Things like that and the Dining Plan are minimizing the uniqueness that makes Disney Disney!
    Yeah, I definitely hear you on all of these points. I don't know how long you've been going there, but you sound about as old school as I am when it comes to WDW.

I started going back in the 70's not too long after it opened, and I think the two biggest "gripes" (simple observations of change more than anything, really) are the lack of the unique, and the overall cleanliness of the resort.

Main Street, alone, was far more unique than anything you see there these days. The flower shop, the tobacco shop, the Penny Arcade with the old rotoscopes and old school Boardwalk-style amusement items...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast